Page 904 of 963 FirstFirst ... 404804854894898899900901902903904905906907908909910914954 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 9626

Thread: Latest score

Just got confirmation that this is likely a CCC

Which i believe means Contemporary Counterfeit coin.
    https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...age=2&#3537729

The valuation is a bit more than I paid. So I won't return it.

I may have to see about selling the it though haha or maybe a trade
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Hey Windweaver,

Sorry it took so long to put my 2 cents in Re: this coin, but my opinion also would have been that it's a "white metal" counterfeit. Probably Chinese or Russian/Eastern European in origin. I'm basing my opinion on having handled many, many hundreds of 1,000's foreign as well as domestic coins and having seen my share of similar coins. I don't go into the detail that a couple of the guys there do as their knowledge base is definitely rooted much deeper specifically towards that coin type, but partially judging from the crudeness of the edge/rim and the coloring seems just off enough for me to question it's authenticity. As you've found out, apparently there's a market for these fakes, as long as someone isn't selling them as authentic. The ones I've encountered, I've "taken off the market", so that unsuspecting (and unknowing) buyers don't get taken. I've especially done this with the silver dollar sized Chinese "fantasy" coins- many of which are magnetic, some of which are not. Interestingly enough, there have been enough coins made from this "white metal" alloy and it's surprising that thus far, it hasn't really been determined what the actual name of this metal is. We know it's not silver, gold, nickel, aluminum or steel. Most collectors just refer to it as "white metal".

The color is off, too white to be silver. Silver tarnishes differently, that and the edges lack refinement especiallly on the sunburst details. If you find a dealer with a scanner let us know what the exact alloy is.

Another look at your photos and I want to say the metal is actually too gray. It looks to me that areas of high wear are more gray and the white parts are "tarnish". The opposite of silver how silver coin metal reacts to environments.

Well, the swamperbob guy said it was likely " white metal" and it is kinda green on the rims. He does seem to believe it is an old fake though. Ugh... what to do what to do

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

In England and alloy of silver less than sterling (92.5%) can not be sold as silver. So the term white metal is used for coin silver or less. However, white metal elsewhere could be anything from a zinc alloy to a white brass such as nickel-silver (AKA German silver). All of which contain zero silver.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Just grabbed this for $11.94 $hipped.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces68742.html

Not sure it is a score... but I certainly think I did ok. Got the mint set for under $2

Just bought these for $95 shipped how did I do?

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...s-l1600-66.jpg

Also found 10 oz silver bars from IGR, Istanbul Gold Refinery at a similar price.

IGR vs Ital Preziosi bars.- Any opinions on is either will get more (or be easier to unload) shall time come to sell? (I may bet more).
    Last edited by motocat; 12-09-2021 at 01:36 PM.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)