Page 450 of 965 FirstFirst ... 350400440444445446447448449450451452453454455456460500550950 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 9649

Thread: Latest score

Picked up a roll of 1942 Walking Liberty halves the other day at $2 over spot. All appear to be XF. Also picked up 8 Franklins in similar condition. My OCD will force me to run over to my LCS this morning to complete the roll...

1942 Halves.jpg

No luck today. :-( Swung by an auction this morning because it had some equipment I wanted to look at and I noticed the had 20 SAE's up. Sold for $27.00 each, plus 10% buyers, PLUS 9.5% sales tax. So about $32.50.
    It was a little old man that tottered up to the table and placed that bid. He hadn't registered for a bidder number so wonder if he was even aware of the tax and BP.

Quote Originally Posted by 22pistol View Post
    No luck today. :-( Swung by an auction this morning because it had some equipment I wanted to look at and I noticed the had 20 SAE's up. Sold for $27.00 each, plus 10% buyers, PLUS 9.5% sales tax. So about $32.50.
    It was a little old man that tottered up to the table and placed that bid. He hadn't registered for a bidder number so wonder if he was even aware of the tax and BP.
    i bet it was far from his 1st auction...maybe more likely his 1st silver purchase,, but who knows his motivation,,often at an auction i do not grab a paddle nor rgister my name initially, thinking not of buying....then something comes up, bids are low,or the object or lot goes or seems to be going for a good value, and we jump in and bid with out a bidders number and then register.. a common practice....even if frowned at some larger higher grade auctions..

hard to say, but having been at hundreds, most likely over a thousand auctions i suppose over 35 years, that is how i would interpret that scene..

or maybe the old man knows something suggesting silver will ride high ...even in his lifetime..

INMO

yesterday in smalltown missouri, we stopped at severl garage and tag sales...we hit one area where there were 5 tags sales in one neighborhood...after a peruse of the items and schmoozzing with one of the home owners talk went from our ride, to his items.. he had some foreign coins, tokens and several albums filled with pennies and dimes, quarters and halfs..looks like they were put away prior to 1971... i bought all, as i was paying him he questioned if i knew coins and collected them..... i said i do..

after a short 5 minutes he came out with a bit more.

from well graded & slabbed, to unreadable coinage in a box... as i rummaged and saw nothing super special, but non the less coinage and numismatics and bread and butter for the bay and or coin show sales, he asked if i was interested in all... no sooner did i say i could be sure, he asked if $1000 would buy them................

he grossly underpriced his thought by at least 2-3K, as far as if sold on the bay or to keep as stock for coin shows...
    after a double check, i offered him $1750.00 and the deal was done..,, after my wife paid him, he went in and brought out another small box....all older silver coins, again nothing special, a few numis but mostly just pretty pre 65.. about 4.5 lbs worth.. he "would not take any money" for the last box he just offered and said to take them with the rest....he was told a year or so ago, by someone, that the coins held no real value.

we saw both side of the SHOW ME STATE there at that neighborhood sale.. we ended up 15 minutes later, at the local USPS office, just as they were closing, mailing back items to Connecticut from fri and sat's little scores from garage and tag sales...fun stuff.. as always..

INMO

1- 1/2 oz bullion round $11.50 3 rolls of xf mercs $80 each. Alittle more than I would have liked on the dimes but I'm cool since there xf which I believe one day could fetch big premiums.

Picked up two men's wedding bands 7.25 grams of 10k off of a facebook barter board for $110 yesterday.
    After leaving the transaction I thought I should have asked the guy if he had any coins. Today he put up 5 Peace and 2 Morgans for $15 each and i was lucky enough to have sat down to see it a couple minutes after it was posted. I just wrote SOLD in the reply. LOL 3 - 1922 Peace, 2 - 1923 Peace, 1 - 1921 Morgan, and 1 - 1902 Morgan.
    The 1902 has damage but in nice condition the others are in excellent condition with one nearly BU. He said he had 15 more and when he finds them he'll get in touch with me.

Quote Originally Posted by knarf099 View Post
    Picked up a roll of 1942 Walking Liberty halves the other day at $2 over spot. All appear to be XF. Also picked up 8 Franklins in similar condition. My OCD will force me to run over to my LCS this morning to complete the roll...

1942 Halves.jpg
    Those would arleady be in flips were it me :P I put everything in flips though haha.

naaa, those are keepers.

http://www.air-tites.com/Cardboard_2x2_Coin_Holders.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by djwayne View Post
    naaa, those are keepers.
    That is what I meant...

My mistake, I thought you would flip them for a quick profit.