Page 947 of 963 FirstFirst ... 447847897937941942943944945946947948949950951952953957 ... LastLast
Results 9,461 to 9,470 of 9626

Thread: Latest score

no score but i did scratch the itch with 2 x scottsdale kilo stacker bars off ebay. i used paypal credit for 6 months same as cash. i am betting on the bird in the hand growing lots of feathers in the next 6 months to use on a gsr swap possibly. I have a much better score coming up by end of week I think.

Paid $134 for this.

Pretty sweet grab as the Napoleon 5 franc was on my bucket list.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

https://youtu.be/5ZCAOjy0NCk

Look what came today

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces28311.html

3 1972 proof sets Jamaica. 3.75 troy ounces of silver for $90.50. Mintage 21,000.

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Paid $134 for this.

Pretty sweet grab as the Napoleon 5 franc was on my bucket list.
    hi, of all the french silver 5 francs, the 1811 A has been a record issue, 31 041 384 pieces were coined, the next highest is 1873 A 27 192 181 pcs.

Would be nice to trace from where these enormous amounts came in that year....

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    hi, of all the french silver 5 francs, the 1811 A has been a record issue, 31 041 384 pieces were coined, the next highest is 1873 A 27 192 181 pcs.

Golditiki2+++
    Just speculation, but The War of 1812 was in the future and France was fairly reliable help to the newly established USA. Could it have been silver from the western US as payment for arms?
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post

Golditiki2+++
    Despite being so highly minted, they somehow manage to have a pretty high premium over spot. The 1873 A can be had under melt... I've done it a time or two.

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Just speculation, but The War of 1812 was in the future and France was fairly reliable help to the newly established USA. Could it have been silver from the western US as payment for arms?
    in which year did dt US buy the " Louisiana" i.e. the stretch of mid now adays US from canada to mexiacan gulf from france? it was during Napoleons' time, that i know, but i do not know what were the exact terms and when that "sale" happened.

Golditiki2+++

Despite being so highly minted, they somehow manage to have a pretty high premium over spot. The 1873 A can be had under melt... I've done it a time or two.
    hi, yeah, reality is a funny truth, There is no obvious reason why a huge coinage is more expensive. Probally a lot of them got melted.
    The highest silvercoinages happened during and after the first WW
    The one francs " semeuse" 1916 was coined 92 029 179 pieces !!! a gigantic number.

I observe that huge amounts of silvercoins were issued in the allied countries as well in the bleakest years of the first as the second WW. Good money has a powerful propaganda value.

Golditiki2+++

https://youtu.be/5ZCAOjy0NCk

Look what came today
    the 1845 W is Lille ( big town in Northern France ) quite a big coinage over 11 million, but there are several coinages of that size.

It was interesting to hear that these five whatevers were legal tender in the uS at one period. It was easy to calculate the silvervalue, On kilogram of coins contained 40 coins and represented 900 grams of pure silver, I haven't yet calculated why they were at 92 US doollar cents, but will do.

Ps british shopowners weighed the coppercoinage they received instead of calculating the amount, They had special scales...i have seen them.

Weighing was easier than calculating....

Golditiki2+++

, .