Page 556 of 963 FirstFirst ... 56456506546550551552553554555556557558559560561562566606656 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 9625

Thread: Latest score

  1. #5551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T money View Post
    Can any Canadian tell me if Canadian $2 bills are uncommon, like they are here in USA ? I've collected $2 bills ever since my teen years. In recent years I've increased my collection to quite a few of them. (By quite a few, I mean over $1000 worth.)
    From what I gather... They require coin use in small denominations.. And have a "twoonie" coin
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  2. #5552
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    25,750

    Default

    i have a get together before a small coin show here in CT, over bkfst...

    a young couple that "show" often, are looking to sell 2 collections they acquired recently from a source unknown to me.. sounds like a reasonable deal, though large.... hopeful after we meet in a bit, i will be driving home with new to me coins.... not much info yet other than the invite to see and offer....

    INCT

  3. #5553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    You can go to any bank in the US and get as many $2 bills as you could ever want... P.s. they work great at strip clubs... Look like twenties in the lighting...
    they may be ok for strip club tipping if thats your gig, but do casino slot machines take them? i'll stick with 20$ bills. the dam machine might eat a 2$ bill and not register it...thats if it takes it at all

  4. #5554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T money View Post
    Can any Canadian tell me if Canadian $2 bills are uncommon, like they are here in USA ? I've collected $2 bills ever since my teen years. In recent years I've increased my collection to quite a few of them. (By quite a few, I mean over $1000 worth.)
    They stopped making them in the mid 90's. They were basically as prevalent as the $1 note. They were replace by a coin, nicknamed the twoonie or toonie (a play on our $1 coin, the loonie)

  5. #5555
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    25,750

    Default

    SCORED today...how fitting for super bowl sunday,

    i believe i paid a fair price this morning.............. with meat on the bone for flipping culling and stacking of two collections bought by !!

    cash out of the safe today................... $13.5k and 8.25K..asking was $15k and $10k... seller was fair, we have traded in the past 4 or 5 years at least that many times..... i hope my eyes, GUT, and education and other, treat me well on this deal..it should..

    i still always wonder what the seller to me paid for the 2 collections i repurchased.. wish i were them, as i often am on buys..not today i was the 3rd party here...

    so what will be going into the safes after processing thee 2 collections, that not sure yet.... small but cool collections...

    INCT

  6. #5556
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    SCORED today...how fitting for super bowl sunday,

    INCT
    Though I'm not and never took the time (the MOST valuable asset) to become a networking, searcher, eyes always open for things of interest your finds sound very cool.
    Like you say lay out "x" sure but hopefully more times than not get that "x" back and with still "y" for you to decide what to do with.
    I try to most Sundays give myself an "off" day (I've decided I deserve it).
    Sifting through some Bullion or Coins would be cool right about now.
    Anyway ... someday maybe I'll get into the "other" aspect of the Investment / Insurance / Hobby.

  7. #5557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    SCORED today...how fitting for super bowl sunday,

    i believe i paid a fair price this morning.............. with meat on the bone for flipping culling and stacking of two collections bought by !!

    cash out of the safe today................... $13.5k and 8.25K..asking was $15k and $10k... seller was fair, we have traded in the past 4 or 5 years at least that many times..... i hope my eyes, GUT, and education and other, treat me well on this deal..it should..

    i still always wonder what the seller to me paid for the 2 collections i repurchased.. wish i were them, as i often am on buys..not today i was the 3rd party here...

    so what will be going into the safes after processing thee 2 collections, that not sure yet.... small but cool collections...
    Captain...for the deals you do, your idea of 'small' as noted above is probably about equal to my entire stack, LOL.

  8. #5558

    Default

    Nice score on a Medallic silver medal.
    $22.70 for 134 grams. Although it appeared silver, took a gamble on it as seller did not specify on .999
    As expected it was marked .999 fine silver on the rim. Wish I could get these deals more often .............

    silver.jpg
    Last edited by High Chaparral; 02-02-2015 at 07:30 PM.
    1835 Andrew Jackson had US debt at ZERO $0
    175 YEARS later .......
    2008 Owebama started at $10 TRILLION, left 2016 at $20 TRILLION
    So from 2008 - 2021 (13 years) added $20 TRILLION

    https://youtu.be/1kuTG19Cu_Q

  9. #5559

    Default

    Picked up this unique piece today from my LCS. 16.5+ Troy of .999 anode silver. About as thick as an ASE. Kind of ugly in my opinion, but I don't have anything else like it, and it was less than $17 an ounce.






  10. #5560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbsound View Post
    Picked up this unique piece today from my LCS. 16.5+ Troy of .999 anode silver. About as thick as an ASE. Kind of ugly in my opinion, but I don't have anything else like it, and it was less than $17 an ounce.







    Silver anode - used in silver plating (the item being plated is the cathode).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •