Thread: will Talk of a fiscal cliff be any help?

Default will Talk of a fiscal cliff be any help?

I was at work today and the teacher I work with was talking about debt to the students. These kids are in 6th-8th grade and were pretty into learning about this problem. I went on to show them The US Debt Clock. The teacher, who is 25 and has her masters, another teacher with 5 yrs teaching and two other class room aides, Didnt even know there was such a thing. The one lady said turn it off, We dont need to talk about that! I was like really?!?!? Isnt this more important then CC Debt? How many people in this country have no idea whats going on financially? I dont understand how 4 Educated adults dont have any idea about the problems we could be facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovensky3 View Post
    I was at work today and the teacher I work with was talking about debt to the students. These kids are in 6th-8th grade and were pretty into learning about this problem. I went on to show them The US Debt Clock. The teacher, who is 25 and has her masters, another teacher with 5 yrs teaching and two other class room aides, Didnt even know there was such a thing. The one lady said turn it off, We dont need to talk about that! I was like really?!?!? Isnt this more important then CC Debt? How many people in this country have no idea whats going on financially? I dont understand how 4 Educated adults dont have any idea about the problems we could be facing.
    No, i've left CNN on my TV for the past two days, and every time they address a "Financial Cliff" They're talking about the national debt.

That is an issue, but it is NOT *THE* issue.

Debasement of our currency is the problem, government spending is insane right now, but in comparison to the fact that our monetary base has tripled, it's nothing.

I view "mainstream" CNN type media with suspicion.

They pump banker propaganda and if I had to guess, all the chatter about fiscal cliff is setting things up for either massive tax hikes to pay banker bailouts or a crash.

Bernanke will definitely act like he had noting to do with any crash. If and when it comes he'll blame it on something else even though the great recession has his finger prints all over it.

Exactly. Most people donít know what the Federal Reserve is, the difference between deficit and debt, fractional reserve banking, etc. To be honest, I get real tired of hearing how we need to pay off the debt from people on the street. In my opinion, the fiscal cliff talk is preparation for a crash. The blame will be on an event like Greece or Israel attacking Iran or China dumping Treasuries or something like that. On the other hand, if the talk is preparation for tax increases, this will only be on the middle class and will push a vast majority of them into needing some form of government assistance. Those who manage to hang on will be wiped out by massive inflation.

you really need to be carefull lovensky3, you dont wanna lose your job for being too honest, if your in education and work for the govt, you have to pull their agenda right?

teach the kids pape $r is great , who cares, its not like you or me can change the country anyway, Ron Paul tried to change and show people the truth, did it get him far? NO
    "If Americans ever allow banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless"
    Thomas Jefferson

"the FED is a bank"

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared."
    Thomas Jefferson

"US debt is US$20Trillion" and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Lovensky3 View Post
    To understand why the one lady said to turn it off.

To solve the government debt, you need to cut government spending.

Teachers are government employees.

You can do the math here.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Smile The Natural Course

The natural course for all democracies is that the electorate votes for those promising and delivering the greatest publicly funded benefits. Government bennies for all!

We all look after our own self interest. For a politician, his self interest is to get reelected. To do that he has to vote for ever increasing benefits for the voters, and ever decreasing taxes. To fill the void, they borrow, every year, continually. Term limits might help, but do you really expect politicians to vote to limit their terms? It's not in their self interest!

Until they can't borrow any longer. That's where Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Spain and many other countries are--the US debt to GDP ratio is about the same as Greece's.

Before 2016 we will have a currency and economic collapse IMHO.

It is hopeless to stand in the way of the progressives. They will run over you on the way to the fiscal cliff. All you can do is make preparations; get ready and stand aside. Save yourselves and stop dreaming of government cures.

The normal thing is for democracies to devolve into dictatorships. Remember that Hitler was VOTED in, and people voted for his policies, until they no longer had elections.