Page 446 of 965 FirstFirst ... 346396436440441442443444445446447448449450451452456496546946 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 9641

Thread: Latest score

Quote Originally Posted by rdcanecutter View Post
    Nice coins. Good old Crown Royal bags-- I have one in an easy-to-find spot filled with a couple dozen big, almost-worthless foreign coins.
    yeah the 78 will be locked away soon as I can stop looking at it. the crown bags are good for a soft coin display. That bag I have had for awhile I think I am due for a new bag lol!

I had contacted an eBay seller to try to get a few of the Aztec libertad calendar rounds. He tried repeatedly to complete the sale outside of eBay and PayPal. When I asked where he was buying them, he kept avoiding the question and then said they were given out to employees of his company and were not solid silver. He stopped replying to messages after that time and I don't see them for sale on any major sites. Seeing guys paid 70-80 for each one for the few that sold on eBay I wanted to post my experience before anyone else jumped on the bandwagon.

I went to the local coin show and bought an American Eagle monster box 2014 still sealed by the mint, two 1oz gold philharmonic and a 1oz gold 1985 maple.

I hadn't found any silver coins in the wild for a while, heck I'm happy if I stumble upon a War Nickel, and yet twice in the last 4 days, I've gotten 2 silver quarters! A 1953 D out of a laundromat quarter machine, and a 1964 D in change from a customer.
    $x2 Silver Quarter x2

Quote Originally Posted by DALLAS View Post
    I went to the local coin show and bought an American Eagle monster box 2014 still sealed by the mint, two 1oz gold philharmonic and a 1oz gold 1985 maple.
    geeez....it must be nice and congrats....in your 2 Posts combined you have outstacked 90% of the folks here...on your next 2 posts you will have put me in the rear view mirror...

Quote Originally Posted by rdcanecutter View Post
    Nice coins. Good old Crown Royal bags-- I have one in an easy-to-find spot filled with a couple dozen big, almost-worthless foreign coins.
    So I lack the crown royal bag... but I love big foreign coins Not sure about the worthless part... but then again I am not opposed to those either haha.

Found a large amount of 90% halves for $7 each at a pawn shop down south, not a great steal but these were all in a $1 bin! They were with oddball tokens, the civil war token alone is worth over $150.

Here are a few bars of mine:

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/on...tml?sort=3&o=1

IMG_3937.jpg

I am having trouble posting images?
    Last edited by DALLAS; 07-14-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Just got back from a small buy nice score, got in before the heavens opened up. Got 10 Eagles for $190. The eagles are in 2x2 flips and he writes all the info on them. he paid $27 each for these starting on 6-13-14 and ending on 7-5-14, buying on 5 separate dates, so he's a regular buyer. He paid $27 for each one. I've bought from him many times before. I asked why he sells so quickly after buying. He told me he puts himself behind the 8-ball and needs money. One would think you build a little nest egg before you put silver away. he took an $80 loss in less than a month. He was happy to sell though, go figure.
    Last edited by AgLining; 07-14-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    *****Caveat***** I'm not choosing sides, I'm choosing the truth.~Me

Quote Originally Posted by AgLining View Post
    Just got back from a small buy nice score, got in before the heavens opened up. Got 10 Eagles for $190. The eagles are in 2x2 flips and he writes all the info on them. he paid $27 each for these starting on 6-13-14 and ending on 7-5-15, buying on 5 separate dates, so he's a regular buyer. He paid $27 for each one. I've bought from him many times before. I asked why he sells so quickly after buying. He told me he puts himself behind the 8-ball and needs money. One would think you build a little nest egg before you put silver away. he took an $80 loss in less than a month. He was happy to sell though, go figure.
    Sounds like he has a time machine.. LOL