Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2529296979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1035

Thread: Latest Score - gold

Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    Over $600 an ounce premium? What country is this?
    The Canadian peso. It is a very hard pill to swallow. Especially when I've bought at par and even when the CADollar was $1.07 to the USDollar. The last 2 days our dollar fell another 2% against the USDollar. Currently $0.72.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    The Canadian peso. It is a very hard pill to swallow. Especially when I've bought at par and even when the CADollar was $1.07 to the USDollar. The last 2 days our dollar fell another 2% against the USDollar. Currently $0.72.
    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    Over $600 an ounce premium? What country is this?
    yes, i was referring to the CAD valuation premium, is extra CAD needed to buy PM in USD.
    The reason i say it's a premium because in canada, wages earned in CAD is discounted relative to the USD

Current minimum wage across Canada, in CAD
    Province...........Minimum Hourly Wage

Alberta $15.00

Effective as of October 1, 2018. View more information.
    British Columbia $16.75

Effective as of June 1, 2023. View more information.
    Manitoba $15.30

Effective as of October 1, 2023. View more information.

New Brunswick $14.75

Effective as of April 1, 2023. View more information.
    Newfoundland & Labrador $15.00

Effective as of October 1, 2023. View more information. The Minister is still considering the recommendation from the Minimum Wage Review Committee to adjust minimum wage rates after 2024 by inflation plus an additional 1% annually. View report from Minimum Wage Review Committee.

Northwest Territories $16.05

Effective as of September 1, 2023. The minimum wage is adjusted annually using a formula based on the percentage change in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for Yellowknife and the percentage change in the average hourly wage (AHW) in the NWT for the preceding calendar year. View more information.
    Nova Scotia $15.00

Effective as of October 1, 2023. Beginning April 1, 2024, the minimum wage rate will be adjusted with inflation plus an additional 1% annually. View more information and a report from Minimum Wage Review Committee.

Nunavut $16.00

Effective as of April 1, 2020. The minimum wage in NU is reviewed annually on April 1. View more information.
    Ontario $16.55

Prince Edward Island $15.00

Quebec $15.25

On May 1, 2023, Quebec’s minimum wage increased to $15.25. View more information (in French).
    Saskatchewan $14.00

Yukon $16.77

Effective as of April 1, 2023. The minimum wage is adjusted on April 1 of each year relative to the Consumer Price Index. View more information.

The minimum wages in canada averages around CAD 15/hr or 10.91 USD/hr at current exchange rates.
    What i'm saying, in comparison, we are earning on average 10.91 USD/hr buying power while americans are earning 15 USD/hr to buy the same oz of PM. Canadians need a CAD 20.65/hr minimum wage to have the same buying power as american minimum wage of 15 USD/hr. If PM is less than 0.995 purity, we have to pay another 5% GST

Very good explanation YellowSnow. Americans don't even realize how good/easy they have it when buying precious metals. I just priced a Britannia 1oz. gold coin. ($2784.42 with credit card)

Wonder how many Americans would pay that much? Not many I would think with gold in the low $1825.00 area.

Very good explanation YellowSnow. Americans don't even realize how good/easy they have it when buying precious metals. I just priced a Britannia 1oz. gold coin. ($2784.42 with credit card)

Wonder how many Americans would pay that much? Not many I would think with gold in the low $1825.00 area.
    the candol looks like it is worth the froth on a pint of beer.

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    the candol looks like it is worth the froth on a pint of beer.

Golditiki2+++
    G'day Goldi:

Haha..that is the way I feel. Even beer is expensive up here.

G'day Goldi:

Haha..that is the way I feel. Even beer is expensive up here.
    lol, you got me work up on canadian protectionism and inconsistent policy.

- Our cheese, milk and butter cost more in canada compared to US so to protect a few dairy farmers in Ontario and Quebec.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/9449336/u...ca-trade-deal/
    - Grocery are GST free except for roast nuts, rotisserie chicken because our gov't treat roasted nuts and chicken as sin food like alcohol and cigs. Meanwhile, corn/potato chips, candy bars, donuts, pastry goods, soda pop, bacon, breakfast cereal, frozen pizza/french fries/taco/tv dinner are tax exempt.

- Prescription drugs (which can be addictive) are tax exempted but if you want to save healthcare cost with vitamins and off the counter medicines to treat coughs, cold, fever, dry/itchy eyes, bandages, they are fully taxed.

So in canada, if you want to get sick, go big (get really sick requiring doctors and hospital which are basically free) or go home. Preventative healthcare (in diet and medical service) is not encouraged.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 10-06-2023 at 05:52 PM.

Any forms of money which is not liquid, high premiums, transactions fee higher than most can afford, the digits are not money anymore but tokens which expired, losing values and high volatile same like ****coins. All business will fail with unpredictable and unable to hold values for the middlemen when the flat cartel need to create incentive to think "digits" have values so that people think that the interest rate could generate "additional" values. In fact the spiral is negative and all digits at risk of losing trust and values.

The game is over when fiat cartel unable to print more digits out of thin air is like stop supply drug addicts with drugs and they show desperate reactions the same as those who are MK Ultra. They are being fooled by the same control they fool others and think the digits they created are real.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

1886 mintage is in the middle of the pack, relatively speaking, 984 875. Yes, not rare.
    I do hope it's would be MS60 or better, so the suspense has not ended yet.
    back to topic.

i find it's tough to grade gold coin, especially pre 1900's
    soft metal make it hard differentiate wear vs compression, and stamping detail of coin is not consistent.
    I gave it a MS60, far lower than the MS64 that was written on the 2x2 flip.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 10-07-2023 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEater View Post
    Any forms of money which is not liquid, high premiums, transactions fee higher than most can afford, the digits are not money anymore but tokens which expired, losing values and high volatile same like ****coins. All business will fail with unpredictable and unable to hold values for the middlemen when the flat cartel need to create incentive to think "digits" have values so that people think that the interest rate could generate "additional" values. In fact the spiral is negative and all digits at risk of losing trust and values.

The game is over when fiat cartel unable to print more digits out of thin air is like stop supply drug addicts with drugs and they show desperate reactions the same as those who are MK Ultra. They are being fooled by the same control they fool others and think the digits they created are real.
    the fiat ponzi is 52 years old and no longer effective due to unmanageable debt. A new ponzi scheme is needed to replace the defunct fiat system. CBDC will come.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    lol, you got me work up on canadian protectionism and inconsistent policy.

- Our cheese, milk and butter cost more in canada compared to US so to protect a few dairy farmers in Ontario and Quebec.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/9449336/u...ca-trade-deal/
    - Grocery are GST free except for roast nuts, rotisserie chicken because our gov't treat roasted nuts and chicken as sin food like alcohol and cigs. Meanwhile, corn/potato chips, candy bars, donuts, pastry goods, soda pop, bacon, breakfast cereal, frozen pizza/french fries/taco/tv dinner are tax exempt.

- Prescription drugs (which can be addictive) are tax exempted but if you want to save healthcare cost with vitamins and off the counter medicines to treat coughs, cold, fever, dry/itchy eyes, bandages, they are fully taxed.

So in canada, if you want to get sick, go big (get really sick requiring doctors and hospital which are basically free) or go home. Preventative healthcare (in diet and medical service) is not encouraged.
    Government never is logical. More government is even more illogical. This is a universal truth.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble