Page 942 of 963 FirstFirst ... 442842892932936937938939940941942943944945946947948952 ... LastLast
Results 9,411 to 9,420 of 9625

Thread: Latest score

$100 face in halfs at 18 x face. same guy i got the dimes and quarters from at 17 x face last month. $2.13 over todays melt per $1 face but halfs seem to command a bit more than the dimes and quarters and he is dumping his lower end stuff first. i got my eye on the peace dollars and ASE's next. if/when it is time for him to sell away from AG to buy more AU before the inevitable upward price movement. I am gambling that silver will go back up again instead of dropping down to $15/ozt. spot.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    $100 face in halfs at 18 x face. same guy i got the dimes and quarters from at 17 x face last month. $2.13 over todays melt per $1 face but halfs seem to command a bit more than the dimes and quarters and he is dumping his lower end stuff first. i got my eye on the peace dollars and ASE's next. if/when it is time for him to sell away from AG to buy more AU before the inevitable upward price movement. I am gambling that silver will go back up again instead of dropping down to $15/ozt. spot.
    my lcs had jacked up premium on US junk from 0 to 5%
    still got some franklins, mercurys and quarters.
    Cdn junks still spot + GST

$158.09 shipped. $20 face 67-68 Canadian ten and 25 cent coins. Considering doing a specific gravity on the mackerels and bobcats.

What do you guys think? Under melt either way.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Ag guy View Post
    Welp, I've gone and done it....NOW 400 EXK $5 call contracts, exp Jan 19th 2024. (Average .525) $21K invested. Currently $7,800 in the hole. WHAT WILL THE YEAR BRING ?? Will silver break out this year?

Ag guy
    Just averaged down with another 150 contracts...NOW 550 contracts @ (average of .464) $25,500 invested...getting scary. (I have been known to hate myself on occasion)

Ag guy
    Last edited by Ag guy; 02-10-2023 at 12:08 PM.
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Cool

Do you guys of you and gals clean your non-numi coins? I clean all mine with Tarn-x. I'm kind of a cleanness freak and I like shiny. But, I'm just a fussy old man.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 02-10-2023 at 04:08 PM.
    Stacking since the late 1970's

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Do you guys of you and gals clean your non-numi coins? I clean all mine with Tarn-x. I'm kind of a cleanness freak and I like shiny. But, I'm just a fussy old man.
    Last month I bought $300 face at 17xface and much of it was dirty dimes and quarters.
    YES. I cleaned it in boiling water with vinegar and baking soda and a little dish detergent.
    No scrubbing involved but any of the nastiness coating was removed.

The $100 face halfs I got today at 18xface look much cleaner and I do not think I need to clean them. These were actually some of what I sold to a friend about 6 years ago at 13xface so he was happy and so am I.

I cleaned a 1928 sucre with dish soap and water no scrubbing. It had copper corrosion on it. Currently soaking a 1925 Netherlands 25 cent, and an Angola 10 and 20 escudos in the same vat.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/5HUCNkfclHo?feature=share

The other three coins are not coming clean so well.

Any suggestions?

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    I cleaned a 1928 sucre with dish soap and water no scrubbing. It had copper corrosion on it. Currently soaking a 1925 Netherlands 25 cent, and an Angola 10 and 20 escudos in the same vat.

Any suggestions?
    I have been somewhat successful using some crumpled aluminum foil as an attractant of the oxidation, corrosion, etc on silver coins where there seems to be a form of a transfer of the unwanted from the coin onto the aluminum foil. place it in a solution of vinegar and baking soda. i have also read where a little salt added would help and possibly low boiling to enhance the process.

i will be cleaning some of the 90% i got yesterday this way today.

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post

Any suggestions?
    Yup and I've tried them all. Years of using Tarn-x has worked the best for me. Cleans and restores silver to shinny!
    Stacking since the late 1970's

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Yup and I've tried them all. Years of using Tarn-x has worked the best for me. Cleans and restores silver to shinny!
    I'd rather not destroy the surfaces if possible.