Page 7 of 965 FirstFirst 123456789101112131757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest score

Picked this up from a local pawn broker ,with box & COA

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by spannermonkey View Post
    Picked this up from a local pawn broker ,with box & COA

from the "new millennium group" with the soaring eagle on the reverse...via Franklin mint???

nice bar, how much if i may ask..??

INCT

Quote Originally Posted by Stackmanship View Post
    He said Eisenhower dollars - you are relaying info on Kennedy halves.

In answer to his question - The D mint marked coins you have are not silver at all. The silver variety were minted in San Francisco - S mint mark and were 40% silver. There were never any 90% silver Ikes.
    again I stand corrected. LOL what I dont know about coins could flood this forum! stoopid stoopid stoopid
    I remember when a silver dollar looked as big as a wagon wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    from the "new millennium group" with the soaring eagle on the reverse...via Franklin mint???

nice bar, how much if i may ask..??

INCT
    I paid $40
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger00 View Post
    It will depend on the maker and what type of jewelry it is.
    Oliver is the mfg. It's bracelets,rings, necklaces and charms. I found some rings on Amazon like some of the ones this guy has. He's closing up a kiosk he has in a mall. His lease or rent went thru the roof and he's wanting out.
    http://www.amazon.com/Oliver-Stackab.../dp/B0052NV8YW

willy... do they not have display case's that lock at your antique mall... INCT
    Hello capt. They have some cases you can rent, and also allow us to have our own locked cases, and they keep a key to let people in with. Anything small and of any value at all, I put in my case. Sometimes smaller things outside the box walk, but nothing from the case thus far. My stuff is all bought real cheap, so the bottom line impact is not that great. It hurts folks with higher $ items quite a bit, though. Thieves should be publically horse whipped!

Willy!

new in the plastic makes me wonder only a bit...make sure it is authentic sterling, many foreign makers on and in our market have dumped many a plated stamped .925 product, especially in the jewelry world, massed produced lies in plastic by the container and freight load...just a note of caution..
    have you seen ESTY website for selling???

INCT
    I don't worry too much about this guy. He's been in business a long time and I've bought stuff from him before. He's just wanting out of his inventory.

Today at an outdoor flea market, I got an older Whitman 1938 - 1964 Jefferson nickel coin folder with all but 8 coins for $15. It included all 11 silver war nickels, so that's my little silver score for the day. Not much, but it was fun.

Willy!

Picked up a Sterling silver spoon and a junk pile of souvenier spoons and other older types of silverplated ones for a buck. Spoon was about 69 grams in weight.

Default Good Day at Pawn Shop!

I was driving the twenty miles to my LCS today trying to get there before Big Ben broke the news. I remembered a pawn shop I had been to a couple times coming up on my right. I was going to keep going, their prices were always too high. Twice I decided to pass it, but something said, STOP! As I pulled into the parking lot, QE3 hit. I rushed inside, they were busy. I waited a bit before a worker asked if he could help me. He had some 90% and that is what I buy, so I asked the price on dimes. He replied they like to get $3...I was about to tell him , no thanks and leave. Before I could speak he said he would take $2. I couldn't believe it. I kept my cool and counted out 90 dimes. I added three quarters and got it all for $200. He said he had more dimes, but wouldn't have them out till tomorrow. Crap!!! I wanted them all! He was asking $15 for halves and 7 for quarters...too much! I left happy and told myself to listen to that voice from now on. He sold the dimes for $6 under spot!. Pretty good day I think.