Page 857 of 963 FirstFirst ... 357757807847851852853854855856857858859860861862863867907957 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,570 of 9626

Thread: Latest score

Hi Bronkster. They were mainly after Pandas, and any silver that was over 1oz. There was a lot of 5oz. and 12oz. silver Pandas included on their hunting list, but they were after mostly gold. Funny, I just got a PM from an old friend and he mentioned that he is currently having a hard time finding Pandas in the original Mint Packaging here in North America. Spooky to see his words right at the same time as this topic.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

sealed pandas......... marketing gimmic the fraudsters love, to easily hide fakes with...... smart people open the plastic pouches to verify for themselves if it is really gold. Have bought 3 pandas, one one ounce 2014, and 2 sealed in original mint vinyl pouches( 10 gram coins) both of the 10 gram ones turned out to be brass, gold plated. no interest in sealed anything, thank you.
    Last edited by shades; 01-19-2021 at 08:26 PM.

I thought I was out of the silver game......I was just supposed to pick up some fractional platinum APE's but I've never seen these bars before so for $1.50 over spot they came home with me.

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    And that's what makes the world go 'round, brother! We all have our different approaches to stacking/collecting. I respect everyone's ways as that's what's right for them and who the hell am I to say differently? I like the way I do it- riding the line between simple bullion stacking and yet also collecting the better and rarer/scarcer old coins. It's the best of both worlds, IMO. I'll say this...it sure keeps me busy.

And to you, Josh... I always enjoy your videos and hope you keep making them as I find them fun and informational. I've been a numismatist a long time too. I've mostly stopped going on to the "tube" because of their censorship, but I'll still click a link to your videos. I apologize though- I always seem to forget to "like them". I wanted to add that it's obvious that you know your stuff and I hope that you weren't taking previous comments as being antagonistic towards you. I think we're all on the same side here, brother. Indeed, the seller should have taken more care with the packaging. Again, good job with getting (proof) coins for less than or at bullion prices.
    No harm taken, and thank you very much for watching!!!
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
    I thought I was out of the silver game......I was just supposed to pick up some fractional platinum APE's but I've never seen these bars before so for $1.50 over spot they came home with me.
    Those half Kilos look great, hard to resist at that price! The only Hareus bar I have seen in person is my terrible looking extruded 50oz.

Here is an oldy but goody, from much happier silver hunting days:
    https://youtu.be/CCJqf8Nonls
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

What a nice gift)

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Hi Bronkster. They were mainly after Pandas, and any silver that was over 1oz. There was a lot of 5oz. and 12oz. silver Pandas included on their hunting list, but they were after mostly gold. Funny, I just got a PM from an old friend and he mentioned that he is currently having a hard time finding Pandas in the original Mint Packaging here in North America. Spooky to see his words right at the same time as this topic.
    I had always heard and understood that the Chinese were huge "savers" in gold. Apparently thousands of years of civilization taught them something about the importance of this. Interesting that they were after the silver too. Also interesting that your friend's difficulty in finding what he's after comes at the same time we were discussing such. I'm taking that as people who share common (stacking) interests and have more than just the critical thinking skills God gave a goat, knowing what they have to do and taking the steps to get it done. IE: the search continues.

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Here is an oldy but goody, from much happier silver hunting days:
    https://youtu.be/CCJqf8Nonls
    I remembered to like this one. Ha ha! I really like the mix of older foreign coins you showed there, but I love the old British silver medallion of Queen Vicky!

Quote Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post

I wonder how often it is that when any of us is after certain items, that we end up not being able to pass up the good deals that also seem to accompany what we were after in the first place. Great score!