Page 51 of 965 FirstFirst ... 414546474849505152535455565761101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest score

Three one ounce bars - one Morgan and two Prospectors. Also checked out a new LCS and bought a few bucks in quarters. He has a French gold piece(.182) that I was looking at but decided to sleep on it.

I did talk to him a bit and apparently KC is sort of not so good for this. Not a whole lot of stores and hardly ever any coin shows. Odd because across the state in St Louis business seems to be jumping.
    "The right leg isn't silly at all and the left leg merely does a forward aerial half turn every alternative step"

Picked up some junk and some maples. Really getting into the silver dollars and half dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    Amen brother...

.....though i prefer my junk in EF45 and up, to hold anyway..culled and slicker junk, ??...well it is junk and less so, if bought by weight and not X face...love my .999 but 90% has great results when bought raw and fresh to the market... nothing sweeter then sorting 90% and pulling numi's..

INCT
    EF+ is ideal but sometime I might lower my picks to VF+. The fun of buying junk is fondling silver coins in the junk bin and pick out the keepers. I don't buy junk by bags or pick VG or lower. Unfortunately one of my lcs is a true numi guy and he go thru his new buys before placing them in the bin but I have gotten lucky a few time. Too bad u live across the border or I would compete with your buyers
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 01-31-2013 at 09:49 PM.

No score, just bought 30 ounces from Goldmart.

I bought two Peace dollars from the Ted Binion collection.
    "The right leg isn't silly at all and the left leg merely does a forward aerial half turn every alternative step"

10oz Engelhard loaf bar for $360 shipped. I'm addicted to these type of bars!

Here's a pic of what the 50oz looks like (not of the actual bar). It's ~$1640 at my LCS and I so tempted to grab it.

Last edited by 93_Confirmed; 02-01-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Default Latest addition

Nothing special, got the quarter for face.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 93_Confirmed View Post
    10oz Engelhard loaf bar for $360 shipped. I'm addicted to these type of bars!

Here's a pic of what the 50oz looks like (not of the actual bar). It's ~$1640 at my LCS and I so tempted to grab it.

Have a bar like that for $1640 exactly at my LCS too haha. Tempted but can't really afford it right now

I answered a craigslist ad today for three gold coins.
    5 dollars bank of nauru
    10 dollars Liberia
    25 dollars Liberia.
    The guy had em up for $90 last week which is about what they are worth in gold. This week I seen that he dropped the price to $75, so I was sittin here ready to write him an email and noticed he dropped the price to $60. Killer deal !
    So I meet him at his house where I notice he had collected quite a bit of Fenton glass, the good stuff which is still worth something. I commented on how I liked his collection and let him know that if he had any other silver or gold coins that I'd be interested. So he begins too tell me that the glass was from his aunt's estate who had recently passed away. He says he may have lots more coins to sell. He tells me that after his aunt passed his dad found a letter that was addressed to him. In that letter she tells him that she had hidden some coins in the crawl space and that they were now his. This guy tells me that it took three days for them to find and dig them all up, that they had to rent and filled four of the largest safe deposit boxes down town. That after a rough estimate they believe the total value of the collection is around $583,000 .
    DOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well why everyone posts about their 20/50/100oz bars I'll brag about my 1g purchase on ebay that I made

Not sure if it's really considered a 'score' but I picked up 40 1g rounds from BelAir Mint (20 Kookaburras & 20 Dragons) for $59 shipped ($1.47 per). I think it was a pretty good deal since it can be difficult to find 1g pieces for under $2/per shipped.

Why did I buy these? I have no clue.
    Last edited by NjStacker22; 02-01-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    "Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves."