Page 851 of 963 FirstFirst ... 351751801841845846847848849850851852853854855856857861901951 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,510 of 9626

Thread: Latest score

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Bought? Nah...ya stole it at that price. Ha. Be safe out there on the prairie..covid is everywhere. My relies got it bad.
    Yeah it's in our neck of the woods now, not happy about it but unfortunately it is what it is. The deal on silver at least was a nice break of happiness
    One in a million...GNR ...sums it up nicely

Quote Originally Posted by sasksilver View Post
    Bought 80 ounces of various silver for $20 Canadian...$11 under spot. Score. Wouldn't pay spot as it's higher then I would pay so got it for a price I was comfy with
    Great deal, I love it when that happens but then I feel like a shyster sometimes Anything interesting? I ask cause I got some pretty rare generics from APemax that i flipped on fleabay for good $

Quote Originally Posted by slivers View Post
    Great deal, I love it when that happens but then I feel like a shyster sometimes Anything interesting? I ask cause I got some pretty rare generics from APemax that i flipped on fleabay for good $
    It was from a family acquaintance, he didn't want to deal with people during covid and is quite rich...he knew that it was worth more just didn't seem to care so was happy to take it off his hands for that price.... actually dropped the price after the fact...people are crazy...so got most for under $20. Royal Canada mint sets, junk silver US and Canadian, a peace dollar...kind of a Hodge podge of stuff...it's showing up today so will spend the evening looking thru the treasure assortment lol.

It was from a family acquaintance, he didn't want to deal with people during covid and is quite rich...he knew that it was worth more just didn't seem to care so was happy to take it off his hands for that price.... actually dropped the price after the fact...people are crazy...so got most for under $20. Royal Canada mint sets, junk silver US and Canadian, a peace dollar...kind of a Hodge podge of stuff...it's showing up today so will spend the evening looking thru the treasure assortment lol.
    Well, it sure sounds like you scored a really good one there. Here's the thing about getting a box full of "stuff"- you never know what's in there until you go through all of it and "piece it out". One time, in band camp, just kidding, one time several years back at an auction, I bought a large box filled with what they called "foreign coins". And it was, mostly, but it had such a hodge podge of items including some very old silver Latin American coins from the 1830's etc., rare/early Disney dollars (I initially laughed at these until I actually looked up what people actually pay for them) which I later sold on that site that begins with an E and ends with bay and turned the proceeds into more PM's, and a lot of 50% and 80% Canadian silver dollars and sets as well as lots of loose Canadian nickel and copper coinage. It was seriously A LOT of fun just being able to go through it, like you said... it was a treasure hunt! Anyway, good luck with it. I hope you crush it and find even better than what you expect!

P.S. I forgot to say what I'd gotten them for. My winning bid was $60 (US) plus a 15% buyers premium. The auction was in Connecticut and there is generally no tax on coins in CT unless they're foreign, but they didn't catch that fact at the time so good for me. Anyway, just those Disney dollars which I initially sneered at, netted me several hundred dollars. The Canadian silver dollars (most of which were the 80% silver "canoe" type) also netted me hundreds more and the older Bolivian silver coins and the silver Balboas I kept some and sold some as even more icing on the cake.
    Last edited by bronkster1967; 11-27-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    Well, it sure sounds like you scored a really good one there. Here's the thing about getting a box full of "stuff"- you never know what's in there until you go through all of it and "piece it out". One time, in band camp, just kidding, one time several years back at an auction, I bought a large box filled with what they called "foreign coins". And it was, mostly, but it had such a hodge podge of items including some very old silver Latin American coins from the 1830's etc., rare/early Disney dollars (I initially laughed at these until I actually looked up what people actually pay for them) which I later sold on that site that begins with an E and ends with bay and turned the proceeds into more PM's, and a lot of 50% and 80% Canadian silver dollars and sets as well as lots of loose Canadian nickel and copper coinage. It was seriously A LOT of fun just being able to go through it, like you said... it was a treasure hunt! Anyway, good luck with it. I hope you crush it and find even better than what you expect!

P.S. I forgot to say what I'd gotten them for. My winning bid was $60 (US) plus a 15% buyers premium. The auction was in Connecticut and there is generally no tax on coins in CT unless they're foreign, but they didn't catch that fact at the time so good for me. Anyway, just those Disney dollars which I initially sneered at, netted me several hundred dollars. The Canadian silver dollars (most of which were the 80% silver "canoe" type) also netted me hundreds more and the older Bolivian silver coins and the silver Balboas I kept some and sold some as even more icing on the cake.
    That is a once in a lifetime score....I find lots of good buys and steals in other areas but sadly rarely on metals...the one thing I would like to find steals on lol.

That is a once in a lifetime score....I find lots of good buys and steals in other areas but sadly rarely on metals...the one thing I would like to find steals on lol.
    Oh, I totally hear you there... The best I can usually do is take advantage of buying gold or silver at melt prices because I have a good friend who owns a we-buy-gold shop and offers me stuff often. Believe me, I'm quite thankful for that...

Oh, I totally hear you there... The best I can usually do is take advantage of buying gold or silver at melt prices because I have a good friend who owns a we-buy-gold shop and offers me stuff often. Believe me, I'm quite thankful for that...
    Ha same...my buddy owns a LCS so I get cool stuff at spot...haven't payed premiuns on 90% of what I have bought over the years

Nice!!!! Keep up the good work. I have never had the heart to sell silvers.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDnSILVERchips View Post
    And as post #8481 + #8491 said that still doesn't make Pt. money.
    You want to talk about melting points I'd say why, you want to trade ratios - There's thousands of them to trade, you want to talk Monetary Metals there's two primary ones and this for thousands of years and right up to this day.
    Traded a total of 2300 oz of silver for platinum at an average of 35 Plat/ Silver...my belief is the ratio will get back to 100/1 or the average of the past 25 years within a few years. Still have silver but a lot more $ worth of platinum now.Silver goes to 35 in 2 years...platinum will be 3500 IMO

https://youtu.be/0s_nY2Jt6Tw
    Silver is fun!!!

My latest stuff. Eva jumped on the table right after I finished recording.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon