Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: Anybody stacking Jefferson Nickels?

I think it was at least 2 years ago, maybe three when nickels were that high. Nickel and copper are both in the dumps. It seems zinc is creeping up. At the rate we're going, the zincoln penny is going to cost more than face value soon, but nickels may not get there at the same time.

Eventually, this will fix itself. But I think it is even further away now. If only copper rounds would get cheaper...still hanging at $1 each.

Quote Originally Posted by suemarkp View Post
    I think it was at least 2 years ago, maybe three when nickels were that high. Nickel and copper are both in the dumps. It seems zinc is creeping up. At the rate we're going, the zincoln penny is going to cost more than face value soon, but nickels may not get there at the same time.

Eventually, this will fix itself. But I think it is even further away now. If only copper rounds would get cheaper...still hanging at $1 each.
    but copper rounds are not the way to store copper, very high price buck per ounce... i like free,... pre 83 pennies, some 1982 are copper and some are not....as you know of course..

anyway

bricks of copper are fun to play with

Just checked coinflation. The zinc penny is now worth more (percentage wise) than nickels. Zincolns are 60.7% of face, nickels are 59.4%. Pre-82 pennies are 140% face value.

been thinking of selling to pay my property taxes, i think i may just cash in some of the nickels i have been holding onto instead of my real precious metals. i will get $200 a box from the bank which is just what i paid for them years ago. seems like a much better idea then selling any platinum, gold or silver. there hasn't been any recent discussions on the forums about saving nickels or copper pennies. is anyone else still holding nickels for the reasons once discussed on these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    been thinking of selling to pay my property taxes, i think i may just cash in some of the nickels i have been holding onto instead of my real precious metals. i will get $200 a box from the bank which is just what i paid for them years ago. seems like a much better idea then selling any platinum, gold or silver. there hasn't been any recent discussions on the forums about saving nickels or copper pennies. is anyone else still holding nickels for the reasons once discussed on these threads?
    I still have all my nickels and copper pennies. I add to my stack on a periodic basis.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789