Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Factual evidence to the true state of the economy

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdog View Post
    That is why it is important to develop green energy while we have the time, it does not matter which political spectrum you belong too it is still a smart thing to do.
    Not necessarily. Nothing has done more in recent history for the environment, US energy independence, jobs, and energy price reductions than nat gas. I find it ironic that people still bang the drums for green energy despite the fact that it took a fossil fuel that was developed by big oil companies to get the types of carbon reductions and domestic energy output that "green" energy and the government has been promising for the past 3 decades.
    The answers are in the data

the chart is for regular gas only...
    does not include plus or high test the way I read it
    seems odd but that is my take

why just a chart for regular?

does not take into account cars running on diesel
    or ethanol either. I would think that use has increased since the 80's

also cars running on regular today are getting better gas mileage than in the 80's or 90's

I suspect there are a lot more cars on the road today, now, than in the 80's as well.

the chart is also only for "retail sales by refiners"
    how do the wholesale sales come into play, and has the way refiners do business through either retail or wholesale changed over the years?

the point....the stats from the link may not mean as much as one might think

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdog View Post
    That is why it is important to develop green energy while we have the time, it does not matter which political spectrum you belong too it is still a smart thing to do.
    If the fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction were banned in order to save the planet, Reverse the Greenhouse Effect, and stop deforestatation, then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles, meet all the world's transpartation, industrial, and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil, and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time..... and that substance is the same one that has done it all before-Cannabis Hemp.....Marijuana!
    Last edited by Jamesbong; 10-12-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Check out the movement in the chart again. I'd say we are still heading down when it comes to an economic recovery. The numbers don't lie. Financially stable economies spend money on gasoline.

Answer: This isn't a stable economy.

This chart looked terrible when it showed a 33% drop in gasoline sales. It is at screaming 50%! This should be on the front page of every money magazine. It is that simple of a window to see what the state of the US economy is.

As your chart shows, the global economy is stalling and all the QE's have been unable to arrest the stall and soon the heavy dive as Europe and Japan have also lost all lift. The spin from financial talking heads has become ridiculously obvious as they are controlled by TPTB and they are worried that the proletariat will rise up and kill them hence the recent incessant push to disarm them. A significant contraction is near. Sell high and buy low.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    As your chart shows, the global economy is stalling and all the QE's have been unable to arrest the stall and soon the heavy dive as Europe and Japan have also lost all lift. The spin from financial talking heads has become ridiculously obvious as they are controlled by TPTB and they are worried that the proletariat will rise up and kill them hence the recent incessant push to disarm them. A significant contraction is near. Sell high and buy low.
    When the proletariat does rise up, the media should be the first hanged.

Default Reason

Quote Originally Posted by coloredcoat View Post
    Does anyone remember when this was posted a while back? I take this as evidence that the recession is still heading in the downward direction. Someone posted this when it was showing our usage of gasoline to be 30% lower and what a shock that was then. We are now using the same amount of gasoline as we did pre-1985. That's almost half as much as we used from 2000-2008. Half. Let this sink in.
    I attribute the drop in national gasoline usage to the new Prius I bought.

And the fact that my Shelby GT500 blew a rod through the pan.
    To Be, Do. Descarte
    To Do, Be. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbong View Post
    If the fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction were banned in order to save the planet, Reverse the Greenhouse Effect, and stop deforestatation, then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles, meet all the world's transpartation, industrial, and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil, and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time..... and that substance is the same one that has done it all before-Cannabis Hemp.....Marijuana!
    Don't forget its nutritional value. I eat hemp seed every day, it is PACKED with omega fatty acids, protein and fiber.

We need someone really smart like Borat Obama to take control of this mess that George Bush left us in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast