Thread: Rolling Jubilee

Default Rolling Jubilee

Gonna look into it more, I may donate.

google rolling jubilee

"...a bail-out of the people, by the people..."

The Rolling Jubilee project is seeking donations to help it buy-up distressed debts, including student loans and outstanding medical bills, and then wipe the slate clean by writing them off.

Individuals or companies can buy distressed debt from lenders at knock-down prices if it the borrower is in default or behind with payments and are then free to do with it as they see fit, including cancelling it free of charge.

As a test run the group spent $500 on distressed debt, buying $14,000 worth of outstanding loans and pardoning the debtors. They are now looking to expand their experiment nationwide and are asking people to donate money to the cause.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...bolish-it.html

Last edited by Autalkin2me; 11-10-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Default Medical

I like the idea if it was only for medical bills. Housing and student loans are the product of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by astraflyr View Post
    I like the idea if it was only for medical bills. Housing and student loans are the product of choice.
    Exactly. Think I should go to medical school and buy a house I can't afford? It wouldn't be much of a choice if I didn't have to pay for it.

Default Interesting Times

Ancient concept might work.

Keeping the banks propped up is expensive and taxing our future prosperity.

There is another path (Jubilee).
    Buy Gold and Silver, then wait.
    Gold, Silver: Beautiful Insurance in Ugly Situations
    Monetary triangle: U-Unit of Account, W-Store of Wealth, M-Medium of Exchange.
    PMs are unencumbered tangible fungible fractionable portable durable liquid insurance...without counter party risk; elementary, "Internet Safe" w/o tech issues.
    Silver cheaper than Gold, both precious !!
    Gold and Silver are elemental with no man-in-the-middle.