Page 855 of 965 FirstFirst ... 355755805845849850851852853854855856857858859860861865905955 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,550 of 9642

Thread: Latest score

  1. #8541

    Default

    I used last quarters ebay bucks and got 2 x 2021 BU ASE's for $4.43 total shipped. not much shiney but at least i got to use the ebucks and the ASE's were only a couple bucks each.

  2. #8542

    Default

    Good deal, Max. So basically, you got some free silver and paid the postage. Doesn't get much better than that. Nice!

  3. #8543

    Default

    I stopped buying on eBay since they insist on charging sales tax these days. Too much of a hassle dealing with NY state attempting to get the tax back. Before that there were some great deals I found there.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

  4. #8544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    I stopped buying on eBay since they insist on charging sales tax these days. Too much of a hassle dealing with NY state attempting to get the tax back. Before that there were some great deals I found there.
    I find myself in much the same predicament. The greedy, spend-it-as-soon-as-they-get-it State of New York has had the opposite effect of what they wanted. I know that they don't really care, but ever since eBay started collecting sales tax, even if the item(s) are coming from a no tax required state, it's turned me off from that site. A little while back, I was interested in buying 3 specific years of 1/4 oz. AGE's and contacted a seller regarding this. They said that in their experience, eBay will still charge the tax and that someone would have to fight in order to get it back. This was despite the fact that in NY (as you already know, Don) if you spend over $1,000 on bullion, it's supposed to be tax exempt. I passed on the deal because of that.

  5. #8545

    Default

    "Fight" is the wrong word to describe getting your tax free purchase through eBay. Simply contact customer service after your purchase and describe your tax exempt status. It should be refunded to you shortly, its possible that the seller could do this for you as well but don't quote me on that.

  6. #8546

    Default

    Well, I'm just quoting what the seller said verbatim. Besides, if the states weren't so greedy and insisting on charging tax on something that shouldn't be taxed, why should I have to pay even initially when I shouldn't owe any tax to begin with? I shouldn't have to be refunded. Doesn't seem right to me, and everyone loses out on the deal. Since I bought what I wanted at a place where I wasn't charged tax the seller didn't get his sale, eBay lost out on their cut and the state didn't get their money either. Sounds like a great business model.

  7. #8547

    Default

    Does this stuff annoy you as well?
    https://youtu.be/yvmR_EjRvh4
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  8. #8548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Does this stuff annoy you as well?
    https://youtu.be/yvmR_EjRvh4
    Yes, tape on coins is mildly annoying to me. It doesn't bother gold coins too much, but with more reactive metals like silver and copper... well, you already know. The fact that the coin was a silver proof just made it worse. Yeah, the seller should have known better or at least "handled" it better. Perhaps a quick dip in acetone and using a Q-tip would remove it? I've saved quite a few from some dealers junk box that way. I do realize that that's how some people saved their coins back in the day- kind of like how they "mounted" the stamps they were collecting, but it does nothing to help us collectors now. BTW, I looked for the Aussie Kangaroos you mentioned the other day and I didn't have any. What I did have was some fairly recent, yet backdated Kookaburras.

  9. #8549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    Yes, tape on coins is mildly annoying to me. It doesn't bother gold coins too much, but with more reactive metals like silver and copper... well, you already know. The fact that the coin was a silver proof just made it worse. Yeah, the seller should have known better or at least "handled" it better. Perhaps a quick dip in acetone and using a Q-tip would remove it? I've saved quite a few from some dealers junk box that way. I do realize that that's how some people saved their coins back in the day- kind of like how they "mounted" the stamps they were collecting, but it does nothing to help us collectors now. BTW, I looked for the Aussie Kangaroos you mentioned the other day and I didn't have any. What I did have was some fairly recent, yet backdated Kookaburras.
    I as of yet have none of those.
    Last edited by windweaver77; 01-18-2021 at 02:41 AM.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  10. #8550
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    11,765

    Default

    You should have a pair of cotton coin gloves when transferring proof coins from flips to the cardboard coin holders. A couple of bucks per pair is cheap insurance to prevent oils from fingers to prevent tarnishing. Just my 2 cents.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •