Page 852 of 963 FirstFirst ... 352752802842846847848849850851852853854855856857858862902952 ... LastLast
Results 8,511 to 8,520 of 9626

Thread: Latest score

As I noted on the gold "lastest score", I've found silver from online dealers at spot. (1 oz rounds). I remember not to long ago, I was running a contest to see when we could find at $3 premium, which was about +15%. Those who have been patient should be buying like crazy now, or do they imagine something has fundamentally changed? Sky was falling down, now it is not, because?

Or maybe everyone is now busy finding good deals on digital screens -- no time to save in metals with the best premiums of the year, only fun to buy when it seems the end is near? There's probably another reason, like those who want to talk about PM's have left to forums where there is a greater population, this one no longer "trending", rather the PM talk is trending in other places? Or is this a sign of overall public sentiment, all us PM bugs are dying off?
    Last edited by motocat; 11-28-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by sasksilver View Post
    Ha same...my buddy owns a LCS so I get cool stuff at spot...haven't payed premiuns on 90% of what I have bought over the years
    That's awesome! Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who gets some friggin' fantastic deals out there. Truth to tell, sometimes I almost feel a little bit guilty scoring the deals I do. Most of the time not, though. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Nice!!!! Keep up the good work. I have never had the heart to sell silvers.
    Thanks! You can count on this from me: I will never give up looking for deals where I come out on top! I work almost tirelessly and go pretty far to buy undervalued items (good, silver, collectibles and antiques). Everywhere I go or travel to there is usually a deal to be found- people just have to 1) keep their eyes open and not just concentrate on the obvious places to find things 2) have the "dry powder" available and 3) not be scared to squeeze the trigger. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

As far as selling silver, so much has passed through my hands (into and out of), that I've done a lot of culling and refining the stack to the point where I really just try to keep the cream of the crop, the best of the best (available) and I've directed most of the proceeds towards my acquisitions of gold. Still love the silver and would never get rid of everything (I still have quite a bit of it- depends upon whose standards we're talking about, I guess lol), but I'm trying to find and keep the more " wealth concentrated" items worthy of my time and effort...

Picked up a roll of 20 brilliant uncirculated ASE's today for $500 out the door ($25 a piece). Half are 1990's and the other half are 1995's, and I thought the deal was pretty good especially for being backdates and nowhere near the current premiums attached to ASE's lately. Basically $1.05 over spot each and the distinct possibility of another 100 or so coming in my friend's shop tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    Picked up a roll of 20 brilliant uncirculated ASE's today for $500 out the door ($25 a piece). Half are 1990's and the other half are 1995's, and I thought the deal was pretty good especially for being backdates and nowhere near the current premiums attached to ASE's lately. Basically $1.05 over spot each and the distinct possibility of another 100 or so coming in my friend's shop tomorrow
    hey, congrats. nice going. thank you friend!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    hey, congrats. nice going. thank you friend!!
    Thanks, Max. Yes, I was just commenting on this the other day (how many great deals I come across having a good friend who owns a we-buy-gold shop, that is...). I am constantly offered the best of deals that walk in the door including gold and silver jewelry as well as coinage in all forms for basically scrap prices or just slightly over (as in the case of ASE's and the like). I definitely thank him for the deals and he always thanks me for the business I give him, as cash flow is a huge determining factor as to the success of that type of business (and every other one I've ever encountered)...

I just wanted to add that it never hurts to have an easy outlet to "dump off" or trade the unwanted items I come across for some quick cash which is more often than not converted into things I do want.
    Last edited by bronkster1967; 12-01-2020 at 09:09 PM.

trading 60 eisenhower dollars for 4 x MS70 NGC early release ASE's. i do not usually buy these, but i do have some Proof and Burnished in boxes with COA's from the mint. so, this trade, sixty dollars in eisenhower coins for 4 slabbed ase's ...what say you?

trading 60 eisenhower dollars for 4 x MS70 NGC early release ASE's. i do not usually buy these, but i do have some Proof and Burnished in boxes with COA's from the mint. so, this trade, sixty dollars in eisenhower coins for 4 slabbed ase's ...what say you?
    The Ike's in my experience are worth next to nothing ... Maybe $1.50 each and only for the novelty of them and finding someone interested in that novelty usually is a stretch.
    So at best $90 worth of Eisenhower's for 4 ASE's ...... Yup, I'd take it.
    Last edited by GOLDnSILVERchips; 12-13-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Slabbed ASE's probably have more value to the right niches.

But I am not a fan of either, personally.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Slabbed ASE's probably have more value to the right niches.

But I am not a fan of either, personally.
    I'm with you on that one. Whenever I do pick them up, I sell them for as high as I can reasonably get and convert them into what I do actually want.