Page 457 of 965 FirstFirst ... 357407447451452453454455456457458459460461462463467507557957 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 9641

Thread: Latest score

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainW View Post
    Nice bonus. I wasn't aware of that option.
    Me either. That sounds like a sweet flipping opportunity. What'd you pay per round if you don't mind me asking?

There are still a few more coins I bid on that I may end up winning... this is the latest... all auctions end though in the next few days and I am not bidding on anything else ...

Here is what $3.50 will get you now adays

Country Sweden
    Years 1751-1768
    Value 2 Íre Silfwermynt (1/32)
    Metal Copper
    Weight 28.3 g
    Diameter 33.7 mm
    Thickness 3.9 mm
    Shape Round
    http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces28457.html
    http://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/w...06-duid-197357 Only a few more small purchases I could be making... but from a numismatic stand point my bids are low... Gonna kill my cost average on the silver with a few of these though
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Picked these guys up this morning at my LCS for 15.5x FV. I also got another '64 on the way via USPS because I traded a user on Instagram an old Connecticut trolley token for it. Already an 8th of the way to a roll of 1964 Washington quarters.
    The beard has turned into the padded bra of masculinity. There's a whole generation running around looking like lumberjacks, and most of you can't change a tire.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMarsh View Post
    Me either. That sounds like a sweet flipping opportunity. What'd you pay per round if you don't mind me asking?

its the generics they buy back, i paid $21.10 per round. also got a few maple leafs and some other collectable rounds that are flippable.

last time i bought these i got all buffalo
    Retired in 2009 at 39 years old, what day is today

Quote Originally Posted by FarMoreBadass View Post

Picked these guys up this morning at my LCS for 15.5x FV. I also got another '64 on the way via USPS because I traded a user on Instagram an old Connecticut trolley token for it. Already an 8th of the way to a roll of 1964 Washington quarters.
    Then you will go with a roll of 32-63 as well?

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

last weekend I picked up 45 Franklin Mint bicentennial state rounds = 32.8 grams each for $760 and the guy tossed in a portable scale.
    Today I picked up a 14k gold figaro bracelet which weighs 8.8 grams for $176.
    Both off of a facebook barter board.

No clue. I'm just weird and like to stack rolls with same dates. I got a roll of 2014 ASE's, 1964 JFK's, 1963 Franklin's and now this one. Gonna start a tube of 2014 1/10th oz AGE's soon too.
    The beard has turned into the padded bra of masculinity. There's a whole generation running around looking like lumberjacks, and most of you can't change a tire.

ok got this, last purchase for a while... ( description fr0m http://www.chiefacoins.com/Database/...udi_Arabia.htm ) 1 Ghirsh (piastre). Year: AH1346 (1928). Weight: 6.45g. Metal: Copper-Nickel. Diameter: 26.00 mm. Edge: Plain. Alignment: Medal. Mint: N/A. Obverse: value in written with date. Reverse: King of Hejaz, Nejd and dependencies (top) - Abdul Aziz Al-Saud (bottom). Mintage: 3,000,000. Minted Years: One year type. Ruler: Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahman bin Faisal Al-Saud.
    Cost me $3.50

Country Saudi Arabia
    Year 1346 (1928)
    Calendar Islamic
    Value 1 Qirsh (1/22)
    Metal Copper-nickel
    Diameter 26 mm
    Shape Round
    http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces11708.html

For anyone wondering "why would he buy that CUNI coin for $3.50... well that was my max bid and I bid on dozens of coins and well look here. http://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/w...38-duid-150135

I am fairly certain it grades above VG-8 and even if it doesn't I did fine at $3.50. coin was mislabeled and is actually KM#9
    Last edited by windweaver77; 08-02-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarMoreBadass View Post
    No clue. I'm just weird and like to stack rolls with same dates. I got a roll of 2014 ASE's, 1964 JFK's, 1963 Franklin's and now this one. Gonna start a tube of 2014 1/10th oz AGE's soon too.
    sounds pretty cool man.. One day I might end up with a tube of 1877 quarters. I find they go for less money than most of the other seated dates haha. Most of my seated quarters are from 1877 including both of my CC ones. Could just be my screen name making this happen though ... not sure.

Stopped by my LCS to scratch the silver itch, since prices have come down a bit. Picked out a roll of 20 A-Mark 1983 rounds for $439, or $1.65 over spot. Took a look in their generic box and found a circulated 1996 ASE, so I grabbed that and asked for my total. Shopkeeper tells me $450, which I hand over. I think they added wrong, so my 21 oz's came down to $1.13 over spot. I can probably flip the ASE for $30 or more.

I also stopped at a gold buying place and picked up 2 rolls of Franklin halves at 15.5 x face, which is ok, but the guy didn't have change (I had $10 coming back to me) so he threw in 3 Washington quarters to make up the difference.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.