Page 5 of 963 FirstFirst 12345678910111555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest score

Quote Originally Posted by SteelandSilver View Post
    I'm confused.?
    Me to why would a LCS sell at face value, let alone anything at face value? How do they keep the doors open? Makes no sense? Smells fishy!
    Last edited by Silverxxx; 09-06-2012 at 10:53 PM.

This will never happen again but maybe cause it was my bday today. A single yard sale on a thursday headed to work. Stopped in and the guy was looking in a small box of coins. I asked if he was selling them and he said $60 for them all. I started to look through them and they were all really old. Most not US. I picked out two and he said no, All for $60. So I bought them. The oldest was a 1776 Spanish coin, in excellent condition. Some that were there were a 1800 Half dime. It is worn, but you can see the whole date.1833 Half dime. There were 20 coins all together. 1820 half crown, some other spanish coins from the 1790's, 1884, 1883, 2x 1877 cananda 5 cent piece. Some $2 indian head pennies. and a 1932 columbia silver coin. I have alot of research to do. LCS offered $1600 for all. I only sold the 1884 and 83 canadian ones for $140.00. This was the best thing I have ever found! I dont know if I should sell this half dime or keep it. Its awsome holding something this old!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovensky3 View Post
    ...All for $60. So I bought them. The oldest was a 1776 Spanish coin, in excellent condition. Some that were there were a 1800 Half dime. It is worn, but you can see the whole date.1833 Half dime. There were 20 coins all together. 1820 half crown, some other spanish coins from the 1790's, 1884, 1883, 2x 1877 cananda 5 cent piece. Some $2 indian head pennies. and a 1932 columbia silver coin.
    Wow! Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by kylesmth View Post
    Picked up a 1/20 oz. Gold panda from a guy on kijiji for $90

Also, got my first JM 10 oz. Bar for 350 from lcs

How did I do?
    You probably beat working through the mail after shipping. Not bad at all IMO and you didn't have to wait on the bar at least Is kijiji like craigslist or more like ebay? not familiar with it...
    A mountain tree if it would see
    The far horizons and the stars,
    May never know a sheltered place
    Nor grow symmetrical in grace.
    Such trees must battle doggedly
    the blasts, and bear the scars.
    ‑Loyal Marion Thompson

Kijiji is like a more popular version of craigslist here in Canada

Kijiji is like a more popular version of craigslist here in Canada
    thankyou
    A mountain tree if it would see
    The far horizons and the stars,
    May never know a sheltered place
    Nor grow symmetrical in grace.
    Such trees must battle doggedly
    the blasts, and bear the scars.
    ‑Loyal Marion Thompson

Same guy has some 1/10 oz gold maples for 200 should I pick one up or spend the money on more silver?

Same guy has some 1/10 oz gold maples for 200 should I pick one up or spend the money on more silver?
    i would think at $200 ea, not a super deal??? maybe at $180???

silver may have the better upside still in my thoughts.. as always opinion is mine....action is yours after your research..
    good luck

INCT

Default bad deal

you can get US $5 gold commems (.242oz) for much closer to spot. or go for more silver if you don't want to spend for gold.

18 ASEs for 600. First time buying of of cl. 5 min from my work so I went for it.