Page 912 of 965 FirstFirst ... 412812862902906907908909910911912913914915916917918922962 ... LastLast
Results 9,111 to 9,120 of 9649

Thread: Latest score

Look what came!!
    https://youtu.be/KIFkxNYWh7k
    Last edited by windweaver77; 02-10-2022 at 12:13 AM.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

picked up another $45 face value, mixed halfs, and quarters. 18 x face. Melt at time is about $17.20 per $1 face. quoted 18 x face yesterday. got there late today after ag went up about sixty cents and lcs honored yesterdays quoted pricing. 5% premium at lcs. best deal around currently. last coin show the least i could find was 21 x face so i walked with my frns in pocket and no shiney.
    Last edited by maxwellsilverhammer; 02-12-2022 at 12:59 PM.

Four 10 ounce Highland Mint bars arrived in the mail today.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    picked up another $45 face value, mixed halfs, and quarters. 18 x face. Melt at time is about $17.20 per $1 face. quoted 18 x face yesterday. got there late today after ag went up about sixty cents and lcs honored yesterdays quoted pricing. 5% premium at lcs. best deal around currently. last coin show the least i could find was 21 x face.
    I guess I need to start asking more for my cull 90% Standing Liberty quarters. I sold a little over $40 face plus a couple ounces of sterling for about $800.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    I guess I need to start asking more for my cull 90% Standing Liberty quarters. I sold a little over $40 face plus a couple ounces of sterling for about $800.
    Four 10 ounce Highland Mint bars arrived in the mail today.
    never hurt to upgrade one's stack

you probably did fine on those standing libs as they were probably very well worn. cull to me means barely legible dates if readable at all. deduct about $50 for the sterling and you got better than 18 x face for the cull quarters. the coin show tables were at 20/21/22 times face on their bags of regular EF40 grade junk but they were not selling. I walked out without purchasing anything for the first time ever at that coin show.

the last 2 purchases i made at my lcs at 18 x face were nearly all halfs and very nice ones at that. mostly kennedys with a good mix of franklins. only 1 quarter standing lib was what i would consider cull.

so, i think you did well with your sale. get rid of the cull and get some new .999 if the cost was good. just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    you probably did fine on those standing libs as they were probably very well worn. cull to me means barely legible dates if readable at all. deduct about $50 for the sterling and you got better than 18 x face for the cull quarters. the coin show tables were at 20/21/22 times face on their bags of regular EF40 grade junk but they were not selling. I walked out without purchasing anything for the first time ever at that coin show.

the last 2 purchases i made at my lcs at 18 x face were nearly all halfs and very nice ones at that. mostly kennedys with a good mix of franklins. only 1 quarter standing lib was what i would consider cull.

so, i think you did well with your sale. get rid of the cull and get some new .999 if the cost was good. just fine.
    MSH, they were C U L L, as in few with even partial dates and most with no date at all and all were well worn. SL quarters suck for being full date coins, but these were well well worn. So I thought I did well since one other dealer offered me only $500. Of course, I came home with no cash in my pocket, but I did have a 100 ounce Ag bar ($2,500) to show for it and that cleaned me out.

So I've got a larger pill bottle with even more S.L. cull quarters ($50+ face) and a matching bottle of cull mercury dimes that might go with me when the next show happens. A good run up to $30 (on April 14th) will help me convert them into fiat or ??????? Plus whatever winnings for that correctly guessing the future Ag price thread. I'll need to win that just to cover my gasoline bill for a four hour round trip to Albany.

Other than a few cull (holed or beater) Washington quarters that will clean me out. I doubt if I get a good price for those G.W. quarters, but I'm running out of constitutional silver. For now I'm keeping my '64 Kennedy halves. I got rid of my 40% Kennedy halves first late last year. The US junk silver price has gone through the roof and I'm willing to convert to .999 while it remains high.

Default I was doing so well this week til I decided to get a BU walking liberty

One step forward two step back.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post

One step forward two step back.
    CAD or USD?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    CAD or USD?
    USD

All in USD.

In other news I grabbed this proof mint set with a mintage of 7500 for $43 and the melt value is over $38.

Also in USD.