Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 414546474849505152535455565761101 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Score - gold

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    your photos weren't that clear but i didn't see much bag marks so at least a ms63 was my safe assessment.
    Nice to know the original owners likely took some extra care storing it
    I did the best I could with the photos, but even after undoing the auto-focus on my camera, they still didn't come out that great. On top of that, I had to rotate and crop them afterwards which was a small p.i.t.a.. Yes, I'm glad it wasn't a typical choppy, bagmarked sample of a large gold coin. They did well keeping it preserved. It's quite easily an ms-63 and more than likely a 64.

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    From my local dealer, 20 Franc Swiss and Roosters, at $10 over spot per coin. Bought all they had, nice to have rolls of gold. Other coins, the common 1 oz bullion, still going for considerably more than usual over spot. Love the small gold coins from the past, wonder why I can find them at such good deals from certain local dealers, while the major online dealers keep their per/oz premiums relatively high.
    The deal you just made sounds much like the premiums of the past instead of the current times- much more in line with the moderate gold premiums that should be expected. As such, it sounds like you did very well. I love the older gold coins too- doesn't matter which country. There's history behind them and they're gold!

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    From my local dealer, 20 Franc Swiss and Roosters, at $10 over spot per coin. Bought all they had, nice to have rolls of gold. Other coins, the common 1 oz bullion, still going for considerably more than usual over spot. Love the small gold coins from the past, wonder why I can find them at such good deals from certain local dealers, while the major online dealers keep their per/oz premiums relatively high.
    ten over for nice franks and roosters sounds like a deal to me. congrats. its good to see action on this thread besides the newbee repeat questions or the one and banned adverts. more of the old timers are probably still buying or trading but if i recall some like to keep very low profiles. i like the action here to promote a little excitement. haha

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    ten over for nice franks and roosters sounds like a deal to me. congrats. its good to see action on this thread besides the newbee repeat questions or the one and banned adverts. more of the old timers are probably still buying or trading but if i recall some like to keep very low profiles. i like the action here to promote a little excitement. haha
    I'm with you, Max. Sounds like Moto completed a great deal. I also agree that it's good to see the strong hands keeping up the good fight, so to speak. I don't always get to post my newest acquisitions, but make no bones about it, they never stop. I'm always open to a new addition to the stack. I'm fairly certain many of the weaker hands have been weeded out already and being a rather private person myself, I tend to do exactly what you just said- I try to keep a low(er) profile. I honestly believe that our excitement does help keep things going, yet it isn't based upon "irrational exuberance" or unbridled enthusiasm- it's based upon years of knowledge and experience. To borrow a phrase from fellow gun owners with a little tweak... "Keep calm and stack on.".

I've been refining my mining stocks, pausing on physical except for a kilo Ag bar and some AGE's, waiting on a possible lower cost at the end of September/start of October. (my guess) Our financial advisor ran 1000 scenarios based upon our investments and said we had a 99% chance of not being able to spend it all before going cold at age 93. I questioned his 1.85% rate of inflation they used to generate his charts. GIGO.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    I'm with you, Max. Sounds like Moto completed a great deal. I also agree that it's good to see the strong hands keeping up the good fight, so to speak. I don't always get to post my newest acquisitions, but make no bones about it, they never stop. I'm always open to a new addition to the stack. I'm fairly certain many of the weaker hands have been weeded out already and being a rather private person myself, I tend to do exactly what you just said- I try to keep a low(er) profile. I honestly believe that our excitement does help keep things going, yet it isn't based upon "irrational exuberance" or unbridled enthusiasm- it's based upon years of knowledge and experience. To borrow a phrase from fellow gun owners with a little tweak... "Keep calm and stack on.".
    With digits in never ending supply, those who are into saving should always be on the hunt for a real physical gold "score", not something that will ever end so long as I am saving more then spending. For me, spot price does not matter so much as I also play the digital side -- just looking for good deals to convert the digits to real gold, and I'm not one who likes to do it all at once, given I actually like PM coinage -- have enjoyed collecting since a boy. Now what I'm really waiting for is platinum bullion premiums to return down to earth......
    Last edited by motocat; 09-10-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Mexico Gold 50 Pesos Centenario

At $20 over spot (with spot at $1890). Under $1900 is buying time, especially coins with such low premium. Also got a gold sovereign (+12/oz) and silver Queens Beast Greyhound as change.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

just picked up 5 more full sovereigns. 6 mo same as cash. one of them will be a "shield" version. paid about $20 extra to get the shield.

found another shield full sovereign for less than the last one. the sovereign tube is growing. this last one seems to be in fairly good shape. we shall see.

haven't pick up any gold lately, just admiring the shield coins

young head shield

canadian shield