Page 854 of 963 FirstFirst ... 354754804844848849850851852853854855856857858859860864904954 ... LastLast
Results 8,531 to 8,540 of 9626

Thread: Latest score

Got about 10 ozt (9.8315) for $244
    Various lots from sterling to 50%, all Canadian.

Last edited by windweaver77; 01-03-2021 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added photos
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

$85 BIN after some offer/counter-offer fun.

https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/...4-duid-1473241

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

https://youtu.be/i7p8i7oEhDk

It was a better score than I initially thought...

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    https://youtu.be/i7p8i7oEhDk

It was a better score than I initially thought...
    I think you crushed it!

Hey windweaver, noticed you have quite a variety of silver coins. Just wondering if you remove them from the 2x2's and put everything in one bag. Thats how I have it, 40% alongside .999, next to 80% canadian, generic etc. for sure the coolest for a big canvas bag to look through!

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    Hey windweaver, noticed you have quite a variety of silver coins. Just wondering if you remove them from the 2x2's and put everything in one bag. Thats how I have it, 40% alongside .999, next to 80% canadian, generic etc. for sure the coolest for a big canvas bag to look through!
    I swim in mine... "treasure baths" I call them. I only sell or give away the ones that smell funny.

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    I think you crushed it!
    Check the comments on that video. I had an SJW pop in and tell me how immoral I was for " taking advantage, and cheating " this guy.

Check the comments on that video. I had an SJW pop in and tell me how immoral I was for " taking advantage, and cheating " this guy.
    Hahaha A person sets a sell price and if the buyer likes the price, then it's a fair deal. I try and buy below melt and I'll take your PM's even if you are selling at a steal price. It's different than trying to take advantage and deceiving a person. Anyway, you made a good buy... In this day and age I don't need the so-called moral police scrutinizing my buys or sells.

I might ad to this, I have been known to tell people, when they are selling at a price that is way too low, they are cheating themselves.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 01-13-2021 at 12:50 PM.
    Stacking since the late 1970's

"I swim in mine... "treasure baths" I call them." - Lol! I wasn't aware that Mr. Scrooge Mc Duck was a member of this forum. Welcome aboard, Sir.

On another note, I read the comment(s) from that SJW and the term that immediately came to my mind was "Caveat Emptor". Yes, obviously that's Latin for "buyer beware" which a lot of people know of or have heard before. I often refer them to the opposite of that, Caveat Venditor (let the seller beware). I find it extremely peculiar that so many know the first, yet not the second which IMO is just as, if not more important. What I tell people is that there are always 2 sides to a buying and selling transaction and there is risk on both sides to varying degrees. The problem here is that so many people are lazy and don't do their homework. They just want the quick and easy money.
    It is entirely on those who are interested in buying something, anything really of "value" (coins, precious metals, antiques, paintings, high end men's watches, etc., etc.) OR selling something to NOT be ignorant of what they have before them. And when I use the term ignorant, I do not intend for it to be misconstrued as meaning stupid as so many people misuse it's definition. I DO mean for it to be understood as it's primary definition which is "lacking knowledge or awareness". As you well know, those of us here often use the acronym DYODD (do your own due diligence) and it applies to both buyer and seller. I also inform people such as Miss "I think you're immoral." that this is a business transaction and that you (J) could just as easily have been ripped off or cheated. That is the risk that you took in completing the transaction. The coins could have been fake (I know that they're not ), the seller may not have ever sent them or just claimed he/she did, the seller could have done the old switcheroo and sent you different coins that weren't made of precious metals- these and many other things could have happened and we're glad they didn't, but these things DO happen- especially with online transactions. Also, the "price" of silver, being volatile, could have shot to da moon or could have dropped precipitously thereupon "screwing" one of you. Does that mean that no business should ever take place? Of course not. Yes, I also know that the 'Bay has certain protections in place also (mostly for buyers), but let's not dance around the issue. It can still happen is my point. THAT'S what I tell people when they get all self righteous and think that they have the moral high ground in attempting to condemn me. No, I will NOT intentionally attempt to screw someone over even if I have much more knowledge than they do concerning an item/items and you even said that on your video. Gotta love the "wokeness" and "cancel culture" generations- sarcasm intended.

bought 10 x 100oz bars today at 2658 each. Replacing some of the silver I swapped for platinum when the ratio was 32.5. Platinum has outperformed bigtime since the swap so Im happy getting it back here. I have NEVER payed such a premium for 100 oz bars. Was buying from 22 down to 14 with premiums less than .40 cents in most cases. Totally insane premijums in silver, much more so in platinum at the moment. Gold premiums are not that bad at all.
    Still feel platinum is a much better buy than silver presently but am underweight silver.