Page 503 of 964 FirstFirst ... 3403453493497498499500501502503504505506507508509513553603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 9638

Thread: Latest score

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post

I could not find information on the weight of this one ... but I found the weight on another in the series and it was over 40 grams of sterling... at any rate I imagine this is pretty close. got if for $13.06 shipped. would love any input on this item as old sterling Pendants are not usually my thing.
    ok... only 15 grams. but the company is from Wallingford Connecticut and I know we have several people from Connecticut on the forum... So I wonder 1. have you heard of Wallace silvers smiths? 2. Are they still around? 3. Do they have a following?

Thing came in the original packaging and I wonder if there are numbers on how many were made etc. But I could not find anything on them... I found another medal that had a Christmas theme that weighed 40 grams + but it was not this one ( I knew that going in). The weight of the thingis not posted on any of the package... which I found interesting. It is a cool piece though and $13 was a fun gamble
    No regrets.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

ok... only 15 grams. but the company is from Wallingford Connecticut and I know we have several people from Connecticut on the forum... So I wonder 1. have you heard of Wallace silvers smiths? 2. Are they still around? 3. Do they have a following?

Thing came in the original packaging and I wonder if there are numbers on how many were made etc. But I could not find anything on them... I found another medal that had a Christmas theme that weighed 40 grams + but it was not this one ( I knew that going in). The weight of the thingis not posted on any of the package... which I found interesting. It is a cool piece though and $13 was a fun gamble
    No regrets.
    yes have heard of them of course...wallace itself was out of business or bought out by hamilton watch in like 1965??.. lifetime brands owns or owned them them, and they are in MA or NY ??? somewhere..... they may still make tableware and silver plate?? even sterling maybe i think...mostly i beieve "household" items in the non precious metal market josh...

ihave bins of old wallace items.. some sweet, a lot of plate..

INVT

No regrets.
    http://www.silversuperstore.com/orna...christmas.html

INVT

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    yes have heard of them of course...wallace itself was out of business or bought out by hamilton watch in like 1965??.. lifetime brands owns or owned them them, and they are in MA or NY ??? somewhere..... they may still make tableware and silver plate?? even sterling maybe i think...mostly i beieve "household" items in the non precious metal market josh...

ihave bins of old wallace items.. some sweet, a lot of plate..

INVT
    Thank you Captain... Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained,aye ? Got a hunk of Sterling that could make for a fine surprise for the wife on X-mas day and since it is solid sterling... could have dual purpose at a later time. 1. I could not have bought a similar item for less retail 2. I can actually shine this hunk of silver :P
    Last edited by windweaver77; 10-26-2014 at 03:48 PM.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Thank you Captain... Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained,aye ? Got a hunk of Sterling that could make for a fine surprise for the wife on X-mas day and since it is solid sterling... could have dual purpose at a later time.
    the Xmas ornaments offered over the years are on our decorated x-mas trees every year, and family's and friends.... we still give them as gifts often in season..from the bins still!!

INVT

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    the Xmas ornaments offered over the years are on our decorated x-mas trees every year, and family's and friends.... we still give them as gifts often in season..from the bins still!!

INVT
    I am certain they are well received as... astetically it is not unpleasant... I imagine using it as a medallion for a necklace worn while divvying the gifts out every year... My wife does love to dress for an occasion... Thsi could be a traditional part of the attire. But it can also be an ornament or mantel piece according to the fun insert in the packaging haha. Multipurpose and an antique ( only technically) to boot. Still, if only it had been that 40 gram piece haha. :P thanks for all the help el capitan... got my first shipment of those 1600's coins yesterday...

Man they are legit and they are cool.

I am certain they are well received as... astetically it is not unpleasant... I imagine using it as a medallion for a necklace worn while divvying the gifts out every year... My wife does love to dress for an occasion... Thsi could be a traditional part of the attire. But it can also be an ornament or mantel piece according to the fun insert in the packaging haha. Multipurpose and an antique ( only technically) to boot. Still, if only it had been that 40 gram piece haha. :P thanks for all the help el capitan... got my first shipment of those 1600's coins yesterday...

Man they are legit and they are cool.
    i like you sir, enjoy the varied older coinage from ancient to midevil..always cool sheeeeet!! BC to 1600's..need not be silver or gold... i too find myself buying too many when seen, for the most part i can diffrentiate real from fabbed... i do well with them, i am trying to be a better authority on them, but man a lot of content and geography!!!, even over 35 years of playing with them.... i tend to acquire and hold onto a few hundred if it takes months or a couple years.......then at somepoint find the time to go through them, culling them and reselling the culls... keeping the creme..
    now with grandkids i tend to research more and put away for the kids...

INVT

Hello Captain,The rifle I looked at and had a chance to shoot, also had matching numbers. This gentleman had the box mag and 2 rotary mags. I was shooting at 100 yds with iron sites that were tuned in. I had 4inch and 5 inch groupings...not bad for the distance and iron..no?

Everything here is honkie dorie, I will not have the home in the woods finished until the spring. I cleared 3/4 of an acre, put road in, septic ( sand mound), well and electric was ran. I have the footings, sewer line electric water lines all ran to where home will be. It is a modular.

When you deal with these rural small towns, getting a permits is not like NYC. The person who approves permits, also is the inspector, town supervisor and works a regular job, he is in office 1 day a week for 3 hours. It took me almost 2 months just to get permits, then the electric Co. was another story...anyway, just have to have home delivered to site and put together. When I had my business in NY, it was easier to get permits in City limits than up here. The life style up here is a nice relaxed pace, plus where I am very rarely hear a car, except for mailman and an occasional delivery. Summer you may see 10 to 12 cars in a day go buy, across from me is a 768 acre farm. It is no longer a working farm, I hardly ever see the family unless they stop by or visa verse. I was told that the land has been in the family for 128 years... He will never sell even an acre, which makes me happy!!!

I would of liked to be living there right now, There is only one other person who spends winter in area. The roads west of me, which are all dirt, get closed for winter, ( no plowing). They are one lane and all step mountain roads. Just what the Doctor ordered. I have a 16 x 20 shed/ cabin I built with wood stove water and electric, may stay up there for a couple months this winter. I felled 47 trees, sold most kept 6 cords, all split and ready for stove.

Plenty of deer, turkey, bear, rabbits etc for some good game meat. I did build a small range for sighting in hand guns and long arms, it is nice to dump 10 or 12 40 rd AK 47 mags, a good tension reliever.

My closest neighbor is approximately 4/10 of a mile, he is the closest. Hope to put a pond in too, have a Koi pond at present home for many years...want to build them a 24'x 40' pond 6 to 10' deep, plenty of rock to make waterfalls and walls.

Town population according to 12 year old census is or was 348, now it is 349.

Hopefully next year I will see you up there ?
    Last edited by Gliss; 10-26-2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: correct grammar error
    "Every generation needs a new revolution" Thomas Jefferson.

Got my weekly Silver Eagle today...$20.65.....$3.50 over spot.

Tiny Score from a garage sale:

1 Morgan 1889 well worn
    2 90% halves
    5 40% halves
    1 90% quarter
    2 90% dimes
    for $25.

And THEN he pulled out the real deal:
    16 1985 Engelhard prospectors looking like they day they were made
    3 Morgan in VF or better condition
    14 Peace in VF or better
    Another 2 90% Halves
    6 40% Halves
    20 90% Quarters
    2 War Nicks.

Haven't bought the second lot yet, need to scratch up the cash. Figuring on offering $400 and then flipping the Engelhards to pay for the 90%.