Page 102 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2529296979899100101102103104105106107108112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1543

Thread: Favorite / Prettiest/ most significant silver coin, bar, or round around ???

i was curious if they'd email me back about the combo to that safe, thought maybe she'd ask for more money for it or something.. since the safe was open i was able to open up the door and just figure out the combo, its not difficult. i generally will clean the mech up on any safe i get anyway even if the dial seems to spin freely. see if there isn't anything else hidden in the door (which is actually a great hiding place within the safe itself..) that way if someone gets in your safe, your most prized stuff and/or cash can be hidden in the door. if they steal the entire safe well, that sucks.
    what you say and think matters, but its what you do that counts
    improve always

Country France
    Years 1898-1920
    Value 1 Franc (1)
    Metal Silver (.835)
    Weight 5 g
    Diameter 23 mm
    Thickness 1.40 mm
    Shape Round
    http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces682.html
    Coins depicting the often immitated but never duplicated
    Maestro Roty "the sower."
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

My favorite kinda silver, the kind that arrives in my hand..

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Speaking of silver in the hand...

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Speaking of silver in the hand...
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what are we looking at here?

I'm about to pull the trigger on tubes of 2014 RCM Arctic Foxes, 2015 RCM e=mc^2 Maples Leafs, and Mexican Libertads. Seems like a bad investment prospect given the continually-decreasing spot price, but this whole thing is more of a hobby to me than investment. I just like shiny coins

I just like shiny coins

Me too! PF70 DCAM plus Canada.jpg
    Last edited by StGaudensrevisited; 08-05-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedThou View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what are we looking at here?

I'm about to pull the trigger on tubes of 2014 RCM Arctic Foxes, 2015 RCM e=mc^2 Maples Leafs, and Mexican Libertads. Seems like a bad investment prospect given the continually-decreasing spot price, but this whole thing is more of a hobby to me than investment. I just like shiny coins
    Two five franc coins that I got under melt shipped to my door.

$9.06
    Features
    KM# 926
    Country France
    Years 1959-1969
    Value 5 Francs (5 FRF)
    Metal Silver (.835)
    Weight 12 g
    Diameter 29 mm
    Thickness 2.10 mm
    Shape Round
    http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces679.html

Quote Originally Posted by StGaudensrevisited View Post

For you!!

Thanks ;-)

Hoi ingots from modern day Laos and Thailand...

Whatcha think guys? They come in denominations called tamlung which were about 60 grams... Called tiger tongues on this side of the pond.