Page 909 of 963 FirstFirst ... 409809859899903904905906907908909910911912913914915919959 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,090 of 9626

Thread: Latest score

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    i was surprised at lcs to pay 18xface on 160 mixed halfs today, with melt value at $17.60 x face.
    only a .023 premium
    that isn't bad at all, especially now adays. Any slicks?
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    that isn't bad at all, especially now adays. Any slicks?
    oh no, no slicks. great looking kennedys very little wear if any on those, average to very good franklins with little wear except at the high areas that would wear down first. one walker that is quite worn. the lcs original owner - oldest of 3 generations there, always does the final sorting of barbers so none of those in this batch.

they had a bin of mixed dimes and a bin of mixed quarters, and i was tempted to go back with more cash and get them all but decided to pass since there is a major coin show next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    i was surprised at lcs to pay 18xface on 160 mixed halfs today, with melt value at $17.60 x face.
    only a .023 premium
    Very good deal these days. Grabbing silver right now at low premium is a task. Premiums are higher than I like to pay normally, but not getting better.

Maybe I should dig out my extra large pill bottles full of cull standing liberty quarters and see if I can get spot or more for them at the next coin show. A couple of months ago I got a very good price on of some 40% Kennedy halves doing a swap at a coin show while tagging along with bronkster1967. Perhaps due to doing a swap plus cash for gold. But we both were somewhat shocked that I could put that deal together. I'd like to reduce volume and improve trade ability converting to 0.999 bars or maybe even gold.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    Very good deal these days. Grabbing silver right now at low premium is a task. Premiums are higher than I like to pay normally, but not getting better.

Maybe I should dig out my extra large pill bottles full of cull standing liberty quarters and see if I can get spot or more for them at the next coin show. A couple of months ago I got a very good price on of some 40% Kennedy halves doing a swap at a coin show while tagging along with bronkster1967. Perhaps due to doing a swap plus cash for gold. But we both were somewhat shocked that I could put that deal together. I'd like to reduce volume and improve trade ability converting to 0.999 bars or maybe even gold.
    I wager that was a fun outing.

If I had some time off respiratory care work ( not likely any time soon) that could be a fun holiday.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Apparently, my inability to navigate the response buttons is forcing me to use the @ key so you can know who I'm responding to...

@LongDonSilver: That is a really good deal, considering the outrageous silver premiums nowadays. And that's the thing, they just don't seem to be getting any better, like many people expected it to do.

That's probably also a good idea- bringing those cull Standing Libs and upgrading to better stuff that you do actually want. I know I would, too. I was definitely surprised along with you when we attended that coin show. As I do from time to time, IMO it makes sense to go through and "cull out" the stack- go through an inventory and decide if you can or want to consolidate and/or upgrade into even better stuff. It always seems to pay off in the end for me, anyway.

It's also fun being able to chat with a fellow stacker and also enjoy some of the best Polish food available in the area, even though we both have a decent ride to get there. I can't stress often enough though, that going to a coin show where there are enough vendors (coin dealers) to create a reasonable amount of competition (read: lower prices) often benefits the buyer, whether "trading" off part of a stack into a better stack and also adding some cash to get a deal done OR just finding better deals than you can legitimately find online. Your point about increasing tradeability/recognizability is one that many stackers should pay heed to.
    Last edited by bronkster1967; 01-23-2022 at 02:38 PM.

@ windweaver77: It most definitely was a fun outing! It's not the first time that LongDonSilver and I have met up at that coin show, either. I can honestly say that it's always fun and entertaining and we both always leave happy since we've usually done a good job in securing more PM's for our respective stacks. We're both people persons also and would always welcome anyone who wanted to join in and meet there. The more the merrier I always say!

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    @ windweaver77: It most definitely was a fun outing! It's not the first time that LongDonSilver and I have met up at that coin show, either. I can honestly say that it's always fun and entertaining and we both always leave happy since we've usually done a good job in securing more PM's for our respective stacks. We're both people persons also and would always welcome anyone who wanted to join in and meet there. The more the merrier I always say!
    Keep me posted on when and where we'll get the band together.

@windweaver77: The next coin show is Sunday, February 6th at the Polish Community Center Albany, NY and then March 6th after that. This year, it'll run pretty much every month of the

year except for July and August...

If covid-19 calms down I might get some time off. Are there any crazy rules in your neck of the woods regarding purchasing pms? Here in Illinois tax-free.