Page 145 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4595135139140141142143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1543

Thread: Favorite / Prettiest/ most significant silver coin, bar, or round around ???

Closeup of one of my Silver Eagles.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

That really, really is a close up photo...LOL
    Stacking since the late 1970's

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post

Closeup of one of my Silver Eagles.
    Wow... that's the money shot!!!
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Not my best work, but some real lookers.

https://youtu.be/fvX4Y4rnjuM

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

How do you guys feel about silver confiscation?

https://youtu.be/t77DE9OgHHI

How do I feel about it? As paranoid nonsense. Come on, survivalists have been preaching that gospel as long as I've been breathing air (I'm 68).
    I clearly recall sitting around with some buddies in my last years of high school (1971'ish), and how the price of gold was being (or had been) deregulated. We talked about how it was a good investment to buy gold at (I think it was) $32/ounce. But, nobody did it. Heck, I was driving a car I paid $500 for, and it wasn't too shabby. For a young guy like me, at the time, $32 was a fair chunk of change. I'm not even sure where one would go to buy gold at that time. So recently after deregulation, the cottage industry hadn't yet arrived in Ordinary Town, USA.
    Then, over the next forty years or so, there were recurring freakouts about how the gubberment was going to steal your precious metals.

That never happened, and there's zero reason to believe it will ever happen. Seriously, they're not interested in your metals, that's not even on their radar. Control of the masses, yes, check. They don't give a frack about your metals...at least, no more than the folding fiat you've got stashed away. The entire concept of the gubberment stealing your PMs is a far right wing nutcase fapfest. Yeah, they'd rather have your money in the system, but it's not metal that's their concern. For sure, they are not fond of wealth that's off the grid. But, you never hear of gubberment schemes to raid people who have their pillows stuffed with fiat. Maybe shoot them dead in their sleep for no valid reason, but not to steal their wealth.

It's sad that the vast majority on this forum assume that a person interested in stacking must be a Bible thumping, gun toting, right wing extremist. Even sadder, that most of them view Trumpology as a conservative stance, while their Dear Leader has no economic, nor moral, compass. He's not a Republican, folks. He's not a patriot, he admires totalitarian strongmen. He's not a conservative either. He's a demagogue, and the leader of a cult. Your previous godlike idol, Ronald Reagan, wouldn't make it to the stage of the first Republican Debates, he would be considered too liberal.

I was suspended from KITCO for a period for expressing my political views. But, dayum folks, wake up. This isn't politics as usual. What we have is a dysfunctional Republican Party that presents a threat to the continued existence of our free country. I'm no stranger to Republican politics. My parents were both conservative Republicans, from WWII onward. My dad died in 1990, and I would hurt for him to see what has become of his party of choice. No question, it would have hurt him deeply. Good GAWD, Trump encouraged, and relished in, an attack on the seat of our government, and the first case of a non-peaceful transfer of power. It doesn't get any worse than that, short of the establishment of a totalitarian government.

I hope that I don't get suspended again for expressing my concern.
    Last edited by NCCPC; 02-12-2022 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Afterthought

Repeal Citizens United
    Abolish the Electoral College
    Restore the Fairness Doctrine

The first POTUS I remember was JFK.
    I never questioned the loyalty of any of them to the USA, until Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by NCCPC View Post
    How do I feel about it? As paranoid nonsense. Come on, survivalists have been preaching that gospel as long as I've been breathing air (I'm 68).
    I clearly recall sitting around with some buddies in my last years of high school (1971'ish), and how the price of gold was being (or had been) deregulated. We talked about how it was a good investment to buy gold at (I think it was) $32/ounce. But, nobody did it. Heck, I was driving a car I paid $500 for, and it wasn't too shabby. For a young guy like me, at the time, $32 was a fair chunk of change. I'm not even sure where one would go to buy gold at that time. So recently after deregulation, the cottage industry hadn't yet arrived in Ordinary Town, USA.
    Then, over the next forty years or so, there were recurring freakouts about how the gubberment was going to steal your precious metals.

That never happened, and there's zero reason to believe it will ever happen. Seriously, they're not interested in your metals, that's not even on their radar. Control of the masses, yes, check. They don't give a frack about your metals...at least, no more than the folding fiat you've got stashed away. The entire concept of the gubberment stealing your PMs is a far right wing nutcase fapfest. Yeah, they'd rather have your money in the system, but it's not metal that's their concern. For sure, they are not fond of wealth that's off the grid. But, you never hear of gubberment schemes to raid people who have their pillows stuffed with fiat. Maybe shoot them dead in their sleep for no valid reason, but not to steal their wealth.

It's sad that the vast majority on this forum assume that a person interested in stacking must be a Bible thumping, gun toting, right wing extremist. Even sadder, that most of them view Trumpology as a conservative stance, while their Dear Leader has no economic, nor moral, compass. He's not a Republican, folks. He's not a patriot, he admires totalitarian strongmen. He's not a conservative either. He's a demagogue, and the leader of a cult. Your previous godlike idol, Ronald Reagan, wouldn't make it to the stage of the first Republican Debates, he would be considered too liberal.

I was suspended from KITCO for a period for expressing my political views. But, dayum folks, wake up. This isn't politics as usual. What we have is a dysfunctional Republican Party that presents a threat to the continued existence of our free country. I'm no stranger to Republican politics. My parents were both conservative Republicans, from WWII onward. My dad died in 1990, and I would hurt for him to see what has become of his party of choice. No question, it would have hurt him deeply. Good GAWD, Trump encouraged, and relished in, an attack on the seat of our government, and the first case of a non-peaceful transfer of power. It doesn't get any worse than that, short of the establishment of a totalitarian government.

On one hand I hope you are right.

On the other, so many red herrings and strawmen in that meandering diatribe, I don't know where to begin to respond.

I will only say this, I hope you feel better soon.
    Also, I am glad we are on speaking terms again, sort of.

Here is an example of a discussion on the topic, rather than pontificating about your soap box issues in a chaotic- disjointed soliloquy.

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...OPIC_ID=416696
    Last edited by windweaver77; 02-12-2022 at 07:52 AM.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

even nccpc is welcome to his opinion, though however misguided and WRONG he is.

I respect your rant and trust that you are happy with the Biden policies and remember that Trump is no longer in power. I did not care for Trump's personality, but sure liked his policies. Now, thanks to Biden's policies, we watch out of control inflation, draconian Covid enforcements, open borders and I might add sharply rising price of gold, but we may need our stacked gold and silver to survive another two years of Biden.

It's well to remember that highly educated Republican and Democrat politicians have got us into this mess. So, the question is, has the U.S. passed the point of no return? Only time will tell and in the meantime I will continue to stack Au and Ag...
    Stacking since the late 1970's