Page 53 of 965 FirstFirst ... 3434748495051525354555657585963103153553 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 9641

Thread: Latest score

  1. #521

    Default

    Some nice scores at great prices

    Colin, enjoy the pennies ... I think

  2. #522

    Default

    Received the first coin of the O'Canada series.
    "The right leg isn't silly at all and the left leg merely does a forward aerial half turn every alternative step"

  3. #523

    Default

    I grabbed my first 5 Philharmonics today at +3.

  4. #524

    Default

    Picked up my first 90% today; a few rolls of Rose/Merc mixed dimes. Normally just stack ASE's bc I get them at spot but the old US coinage was calling my name today.
    "Gentlemen, gentlemen, be of good cheer for they are out there and we are in here..."

  5. #525

    Default

    Just won my first 'junk' coin on ebay, $3.2 underspot !? It seems too good to be true?



    The coin is 10g 0.835. So 8.35g of silver.
    Is there a catch or was it just a good deal? Even if the coin is not in perfect state, im not loosing right?

  6. #526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBroke View Post
    Just won my first 'junk' coin on ebay, $3.2 underspot !? It seems too good to be true?



    The coin is 10g 0.835. So 8.35g of silver.
    Is there a catch or was it just a good deal? Even if the coin is not in perfect state, im not loosing right?
    Bullion value: 8.51 USD how much is shipping? not to dampen your excitement, but, just remember that you will sacrifice a good percentage of the actual melt value when you decide to sell it. individual, foreign coins unless they have numismatic value are not as well recognized in the states and often buyers will low ball you because these get sent to the refineries for melting. you may only get 50% of melt for it unless you resell on ebay and then you have those costs to deal with.
    Last edited by maxwellsilverhammer; 02-05-2013 at 09:05 AM.

  7. #527

    Default

    I'm a small stacker. Yesterday a 1990 proof eagle for $55, no shipping, no tax, off Craigslist. Thought that was a fair price.

  8. #528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newstacker View Post
    I'm a small stacker. Yesterday a 1990 proof eagle for $55, no shipping, no tax, off Craigslist. Thought that was a fair price.
    so, being new to the game, you are already moving into numismatic purchasing direction? tread lightly grasshopper. lots of people overpay before they have lots of years of research and training. if you have done due dilligence and the price is right, then congratulations. good fortune to you and keep stacking.

  9. #529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    Bullion value: 8.51 USD how much is shipping? not to dampen your excitement, but, just remember that you will sacrifice a good percentage of the actual melt value when you decide to sell it. individual, foreign coins unless they have numismatic value are not as well recognized in the states and often buyers will low ball you because these get sent to the refineries for melting. you may only get 50% of melt for it unless you resell on ebay and then you have those costs to deal with.
    Thank you for the answer!
    To be clear, i'm from Belgium (same as the coin) and i actually buy the coin 5.7€ shipped. It is a demonatized coin here with not much numismatic value i think.
    I don't intend to melt it, i was just wondering if it has as good value as Mapple Leafs, ASE...etc investment coins?

  10. #530

    Default

    Trying to fill out my dad's old collection with some missing dates. I also found a guy who will sell rounds at a dollar over spot, thought that's pretty good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •