Page 6 of 965 FirstFirst 1234567891011121656106506 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 9641

Thread: Latest score

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    25,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coindog View Post
    you can get US $5 gold commems (.242oz) for much closer to spot. or go for more silver if you don't want to spend for gold.
    i do not see why many don't see this, many times ya almost get a free minted silver coin( so to speak) with the gold from a commemoration US mint set.. Olympics, liberty, US constitution, etc.. been on a mission and have favored these gov't rounds as of late for Au... good bang for the buck as far as gold goes...

    INCT

  2. #52

    Default

    Got a chunky 47 gram sterling silver necklace in an auction junk box tonight. Paid $5.00 for the box. I'll pull the necklace and sell the rest of the stuff that came in the box (misc tools, common knifes, etc) for $20 or so in my antique mall booth. That's playing small ball for sure, but still, cheap to free silver.

    Willy!

  3. #53

    Default

    Made a nice score today.

    9 kookaburras 1991 ,93 ,94, 97 Portugal privy, 98 ,2000 ,2002, 08, 09. A 2008 koala, 1996 panda, 1993 panda, (real Pandas) and 5 Christmas rounds, all for 35 a pop.

    Brought the wife with me today for the first time and she had a good time, Loved watching her dig thru the misc box and picking out her Christmas rounds.

    Could not believe I found all this premium metal all at one place.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    25,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fortydogroad View Post
    Got a chunky 47 gram sterling silver necklace in an auction junk box tonight. Paid $5.00 for the box. I'll pull the necklace and sell the rest of the stuff that came in the box (misc tools, common knifes, etc) for $20 or so in my antique mall booth. That's playing small ball for sure, but still, cheap to free silver.

    Willy!
    willy... do they not have display case's that lock at your antique mall... we have 3 antique malls we stock in CT, but we only use display cases that the malls employees have to open.. we used to have theft issues in the past, bad problems too..

    we only now place our "smalls" and coins in locked cases.. all 3 establishments, offer us a 7' tall by 3' by 4' with 4 shelves.... they are a little more then a "open space booth" per month...... just a thought since you mentioned theft in an earlier post..

    best of luck, i admire your ways of doing business and turning profits into silver... kudo's

    INCT

  5. #55

    Default

    Since the subject came up about Sterling Silver Jewelry I want to ask a question. I don't stack Silver but I have a chance to get some (sterling) at spot. It's brand new still in the plastic wrappers from the factory.Do you guys think I could resell this for any kind of profit even if the price stays flat? I was thinking if I paid spot there wouldn't be any room for a profit since it's sterling and it don't carry any kind of premium. I'm disabled and can't drive so I can't work the flee markets or anything like that. I don't deal with eBay what so ever so that's out. What do I do?

  6. #56

    Default oops...

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbarfly View Post
    nope not silver. 1965 to 1969 are 40%, pre 64 is 90%. still cool coins tho
    He said Eisenhower dollars - you are relaying info on Kennedy halves.

    In answer to his question - The D mint marked coins you have are not silver at all. The silver variety were minted in San Francisco - S mint mark and were 40% silver. There were never any 90% silver Ikes.

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stackmanship View Post
    He said Eisenhower dollars - you are relaying info on Kennedy halves.

    In answer to his question - The D mint marked coins you have are not silver at all. The silver variety were minted in San Francisco - S mint mark and were 40% silver. There were never any 90% silver Ikes.
    Not all Ike S mints are 40% not even the proofs. I don't own any and the whole series of Ike's is very confusing without a whole lot of info available so I stay away. This video is about as comprehensive as I have found concerning the Ike series.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=seVerZGfWJA
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    Thomas Jefferson

  8. #58

    Question

    Bought a 2011 Kukabarro and a 2011 Koala Both $42 each. Hard to find them in my area but they had it at a coin show here so just went for it since they were also in nice airtights with the foam sides.

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L48X55 View Post
    Since the subject came up about Sterling Silver Jewelry I want to ask a question. I don't stack Silver but I have a chance to get some (sterling) at spot. It's brand new still in the plastic wrappers from the factory.Do you guys think I could resell this for any kind of profit even if the price stays flat? I was thinking if I paid spot there wouldn't be any room for a profit since it's sterling and it don't carry any kind of premium. I'm disabled and can't drive so I can't work the flee markets or anything like that. I don't deal with eBay what so ever so that's out. What do I do?
    It will depend on the maker and what type of jewelry it is.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    25,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L48X55 View Post
    Since the subject came up about Sterling Silver Jewelry I want to ask a question. I don't stack Silver but I have a chance to get some (sterling) at spot. It's brand new still in the plastic wrappers from the factory.Do you guys think I could resell this for any kind of profit even if the price stays flat? I was thinking if I paid spot there wouldn't be any room for a profit since it's sterling and it don't carry any kind of premium. I'm disabled and can't drive so I can't work the flee markets or anything like that. I don't deal with eBay what so ever so that's out. What do I do?
    new in the plastic makes me wonder only a bit...make sure it is authentic sterling, many foreign makers on and in our market have dumped many a plated stamped .925 product, especially in the jewelry world, massed produced lies in plastic by the container and freight load...just a note of caution..
    have you seen ESTY website for selling???



    INCT
    Last edited by captainsilverton; 09-09-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •