Page 460 of 965 FirstFirst ... 360410450454455456457458459460461462463464465466470510560960 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 9641

Thread: Latest score

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    There are still a few more coins I bid on that I may end up winning... this is the latest... all auctions end though in the next few days and I am not bidding on anything else ...

Here is what $3.50 will get you now adays

Country Sweden
    Years 1751-1768
    Value 2 Öre Silfwermynt (1/32)
    Metal Copper
    Weight 28.3 g
    Diameter 33.7 mm
    Thickness 3.9 mm
    Shape Round
    http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces28457.html
    http://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/w...06-duid-197357 Only a few more small purchases I could be making... but from a numismatic stand point my bids are low... Gonna kill my cost average on the silver with a few of these though
    This thing came in today... I must say I am impressed !!!! The thing is thick and heavy... It would injure some one if I lobbed it at them. Hellah cool hunk of copper. Possibly my favorite so far.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Got this in the mail today in a trade with an Instagram user for an old Connecticut trolley fare token I had laying around. I'll probably trade it for a '64 next time I hit up my LCS because I'm OCD like that.

The beard has turned into the padded bra of masculinity. There's a whole generation running around looking like lumberjacks, and most of you can't change a tire.

You did check the book on it right ? I show $9 - $16 for that ! Just saying seventy four years old.

I own one CML which I bought for 30 bucks a few years ago... it was a 1993 as I recall. So what year are yours? Mine looks a lot like this...
    Country Canada
    Years 1990-2003
    Value 5 Dollars
    5 CAD = 4.56 USD
    Metal Silver (.9999)
    Weight 31.104 g
    Diameter 38 mm
    Thickness 3.29 mm
    Engraver Dora de Pédery-Hunt
    Shape Round

http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces6735.html
    Dont know what year yet! I will know when they arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by billfaith View Post
    Dont know what year yet! I will know when they arrive.
    keeeep us posted :P

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    some unwise individual raided or stole someones collection and is using it for laundry I would bet. shame on them and good for you. a whole different class of individuals and mindsets I think for the most part. please do not take exception to this if you are someone that uses laundry facilities open to the public. I did say "for the most part"
    It is a public facility, and I have gotten to know the owner of the place. He's an older gentleman, easily old enough to remember when there was silver in the coins. He is the only person that has the key(s) to access the 2 quarter machines (and subsequent washers and dryers that house other people's quarters in exchange for washing, drying and other items like vending machines) on site. It's likely too time consuming for him to check every quarter he gets via the services he provides as he likely has bills to pay from that in the form of rent, electric (since he's open 24-7), etc.

I know if I owned a laundromat though, I would check every quarter I get, because you never know. Especially with the hot streak I am on currently...
    $x2 Silver Quarter x2

There are still a few more coins I bid on that I may end up winning... this is the latest... all auctions end though in the next few days and I am not bidding on anything else ...

Here is what $3.50 will get you now adays

Country Sweden
    Years 1751-1768
    Value 2 Öre Silfwermynt (1/32)
    Metal Copper
    Weight 28.3 g
    Diameter 33.7 mm
    Thickness 3.9 mm
    Shape Round
    http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces28457.html
    http://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/w...06-duid-197357 Only a few more small purchases I could be making... but from a numismatic stand point my bids are low... Gonna kill my cost average on the silver with a few of these though
    Another update... sort of... So I though this one was neat so I showed it around at work... I got several offers for it... but no interest at all in the much nicer 1770 20 Kreuzer, oh well. One person offered me twenty bucks for the thing... I told them sold haha. First time I have ever sold a coin. I have traded before... like when I traded that 11th century Indian coin for a 19th century print worth about four times as much.. But actually selling it was a good therapeutic step for me.. I did not want to sell it. But for 5 times what I paid and twice book I kinda had to.

Quetion is .. can I replace it for a portion of that twenty haha.. should I ?

Another update... sort of... So I though this one was neat so I showed it around at work... I got several offers for it... but no interest at all in the much nicer 1770 20 Kreuzer, oh well. One person offered me twenty bucks for the thing... I told them sold haha. First time I have ever sold a coin. I have traded before... like when I traded that 11th century Indian coin for a 19th century print worth about four times as much.. But actually selling it was a good therapeutic step for me.. I did not want to sell it. But for 5 times what I paid and twice book I kinda had to.

Quetion is .. can I replace it for a portion of that twenty haha.. should I ?
    ok, so the other night when I was showing coins around one of the gals at work told me about her grandfather. She was a first generation American from a German family. Her grandfather was captured by the Russian army in Prussia. He had grown up in East Prussia (Polish Corridor) and had joined the third Reich after the oppression he and his family felt they experienced when Poland was granted the region in the treaty of Versailles. Long story short... after the Russians got grandpa, he was never seen again. Grandma came to the United States with her children. Two daughters one of which mothered the co-worker...

Long story short I told her I would bring in all my Prussian and some German coins from the time frame her grandmother lived in. I brought in 4 copper coins from Prussia dating back as far as 1778 .. The newest being from 1851. I had purchased these in a lot of silver... I get a lot of old copper coins with silver coins as "pot sweetners". So I am a soft touch... after she told me how much gram gram would love the coins... I sol them to her at about half of the book value and gave her a 10 pfennig bank note from 1920 for free as well as several one and 50 pfennig coins from the 50's and a 1921 50 pfennig in very nice condition for free. I also sold her a 1937 10 pfennig which happened to be her aunts birth year...

Long story short I got about 3.5 times what I paid for the coins... and she got a half off sale.. and the free stuff I mentioned. Plus I am getting more comfortable selling coins..

I guess this is a reverse score? The lady was tickled pink and promised to let me know what gram gram thought.

Picked up 6 bucks face of 90% in a shop in Pennsylvania at 14 x face. It's a better price than I am used to. When I got home and figured it up, turned out I was paying about 95% melt. Don't know if the deals are always this good in that area, or if I walked into the one store that had great prices.
    Last edited by rdcanecutter; 08-10-2014 at 11:11 PM.

Just picked up 19oz of numis this week. These are a couple of them...

Won this one for $5.52 shipped. There wasn't mention of silver anywhere in the description/title. I believe the 1943 Fiji Florin and the 1932 honduras 50 centavos equal .50oz of silver. That would be $11/oz. If anyone sees anything else in that pic let me know. I don't have it in my hands yet and the pic is hard to read.

1827, 1830 and 1852 Mexican 2 Reales silver coins. Paid $8.27 shipped for all 3. Silver content is around .58oz, so about $14.25/oz

1884, 1890, 1910, 1916 and 1941 UK One Shilling. Paid, no joke $10.40 shipped. Silver content around .75oz ---13.87/oz

And what week wouldn't be complete without 1988 Canadian Olympic Silver Coins. These coins seem abundant here in Canada. I believe the taxation on sterling keeps these guys unpopular. I bought these for $34.84 or $17.42/oz

Not every purchase I made were this good. I did pay over spot for a few items, but these cheaper buys help me get premium coins I wouldn't normally buy.

Overall my 19oz's had a DCA of $21.30/oz