Page 5 of 155 FirstFirst 12345678910111555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite / Prettiest/ most significant silver coin, bar, or round around ???

Quote Originally Posted by shel8483 View Post
    I like the Opal series coins. I think they are the nicest coin as good as any I've seen. On the old side a ms 64 or better Morgan is tough to beat.
    DO you have any photos of this series? Who made it? How do we get one ? Do you have any? a nice Morgan is always a treat I agree.
    Last edited by windweaver77; 07-11-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    tell us about it.. where was it made? what did it cost ya? Where can we get one? Why do we want one? Gotta photo?
    Well, I have been wanting to stack some Monarch Precious Metals bars for a while and I finally pulled the trigger on some 5oz bars about a month ago. Shortly after that is when the price plummeted towards $20oz and I pulled the trigger on the 25oz bar. I believe ended up paying $575 for it (about $23/oz).

Here's two pics. I just love how chunky it is.

Heres a pic of the 5oz bars

I absolutely LOVE the 25oz but for future purchases I will only stack 5oz bars from MPM. There is just something about them
    "Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves."

I'm just starting out so I don't have many cool or pretty silver. Yet.

I did manage to get a 25 ozt CMI bar which I like.

I also got a silver round that a doctor in Tulsa had made. I'm not sure if he gave these to his patients, staff, or fellow doctors. I did research that he was doc of the year in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by KnurledNut View Post

I also got a silver round that a doctor in Tulsa had made. I'm not sure if he gave these to his patients, staff, or fellow doctors. I did research that he was doc of the year in 2005.

That is a wicked cool round!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KnurledNut View Post

Ah, back when silver was $5/oz.. the good ol' days
    "Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves."

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    its easy enough to do , in a rush to post info... though i personally do not feel anyone here is trying to say its their own words, but trying to post useful info only...which i took yours as.. i like you like foreign coins, though i stick to high content ASW coins.... anyway i believe it is a forum rule, and have been guilty of it myself ...

INMA
    I would argue that any coin that was legal tender in the United States or was found in the United States or sold here is , no matter the government of issue) no longer foreign. But especially the Spanish colonials and the five francs coins ( of appropriate year). But yes I am often rushing my posts hence all of the edits . Have a great day El Capitan

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by harleyjohn45 View Post
    walking liberty coins.
    +1 on that, the walking liberty half dollar is a beauty, the inspiration for the
    ASE.
    ================================
    "A SILVER quarter still buys a gallon of gasoline".

I've always been a big fan of the 2001 Britannia "Una and Lion"

plus lots of other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by hifisapi View Post
    +1 on that, the walking liberty half dollar is a beauty, the inspiration for the
    ASE.
    Tell us more about this... do you have a photo? How can we get one? What years were they made ? Etc. How much adoration do you give these coins and which do you prefer the walker or the ASE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psaemon View Post
    I've always been a big fan of the 2001 Britannia "Una and Lion"

plus lots of other stuff
    Do you have a photo? When were they made? What are the pros and cons of them? Aren't they made of less than pure silver? Lovely coins though... How do you feel about other coins with Britannia on them like the old trade dollars?

britannia2001.jpg

It is sterling .925 but the higher grams still rolls in at 1 oz. I really want one of those trade dollars just have to many other numis on the menu at the moment.

It might not be the prettiest coin out there but something about it.....something about it.....