Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3434748495051525354555657585963103 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Score - gold

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    Sale Day Today! Some "in assay" gold bars and sovereigns for me. Not about pretty, just what I can get low, liquid, good for use as money --at spot range of $1850-$1862
    Confucius say Buy Coin on 5% down day make for happy man ....

My latest gold score was neither physical (gasp!) nor a biggie (damn!), but I'm hooting and beating my chest anyway over a quick $75.01 in the pocket I scooped by buying 50 shares of EGO at $12.80/sh in a non-commission trading account on Nov 4, and then selling the 50 shares on November 6 at $14.285/sh. Don't laugh, for me that's three lunches! I mentioned on another post I might try for a quick modest trade, so I did. I am more comfortable playing the goofball paper game for now, at relatively small stakes, because when the stock market dropped in March, I blew a lot of my dry powder on Boeing stock when it tanked. Hey, all that glitters is not always gold, and so far I'm glad I blew my gold cash stash on stock in that crazy, lazy, unethical, drunken worker-built plane and defense company that has a stock price that bounces back from management's every major screw-up and betrayal like an inflatable Wall Street punch clown with the stupid grin and the big red nose. Anyway, check out or familiarize yourself with the stock price movements of EGO for an interesting diversion - but don't bet the whole farm on it, and I'd keep working on that stack anyway if I were you. And be cautious in that investment jungle out there!
    Last one out of the vault, please turn out the light.

Been getting gold bars recently, especially today on the drop and a "black friday" sale on some very nice cast Perth Mint bars I could find. I was not a big fan of bars, however given the 24K craze along with how some modern folks feel paper certificates make them look more genuine, and that the buy-sell spread with my local is better than with most coins/rounds, I'm now stacking them blocks.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Interesting how there are so few reports now, given that this "black friday", I found the lowest premiums on bars and coins I have seen all year, while the spot price is down about $300/oz from the highs 4 months ago. What has changed to reduce the gold buying? Or is everyone now bored of this -- just keeps to themselves?

Anyway, more bars and coins, both Valcambi and $5 U.S. commemorative at about $30/oz premium. And silver -- getting at spot now, not long ago I remember the panic....
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    Interesting how there are so few reports now, given that this "black friday", I found the lowest premiums on bars and coins I have seen all year, while the spot price is down about $300/oz from the highs 4 months ago. What has changed to reduce the gold buying? Or is everyone now bored of this -- just keeps to themselves?

Anyway, more bars and coins, both Valcambi and $5 U.S. commemorative at about $30/oz premium. And silver -- getting at spot now, not long ago I remember the panic....
    To describe the situation, " Im Westen nichts neues " ( Erich Maria Remarque ) = "nothing new on the westfront " , a cynical title to express that apparent silence hides big underlying problem eruptions.

G:tiki2+++

Two 1/2 oz gold Maple Leaf at USD $953 each.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 12-14-2020 at 07:13 PM.
    Stacking since the late 1970's

Will post my next gold score when I get back to hitting up garage sales or the price drops to a more reasonable level lol
    One in a million...GNR ...sums it up nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Two 1/2 oz gold Maple Leaf at $953 each.
    USD or CAD?

Quote Originally Posted by sasksilver View Post
    Will post my next gold score when I get back to hitting up garage sales or the price drops to a more reasonable level lol
    hitting on those grannies huh?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    hitting on those grannies huh?
    Nah, just have scored a lot of gold over the years from garage sales...best one I ever hit scored $700 worth of gold when it was well under $1600 a ounce...paid 50 cents. Won't buy retail til she calms down again...that lead work out for you that I sent?
    One in a million...GNR ...sums it up nicely