Page 101 of 155 FirstFirst ... 51919596979899100101102103104105106107111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1543

Thread: Favorite / Prettiest/ most significant silver coin, bar, or round around ???

  1. #1001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsule View Post
    looks like someone has one on the bay, not sure if the link is kosher..
    http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDU4Mg...pt!~~60_35.JPG
    For you !!!

    Hate with a passion one of the two guys on that round, can you guess which one?

    I will give you a hint... He looks a lot like this guy.


    And yes those capped bust dimes for just a few cents over melt was sweet. Also got16 seated half dimes 2 seated quarters and 3 commeratives halves in that deal. Melt was a lot higher then...

    Last edited by windweaver77; 07-16-2015 at 10:36 AM.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  2. #1002

    Default

    These came in today...
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  3. #1003

    Default

    This came in today


    $4.66 well spent says I haha
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  4. #1004

    Default

    i didnt get any Ag yesterday but I did get another safe. CL find, i love the oldies. this one is about 3 ft, on casters. people i bought it from were pretty rough. they offered to haul it down the very sketchy stairs on the side of the house. Against my advice one guy got below the safe, one was above it. I thought for sure one or both would die. they got it to the ground though. Safe was open already so i wasnt too worried about making sure the combo worked, which it didnt. in fact the combo the woman gave me wasnt even close to the actual combo. since the door was open i took it apart and cleaned the mechanism. noticed immediately that the last number couldnt be what she had on her paper.. tried her numbers, not even close. one factor working against me was that the mech was enclosed so you couldn't just turn the dial and watch to see what numbers put the dials in the right place. fortunately the little pitons that actually turn each succesive dial gave me what the numbers should be. After testing out R/L and 4/3/2/1 vs 3/2/1 turns I finally got it. I don't know if the woman doesnt actually know the combo or if she's going to send me an email saying for $20 i'll send it to you or some such.. i emailed saying im having trouble with the combo you gave me, no response as of yet. whatever, its a nice little safe for a great price. i had to drive a little over an hour and wasn't looking forward to getting it down stairs but in the end it all worked out great.
    what you say and think matters, but its what you do that counts
    improve always

  5. #1005

    Default

    [QUOTE windweaver77;2426517]glad to be of service. Capsule added a bonus bit for you on your coin... so is there a fun story behind this? Also I am not master at identifying coins . I still have no definitively identified a few in my own collection haha. I am pretty fast on the internet search uptake though , sometimes.[/QUOTE]
    Wish there was a nice story with this coin but actually I needed it identified for a customer that was about as far as it goes. that would have taken me weeks so even though you may have some in your collection you have not identified compared to my skills you are the master.. thanks also Capsule

  6. #1006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mechanic4hire3 View Post
    [QUOTE windweaver77;2426517]glad to be of service. Capsule added a bonus bit for you on your coin... so is there a fun story behind this? Also I am not master at identifying coins . I still have no definitively identified a few in my own collection haha. I am pretty fast on the internet search uptake though , sometimes
    Wish there was a nice story with this coin but actually I needed it identified for a customer that was about as far as it goes. that would have taken me weeks so even though you may have some in your collection you have not identified compared to my skills you are the master.. thanks also Capsule
    Always happy to help... besides you set me up with a nice deal last time we chatted So even though I would have done it for anybody... extra pleased it was you
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  7. #1007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsule View Post
    i didnt get any Ag yesterday but I did get another safe. CL find, i love the oldies. this one is about 3 ft, on casters. people i bought it from were pretty rough. they offered to haul it down the very sketchy stairs on the side of the house. Against my advice one guy got below the safe, one was above it. I thought for sure one or both would die. they got it to the ground though. Safe was open already so i wasnt too worried about making sure the combo worked, which it didnt. in fact the combo the woman gave me wasnt even close to the actual combo. since the door was open i took it apart and cleaned the mechanism. noticed immediately that the last number couldnt be what she had on her paper.. tried her numbers, not even close. one factor working against me was that the mech was enclosed so you couldn't just turn the dial and watch to see what numbers put the dials in the right place. fortunately the little pitons that actually turn each succesive dial gave me what the numbers should be. After testing out R/L and 4/3/2/1 vs 3/2/1 turns I finally got it. I don't know if the woman doesnt actually know the combo or if she's going to send me an email saying for $20 i'll send it to you or some such.. i emailed saying im having trouble with the combo you gave me, no response as of yet. whatever, its a nice little safe for a great price. i had to drive a little over an hour and wasn't looking forward to getting it down stairs but in the end it all worked out great.
    So you are baiting her with your message,Or do you need the information?
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  8. #1008

    Default

    I like cheap silver.... so if silver goes down low enough ... plug in whatever I get into this thread ... How about you guys?
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  9. #1009

    Default

    My favorite round is my Ten Year 9/11 anniversary 1oz round. I bought it in NYC at the WTC site. Beautiful coin. It is the only proof coin I own.

  10. #1010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atlas mike View Post
    My favorite round is my Ten Year 9/11 anniversary 1oz round. I bought it in NYC at the WTC site. Beautiful coin. It is the only proof coin I own.
    Sounds cool. Gotta photo?
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •