Page 506 of 965 FirstFirst ... 6406456496500501502503504505506507508509510511512516556606 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 9641

Thread: Latest score

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Gone View Post
    Just picked up from a local source...one that I visit every 6 to 8 weeks....80 Morgan and peace dollars grading XF and above for $15.50 each. Also snatched a few 90% quarters and halves for $13 face. Wish I could make this deal every day, but have to give time for the store to reload. Both sides happy with the exchange......so no worries.
    $15.5 a piece is insanely good and even moreso with the grading. Wow. I'm curious to know why he would sell those so low. The best I can get locally is $22 a piece for Peace and $25 for Morgans!
    "Supply is ever decreasing, demand is ever increasing - the stuff in between is just noise." - Lokii

Quote Originally Posted by 93_Confirmed View Post
    $15.5 a piece is insanely good and even moreso with the grading. Wow. I'm curious to know why he would sell those so low. The best I can get locally is $22 a piece for Peace and $25 for Morgans!
    A very successful jewelry shop that buys unwanted gold and silver on the side. They are buying cheep I suppose and have no real interest beyond the melt value. They do great with the jewelry and getting full premiums on coins is not their bag. They also have a large drum full of antique silver that I pick from time to time. My guess is they are buying Morgans at about 80% of melt. So why do they sell to me so low??? First I ask, they make a few bucks and move on. Keep in mind these coins are not on display in the store. I walk in and ask if they have anything interesting, and he pulls this stuff from the back, from his out of sight inventory. So not actively for sale....that is why I ask.

I never seem to get outstanding deals from stores that display their silver dollars for what that is worth.

Just picked up from a local source...one that I visit every 6 to 8 weeks....80 Morgan and peace dollars grading XF and above for $15.50 each. Also snatched a few 90% quarters and halves for $13 face. Wish I could make this deal every day, but have to give time for the store to reload. Both sides happy with the exchange......so no worries.
    Congratulations Dog Gone, Nice buy !

I would not mind finding some XF Morgans for 15.50 ea.
    "Every generation needs a new revolution" Thomas Jefferson.

LCS dropped his 90% from $14 to $13. I grabbed $6 face + 1 circ ASE for $97.
    "Supply is ever decreasing, demand is ever increasing - the stuff in between is just noise." - Lokii

[QUOTE=Dog Gone;2342613]A very successful jewelry shop that buys unwanted gold and silver on the side. They are buying cheep I suppose and have no real interest beyond the melt value. They do great with the jewelry and getting full premiums on coins is not their bag. They also have a large drum full of antique silver that I pick from time to time. My guess is they are buying Morgans at about 80% of melt. So why do they sell to me so low??? First I ask, they make a few bucks and move on. Keep in mind these coins are not on display in the store. I walk in and ask if they have anything interesting, and he pulls this stuff from the back, from his out of sight inventory. So not actively for sale....that is why I ask.

I never seem to get outstanding deals from stores that display their silver dollars for what that is worth

Sounds like you are the only dog buying bones from them.. if they sell estate jewelry on the bay,or anything related to what they buy from the walk in patrons, and they may not sell on ebay.. i have no idea....surprised they don't resell them there at more profit....or have a listing source on the bay...

most every venue i walk into, be it jewelry stores that buy, or LCS or pawns...or other? even!, and i do walk in to many.....all still sell and have morgans in one box, peace dollars in another and morgans at 21-35 as circs...and peace SD's 19-27.50 circs.. you found a great boneyard!!

INCT

Default Small Haul

Scored this for $28.00.

1908 Barber Half
    1945 Walker Half
    1915 Barber Quarter
    1887 Seated Liberty Dime
    1908, 1912, 1913, 1913 Barber Dimes
    1919, 1926, 1936, 1942, 1945 Mercury Dimes
    1943 Canadian Dime

Thrown into the deal gratis:
    1876, 1905, 1905 Nickels and something that looks Greek to me 50 somethings 1966.

I bought thre kilos from JM Bullion the othe day under sixteen.

They also have a large drum full of antique silver that I pick from time to time.
    I'd love to find a local place with antique/older silver bullion at the price of generics. I love the older pieces, and hate to think they are being destroyed. Like one of those places who buys them for the scrap and intends to just send them to the refiner to be melted for spot price but will sell to me for the same or just a bit more. I've seen several mentions on here about shops with "buckets" of silver that you can just pick through, occasionally finding some rare gems! I wouldn't think a coin or bullion shop would be a good source as they likely could spot rares and resell for the premium they command. Maybe a pawn shop is better? Any suggestions? Maybe if I actually looked I'd find a place like that...
    Last edited by MrFurley; 11-03-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Got my weekly 2014 Silver Eagle...$ 19.62

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeconn View Post
    Scored this for $28.00.

1908 Barber Half
    1945 Walker Half
    1915 Barber Quarter
    1887 Seated Liberty Dime
    1908, 1912, 1913, 1913 Barber Dimes
    1919, 1926, 1936, 1942, 1945 Mercury Dimes
    1943 Canadian Dime

Thrown into the deal gratis:
    1876, 1905, 1905 Nickels and something that looks Greek to me 50 somethings 1966.

Nice pick up
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon