Page 858 of 963 FirstFirst ... 358758808848852853854855856857858859860861862863864868908958 ... LastLast
Results 8,571 to 8,580 of 9626

Thread: Latest score

I broke down this weekend and ordered 100 1 oz Provident Old Prospector rounds. Broke my own rule and paid $0.10 more each over an even more generic round. But I figured with China Joe taking over Ag will be heading up and soon eat the $10 extra it cost me.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    I remembered to like this one. Ha ha! I really like the mix of older foreign coins you showed there, but I love the old British silver medallion of Queen Vicky!
    There is a larger variety... haven't found one of those near melt yet. The crazy part is, these were sold at the proceedings of the diamond jubilee. They shouldn't be easy to find at all. Should be cherished family heirlooms, with stories.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    There is a larger variety... haven't found one of those near melt yet. The crazy part is, these were sold at the proceedings of the diamond jubilee. They shouldn't be easy to find at all. Should be cherished family heirlooms, with stories.
    Yeah, we'll probably see one of them show up sometime on the British Antiques Roadshow or something.

Yeah, we'll probably see one of them show up sometime on the British Antiques Roadshow or something.
    I hope to land one it is on " my list."

Oops I did it again!!!

https://youtu.be/eeoPUBeYedQ
    Last edited by windweaver77; 01-22-2021 at 12:37 AM.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

I hope to land one it is on " my list."

Oops I did it again!!!

https://youtu.be/eeoPUBeYedQ
    Ha! Hey, thanks for the shout out on the "Tube". Another great video- fun and informative. The proof 1985 Australian $10 coin with Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria appeared to be a 150th year commemorative of the ascension of Queen Victoria to the throne- sesquicentennial, I believe it's called. What I don't understand is, I thought her reign began in 1837 and then subsequently ran till 1901 (when she died). The NGC world coin price guide calls it the 150th Anniversary of the "State of Victoria". Perhaps one of our British colleagues can shed some light on this. You got such a deal on that 1840 Indian rupee with the young head Queen Victoria- the one that has like 25 different varieties (wow). It's in great condition, super clean and almost NO wear on it (it's always hard to grade from pics and videos, as you well know). I think you got it for much less than half of what it should have cost- especially if it's one of those that has mintages in only the tens of thousands. That is nothing for a coin meant for circulation. And you're right- it IS interesting how all of the British territories many times slightly altered the queens effigy on their particular coins, presumably to suit their citizens tastes. All in all, another enjoyable video!

Ha! Hey, thanks for the shout out on the "Tube". Another great video- fun and informative. The proof 1985 Australian $10 coin with Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria appeared to be a 150th year commemorative of the ascension of Queen Victoria to the throne- sesquicentennial, I believe it's called. What I don't understand is, I thought her reign began in 1837 and then subsequently ran till 1901 (when she died). The NGC world coin price guide calls it the 150th Anniversary of the "State of Victoria". Perhaps one of our British colleagues can shed some light on this. You got such a deal on that 1840 Indian rupee with the young head Queen Victoria- the one that has like 25 different varieties (wow). It's in great condition, super clean and almost NO wear on it (it's always hard to grade from pics and videos, as you well know). I think you got it for much less than half of what it should have cost- especially if it's one of those that has mintages in only the tens of thousands. That is nothing for a coin meant for circulation. And you're right- it IS interesting how all of the British territories many times slightly altered the queens effigy on their particular coins, presumably to suit their citizens tastes. All in all, another enjoyable video!
    I found the answer. Victoria is a province in Australia.

I found the answer. Victoria is a province in Australia.
    I can't believe that I hadn't thought of that. You're absolutely right. And because it was after 3 in the morning when I watched it, I "remembered", totally incorrectly that is, that Queen Victoria was on the coin. It is only that the name "Victoria" that stuck out in my early morning mush mind. Good catch!

Sometimes the information is right before me, yet I still fail to put 2 and 2 together...

I adore the coins windweaver presents, but think it is quite difficult when the coins are moving to appreciate them really, Should try to find a method put them on a stand at the right distance and angle Moving them all the time is diminishing their visibility,

I have also some equisite indian 1840 pieces, have also a collection of silvercoins but I stopped chasing silvercoins. Here one doesn't find much. I am amazed how easy it is to find coins in north america. Presume you are canadian. Appreciate yr love for coins, they are really telling a lot about history.

Personally i think the British empire dislocated itself because of the " localization " of the coinvalues,One of the strengts of a moneuni is its ubiquitous value. That is one of the advantages of the dollar and also nowadays of the euro.

Formerly they were everywhere competing to issue attractive coins, nowadays just robotic stuff of no interest.

Keep the quest going

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    I adore the coins windweaver presents, but think it is quite difficult when the coins are moving to appreciate them really, Should try to find a method put them on a stand at the right distance and angle Moving them all the time is diminishing their visibility,

I have also some equisite indian 1840 pieces, have also a collection of silvercoins but I stopped chasing silvercoins. Here one doesn't find much. I am amazed how easy it is to find coins in north america. Presume you are canadian. Appreciate yr love for coins, they are really telling a lot about history.

Personally i think the British empire dislocated itself because of the " localization " of the coinvalues,One of the strengts of a moneuni is its ubiquitous value. That is one of the advantages of the dollar and also nowadays of the euro.

Formerly they were everywhere competing to issue attractive coins, nowadays just robotic stuff of no interest.

Keep the quest going

Golditiki2+++
    Thanks... I'll see what I can do about a better way to display them.

My primary issue is time. I work about 144 hours per pay period. 12 hour shifts, no less.

Here is my latest video.
    You guys can always subscribe hehe.

https://youtu.be/LCveYBSOIp4

Unfortunately you'll get notice for my miniature painting videos as well.

I can't believe that I hadn't thought of that. You're absolutely right. And because it was after 3 in the morning when I watched it, I "remembered", totally incorrectly that is, that Queen Victoria was on the coin. It is only that the name "Victoria" that stuck out in my early morning mush mind. Good catch!

Sometimes the information is right before me, yet I still fail to put 2 and 2 together...
    You and me both!!!