Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The economy is getting weaker ?

Default The economy is getting weaker ?

Looks like everyone may be buying pizza now it's only a 1.50 -1.75 a slice

McDonald's same-store sales fall, first time in 9 years

McDonald's Corp <MCD.N> on Thursday reported a 1.8 percent drop in October sales at established restaurants around the world, its first monthly sales fall since March 2003, hurt by stiff competition in a weak economy.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49741616

I enjoyed a nice tall latte and slice of pizza at a cozy little bakery and coffee shop yesterday. Pizza $3.75 a slice (fresh baked and outrageously delicious), coffee 2 seventy something. Just gonna enjoy the little treats in life before everything goes belly up and they're just pleasant memories.

Read about the stock market tanking over lunch, too. Anybody actually believe that, the morning after the Spender-in-Chief is re-elected, the stock mmarket loses 300+ points? Yeah, they're worried about Europe, yup, ya betcha, uh huh... The MSM continues to cover for their boy in the White House while the fiscal sword dangles over our heads by the thinnest of short hairs.
    "Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy"
    --Olmstead v. U.S., 277 U.S. 438

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." --Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36 KJV)

Mcdonalds is another name for laxative. I dont let my kids eat that stuff anymore. In the past it is amazing how sick they got from it. A fresh pie from the local pizza shop and all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver and Gold View Post

McDonald's Corp <MCD.N> on Thursday reported a 1.8 percent drop in October sales at established restaurants around the world, its first monthly sales fall since March 2003, hurt by stiff competition in a weak economy.

Some might view that as a sign it is getting stronger. Stores like McDonald's and Wal-Mart and Autozone will benefit from recessions as consumers shift preferences to lower cost goods and services. Rather than shop for everything at expensive department stores and posh grocery stores, more people will go to Wal-Mart. Rather than eating out at casual restaurants, consumers will prefer fast casual or fast food. Rather than buying a new car, consumers will spend more money at auto repair stores to keep their old cars lasting longer.

It is no secret that McDonald's was a huge winning in the recession. They significantly out performed many other fast food retailers. Maybe the declining sales is now a sign that consumers are shifting their preferences back to pre-recession levels? Who knows, just a devil's advocate theory.
    The answers are in the data

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanferr View Post
    Some might view that as a sign it is getting stronger. Stores like McDonald's and Wal-Mart and Autozone will benefit from recessions as consumers shift preferences to lower cost goods and services. Rather than shop for everything at expensive department stores and posh grocery stores, more people will go to Wal-Mart. Rather than eating out at casual restaurants, consumers will prefer fast casual or fast food. Rather than buying a new car, consumers will spend more money at auto repair stores to keep their old cars lasting longer.

It is no secret that McDonald's was a huge winning in the recession. They significantly out performed many other fast food retailers. Maybe the declining sales is now a sign that consumers are shifting their preferences back to pre-recession levels? Who knows, just a devil's advocate theory.
    Or it could be a sign that people who use to eat at mcdonalds now can not because they are on food stamps.

Default I second that

Mcdonalds is another name for laxative. I dont let my kids eat that stuff anymore. In the past it is amazing how sick they got from it. A fresh pie from the local pizza shop and all is well.
    Maybe I am just a pansy, but every single time I eat that food, my stomach starts cramping and I need to "do the needful."

I am wondering if it is the sky high calories or fat content that does this...
    -- The golden rule: He who has the gold, rules

Quote Originally Posted by CashValueRecovery View Post
    Or it could be a sign that people who use to eat at mcdonalds now can not because they are on food stamps.
    Actually, we have cut out 90% of our time we used to eat out. I would imagine other people are doing the same.

Deflationary depression, we are in. This is not the recovery you are looking for...

Good luck with all those skittle producing Unicorns flying over a rainbow in white fluffy clouds. (PS: This is not directed at you CVR).

Sometime in the future, people will wake up and ponder WHAT WERE WE THINKING?

If you took all the "fluff" out of the economy, 75% of the people would be UNEMPLOYED.

Hang on folks, it's about to get really real. If you are unprepared for what is going to occur in the next couple of years, you will end up with a superstorm followed by a nor'easter, followed by an earthquake, followed by a tsunami, and so on and so on.
    Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 11-08-2012 at 12:02 PM.

I call gross ignorance of basic nutritional awareness on the above statement!

It's funny, you google the health benefits of McDonalds, versus pizza, and both are equal. Real interesting how your kids "get sick" over mcd yet you still let them eat pizza. The trans fats, cholesterols are way higher in 2 slices of large cheeze/sausage pizza than eating 2 big macs. ... But you won't say anything bad about the pizza, because pizza is not a "corporate" evil entity to be targeted.

Just what exactly was this sickness they got? Lethargy, feelings of slowness, eventual high cholesterol, etc? Funny how those are all symptoms of eating nothing but deli hoagies as well. Overeat too much of any one type of food, and you get problems. Just balance it out.... think about it, if you eat lots of sheep liver pies(like our like our forefathers from ireland did, eating everything edible from an animal, and you get serious problems as well.

It all boils down to an unbalanced diet. It you were to really go on about never eating "bad" foods, then you would never give your kids ice cream, cookies, treats, chips, etc. Just how intellectually honest are you about what you give your kids? And how intellectually honest about how it really made them feel, compared to similar amounts of other foods... like how do you think they would feel if you gave them nothing but avocados?..... Hey, they are naturally growing fruit.... never mind that if you left them on a diet of avocadoes for a month, they would be in a hospital with artery blockages from cholesterol and plaque...

Quote Originally Posted by CashValueRecovery View Post
    Not entirely true: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business...ood-stamp-act/

Hahahah

textbook example of marketing gone wrong....

dollar menu. give your head a shake
    Last edited by chinewalker; 11-08-2012 at 01:33 PM.
    A skeptic's work is never done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast