Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK to force people to pay into retirement accounts

Default UK to force people to pay into retirement accounts

This forced saving scheme benefits bankers because they want to get their hands on your money and scam you out of it. Any scheme designed to put a barrier between you and your money with bankers\govt as the custodian of those funds is a scam.

It's also proof that social security is a ponzi scheme and you are paying into it only to NOT receive your dues. Hence the continual need for these new retirement schemes and scams.

You will pay thrice for your own retirement. Once into the SS ponzi scheme, once into gold plated govt pensions so govt workers can retire high on the hog and finally for your own retirement.

With vast numbers of fools having voted banker lackeys obama-romney, it's easy for bankers to enact all kinds of laws to rob the productive of ever more of their hard earned money.

Keep voting obama-romney you suckers!!!!

At the risk of being picky, workers can opt out if they want to. So nobody is forced to pay in if they don't want to.

The change is that you will be enrolled in a company pension scheme unless you say you don't want to be, rather than having to opt in as at present.

But never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

From my point of view a company pension scheme is a no-brainer. For every 5 I pay in, my employer pays in over 6. It's free money. Even if the pension scheme's rubbish, I still make money out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ectophile View Post
    At the risk of being picky, workers can opt out if they want to. So nobody is forced to pay in if they don't want to.

The change is that you will be enrolled in a company pension scheme unless you say you don't want to be, rather than having to opt in as at present.

From my point of view a company pension scheme is a no-brainer. For every 5 I pay in, my employer pays in over 6. It's free money. Even if the pension scheme's rubbish, I still make money out of it.
    Don't tell the truth here it is not accepted with good will. All they want is to see the total destruction of this country. They are traitors as far as I am concerned.

Get real.

This is just a step to forcing people to put money into this scam.

Employer contribution is a deduction from your paycheck. There ain't no free money (unless you're a banker or pensioned govt worker).

It's free money.
    No, no it's not...

what you have to remember is that in the uk you are going to be 70 years old+before you get youre cash.i would sooner have me dough now than wait till i am old and decrepit or even dead!just imagine how many folks die before their pension(like my own father).they can put their pensions where the sun dont shine.people are more than capable of preparing for their future,instead of relying on thieving untrustworthy greedy,money grabbing bureaucrats,who would sell their own granny if it makes them money!
    to the mind that is stilled ,the universe surrenders.

Is this anything like Social Security in the US?
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Don't you have to opt out every 3 months or else you are automatically enrolled?
    "Give a man a gun and he can rob a Bank, give a man a Bank and he can rob the world."

Any information or chart annotations that I provide are for speculation and not to be taken as Financial Advice. I post such speculation to express ideas, theories and provoke discussion, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    Is this anything like Social Security in the US?
    SS already exist in the UK. But since that is a ponzi scheme as it is in America that's destined to collapse, the govt wants to make people working in the private sector save for their own retirement while still paying into the SS ponzi.

Eventually those who do save will be deemed rich enough and not eligible to receive SS.

Eventually it will be a forced onto the people with no opt-out at the behest of bankers who want to get their hands on your money. If they happen to lose it gambling in the stock market, just holler for a bailout and money printing and guess what - YOU pay for it.

So count the number of time you pay for your own retirement:
    1) into the SS ponzi
    2) into a govt workers pension
    3) into this forced savings scam
    4) into bailouts & money printing to bailout your own savings
    5) into the banking "industry's" salary & bonuses

I got a better idea. Put your money into gold coin and keep it out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Change View Post
    No, no it's not...
    It's free for me. Obviously, it's not free for my employer.

I have two choices.
    1. I can opt out of the company pension. I can then invest my money however I want, but my employer contributes nothing.
    2. I can opt in to the pension. My employer deducts my contribution from my salary, but also more than matches it with their own money. And they pay the pension scheme's charges.

As I said before, even if the pension scheme's not much good, I am still much better off joining it. If I invest in anything else, I need to get twice the growth by the time I retire.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast