Page 866 of 963 FirstFirst ... 366766816856860861862863864865866867868869870871872876916 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,660 of 9626

Thread: Latest score

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    The Queen's Beast 2 ozers are the one series of coins I have collected, all at relatively normal premiums when they came out. Bought a whole bunch of Unicorns at a very good deal (maybe $1 over) to share with my family, nieces and nephews. I did not know they would go up so much in value, and I'm pretty sure the gift receivers don't know either, probably most of them have already been lost.
    Yeah, I think I had picked up the ones I have at about $5 over spot (at the time of each purchase). Now it seems that their popularity hasn't waned and they're commanding relatively high premiums for at least some of the back dates. Sorry to hear that your giftees may have lost them. Whenever I give coins or bullion as a present (basically every Christmas- I give silver and gold American Eagles), I make sure to stress that they shouldn't buy bubble gum or toys with them. I do say it half jokingly but with seriousness in my voice so that they understand to NOT go with the face value on each coin. Every year I explain that the metals contained within are worth much more than their stated fiat values.

https://youtu.be/olOAMWxWuW8

The kitco kitty rides again.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

https://youtu.be/hZJL8pXKPEA

Look what came in the mail!!!
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    https://youtu.be/hZJL8pXKPEA

Look what came in the mail!!!
    You picked up some nice ones there. I love the older stuff especially like the 1863 Italian 2 Lire and I've always been a fan of those WWII era French coins. Even have a few myself!

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I just got a text from Provident offering 2021 1 ounce silver South African Krugerrands for $4.99 over spot in any quantity (while supplies last, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    I don't know if anyone is interested, but I just got a text from Provident offering 2021 1 ounce silver South African Krugerrands for $4.99 over spot in any quantity (while supplies last, of course)
    Bronkster, don't forget your NY state law regarding buying S.African PM.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    Bronkster, don't forget your NY state law regarding buying S.African PM.
    Thanks, LongDon. Yeah, I personally wasn't going to bite, but just in case anyone else wanted some, I figured I'd just throw it out there. And yet another outdated and unnecessary NYS law which hurts citizens. On another note, here's hoping that King Cuomo (the arrogant, egotistical thug murderer with a pen) finally gets his just desserts for mandating that nursing homes accept known Covid-19 patients.
    Subjecting our seniors,(the MOST vulnerable of all- many of whom have/had serious medical issues) to live and die without ever being able to have their families even see them at the end. Then has the unmitigated gall to go on a book tour boasting about what a great job he did. He then lied about and under-reported the actual number of nursing home deaths in NYS. And he wins an Emmy? WTF? Unbelievable! Latest word I've heard is that even his own party is calling for him to step down as Governor. That, if it ever does occur, would be one of the very best things to happen to NYS in a long time.

$5 over spot still seems rather high to me. I only bite at such coins when under $3 spot. See https://gold-forum.kitco.com/newrepl...eply&p=2734474

Such deals do come about, most recently I obtain Philharmonics for under $3. The various mints of all PM's must be doing really well now given the high premiums. Unless they are not getting their bulk PM's at near spot as they once could. Which would mean trouble. Are we there yet?
    Last edited by motocat; 02-17-2021 at 04:55 PM.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    $5 over spot still seems rather high to me. I only bite at such coins when under $3 spot. See https://gold-forum.kitco.com/newrepl...eply&p=2734474

Such deals do come about, most recently I obtain Philharmonics for under $3. The various mints of all PM's must be doing really well now given the high premiums. Unless they are not getting their bulk PM's at near spot as they once could. Which would mean trouble. Are we there yet?
    Yup. It's too high for me also, but once in awhile I like to alert others here if it's something they'd be interested in. Plus, I live in New York, so it's kind of a no-no regarding Krugerrands.

I wonder if those aforementioned mints actually are doing as well as the resellers that are adding on such large premiums. Like in the case of the U.S. Mint- don't they generally charge about $2 per unit when selling them to the authorized bullion dealers (of which there are not that many)? It's the resellers of said bullion that's getting the higher prices, right? And I don't know how much other official government mints charge (over spot prices) when they add on a premium to the big guys (authorized sellers) who then in turn add a little or a lot more, but just guessing that it'd probably be in the same neighborhood.

Yup. It's too high for me also, but once in awhile I like to alert others here if it's something they'd be interested in. Plus, I live in New York, so it's kind of a no-no regarding Krugerrands.

I wonder if those aforementioned mints actually are doing as well as the resellers that are adding on such large premiums. Like in the case of the U.S. Mint- don't they generally charge about $2 per unit when selling them to the authorized bullion dealers (of which there are not that many)? It's the resellers of said bullion that's getting the higher prices, right? And I don't know how much other official government mints charge (over spot prices) when they add on a premium to the big guys (authorized sellers) who then in turn add a little or a lot more, but just guessing that it'd probably be in the same neighborhood.
    You can tell if the dealers are doing it or if it's the middlemen by looking at the buy-back prices. If a dealer is buying back at over spot then they are getting hosed by the middlemen too.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.