Page 806 of 965 FirstFirst ... 306706756796800801802803804805806807808809810811812816856906 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,060 of 9641

Thread: Latest score

  1. #8051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but any time you pay well over spot you are opening yourself up to a nasty shock when you go to sell. Trying to make up for a large nut by hoping that POS increases so much that you are still doing okay in the long run is like buying a new car at sticker price plus an extra dealer mark up and then thinking it's still a good deal since your gas usage will be lower than with your old car. A bad deal is a bad deal no matter how much lipstick you put on that pig.
    A bad deal is a bad deal no matter how much lipstick you put on that pig.

    Long Don Silver......That Was A Good One.!

  2. #8052

    Default

    Been buying left and right, FeeBay gave me such a Deal. 10% ebay bucks on purchases. Up to 340.00 so far. Mostly American Silver Eagles, Another day left to go. "Merry Christmas" to Me

  3. #8053

    Default

    Didn't earn any $'s on my last 2 PM purchases, but other auctions gave me some eBay $'s coming in January, so I hope POS/POG stay low for the next few weeks.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

  4. #8054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE OLD FART View Post
    Been buying left and right, FeeBay gave me such a Deal. 10% ebay bucks on purchases. Up to 340.00 so far. Mostly American Silver Eagles, Another day left to go. "Merry Christmas" to Me
    dang 10% ebaybucks? my purchases only gave me 1 %. i need to look at other p m's i guess.

  5. #8055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    dang 10% ebaybucks? my purchases only gave me 1 %. i need to look at other p m's i guess.
    Just update your ebay mail preferences. You will get alot more email ads from ebay but included will be the 10% . Good for coins and paper money section but does not include the bullion section.
    "That's not money" - Ben Bernanke

  6. #8056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    Just update your ebay mail preferences. You will get alot more email ads from ebay but included will be the 10% . Good for coins and paper money section but does not include the bullion section.
    Yeah, it is frustrating when 100% of the time, they don't allow bullion to earn ebaybucks thereby forcing us to earn it with other purchases. However, there have been a few times when sometimes the seller will (either incorrectly or on purpose) list the bullion in a different category than bullion and it has worked for me- meaning I have gotten the bonus for the purchase. I do wonder if they realize that the bullion purchases/sales would probably increase if they allowed it to trigger the ebaybucks, but they've probably figured it all out logistically and have figured that they'd just lose too much money.

  7. #8057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    Yeah, it is frustrating when 100% of the time, they don't allow bullion to earn ebaybucks thereby forcing us to earn it with other purchases. However, there have been a few times when sometimes the seller will (either incorrectly or on purpose) list the bullion in a different category than bullion and it has worked for me- meaning I have gotten the bonus for the purchase. I do wonder if they realize that the bullion purchases/sales would probably increase if they allowed it to trigger the ebaybucks, but they've probably figured it all out logistically and have figured that they'd just lose too much money.
    of course, with todays I T capabilities, big companies like this have run computer programed actuarials always giving them the upper hand in all transactions that they can possibly control. if an occasional listing slips past their watchdog program bots, well then good for the end buyer and they just absorb that as a cost of doing business realizing they cannot flim flam their top gravy on all deals. jmho

  8. #8058

    Default

    20 ozt silver. 10 prospector rounds and 1 x 10 ozt generic bar. all at spot. used 2 different special 10 ozt silver at spot deals over the internet. one was $148.30 including free shipping. the other was $147.60 including free shipping. .999 silver at spot is always a good deal. man, there have been some really good deals from large online dealers and lcs's that i have searched out lately. i am still waiting for our host here to resupply their availability of a couple really good specials in kitco's buy/sell section. not at spot but a really good price even when figuring the shipping costs. i am always in the mood for a good deal on p m's.

  9. #8059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    of course, with todays I T capabilities, big companies like this have run computer programed actuarials always giving them the upper hand in all transactions that they can possibly control. if an occasional listing slips past their watchdog program bots, well then good for the end buyer and they just absorb that as a cost of doing business realizing they cannot flim flam their top gravy on all deals. jmho
    Yup. We're in agreement there, Max. I sell on the 'bay too and I often see people who have listed an item for sale in a completely wrong category (probably due to using a previous item's listing as a template that makes listing another item just that much easier. I do it myself.) One just has to remember to update things like category, etc., etc.. and also to double check their work. As you said, their actuaries have figured out exactly how much they generate in sales and what it costs them to offer ebaybucks each time they do...

  10. #8060

    Default

    I went to a coin auction yesterday and bought approximately 1/3 of an ounce of silver for $445. (It was a silver Washington quarter, a 1932-S in MS-64) so if I was being graded as a stacker then I overpaid

    immensely. But if I were being judged as a numismatist, then I scored big time as the widely accepted fiat dollar value of that coin in that condition is in the neighborhood of between $900 and $1200. Sometimes you're just in the right place at the right time. Oh, there were silver bars, rounds and even some gold coins as well as a lot of other interesting stuff, but all were going for too much in relation to their value so I passed on all of them. I have been patiently working on completing the Washington quarter set and the 1932-S is (for those who care to know) what's known as a key date and this one is in near gem condition, so it's a rare coin (low mintage), made of precious metal and most that were made were not preserved in such fantastic shape. Hence the dollar value and constant demand for it. If the bullion opportunities aren't there, then I try to take advantage of the numismatic ones and vice versa. When it kills me is when both opportunities present themselves. Lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •