Page 406 of 965 FirstFirst ... 306356396400401402403404405406407408409410411412416456506906 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 9641

Thread: Latest score

I usually like the larger bars, but this little sucker followed me home the other day...after researching him I am glad he did.

Spot was 19.63 at the time , I paid 105 ... so 1.37 over spot wasn't bad.

The stamp showing the mountains and sun, pick axe and shovel were really clear...and it had a serial number on the back of the bar so I grabbed it without knowing anything about it.

Ended up, Consolidated Mines & Metals is an old pour out of San Francisco CA

My LCS owner is an awesome guy for 90% and old pours.

Too bad he didn't have the certificate.......

Last edited by silverbullet45; 04-23-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Certificate....

Smile

100g pamp suisse.
    After ebay bucks I paid spot.
    Love these little guys....
    premium is insanely high so I only buy them when I have ebay bucks to burn.

Default gasolier....silverplate

bradley and hubbard is the maker... it was originally a silver plated gasolier, c 1880-1882.....made right here in Meriden CT... but took abuse somewhere along the line...

i have a valued, long standing client for it, in their 5th floor kitchen..... it will be installed in their NY townhouse, the last room restored to period 1880/1890, on E72nd St, NYC townhouse..... this week....

we just finalized restoration on it with new silver plate, new wiring and replacement of any loss of elements.... we recast all losses in brass and plated them also, several finials and decorative elements were missing.....we also made an additional set of wax casted brass 5" fitters for the globes they wish to use (it is original as seen with 4" fitters) to hold the globes i will be keeping and reselling ...the photo's do not show the glass globes, but they are period original, a clean set, their value alone is $2.5k...

the client asked if we could make 5" fitters for glass globes they have in storage, globes from one of NYC's most well known creative makers home... a maker of much art, glass, lighting, and sterling silver, from the one and only Louis Comfort Tiffany, globes from his own home they bought at auction, with provenance....

Mr Tiffany's home was also on East 72nd Street, but haa!?...he had 55 rooms in his home... they have only 22... must be nice if ya like high end city life......though not for me!!!!

my cost was $1500.00, asking price was $3500.00 from a thrift/antique shop in Bridgeport CT... i saw it in the store window and knew it was once a good one..... stopped by and tried to purchase it over a few weeks, it was in dis-repair, several weeks back...finally she took my cash offer...she found it at a flea market for $250.00 this past fall....

they, the client bought it less than 24 hours after i received it, and okayed restoration, all through photos and a few stops to our restoration studio over the last few wekks for proper patination of their desire..not too shiny, not too worn....

restoration was 71 man hours, or there about ...total cost of restoration on my end was under $3k if counting my payroll to our conservators and assistant restorers, and a bit of supplies needed.....totally taken down to all parts on the bench..... cleaned, re-plated, rewired, refitted, and reassembled...

it was resold for an agreed upon $13.75k, i was asking $15k....

haggle goes both ways! there is a season for all things, yup...but this baby was not meant to be lost with its history imo... sold in 1882 for $XX amount, found at a flea market in 2013 for $250, restored and brought back to original, and resold for $13.75k..... old and recycled is the way to go... everyone made some money and had enjoyment along the way.....

INCT

Absolutely stunning.

Bossandy
    I wish a buck was still silver, back when the country was strong. -The Hag

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    bradley and hubbard is the maker... it was originally a silver plated gasolier, c 1880-1882.....made right here in Meriden CT... but took abuse somewhere along the line...

Mr Tiffany's home was also on East 72nd Street, but haa!?...he had 55 rooms in his home... they have only 22... must be nice if ya like high end city life......though not for me!!!!

my cost was $1500.00, asking price was $3500.00 from a thrift/antique shop in Bridgeport CT...
    ...finally she took my cash offer...she found it at a flea market for $250.00 this past fall....

restoration was 71 man hours, or there about ...total cost of restoration on my end was under $3k if counting my payroll to our conservators and assistant restorers, and a bit of supplies needed.....totally taken down to all parts on the bench..... cleaned, re-plated, rewired, refitted, and reassembled...

it was resold for an agreed upon $13.75k, i was asking $15k....

haggle goes both ways! there is a season for all things, yup...but this baby was not meant to be lost with its history imo... sold in 1882 for $XX amount, found at a flea market in 2013 for $250, restored and brought back to original, and resold for $13.75k..... old and recycled is the way to go... everyone made some money and had enjoyment along the way.....

INCT
    You are an inspiration, Captain! Lol. Would love to walk a (couple) miles in your shoes one day. Must be quite a wonderful, winding road to finally arrive at a place where you have customers who don't bat an eye at dropping almost 14K on a lighting fixture for their 22 room abode. Quite interesting!
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Lighting fixture.......lol I thought it was a hookah for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic4hire3 View Post
    Scored $22.25 for $13.12 face today..
    tell us more about this !!!!

So I was doing my clinical a few weeks ago and I was showing off that medieval 1 drachm coin ... Any way long story short I ended up trading it for this...

It is a 19th century print of this painting...

It is in great shape... Was purchased from a library in Madison Wisconsin that was switching over to Micro fiche ... at any rate on the front it reads... Anton Von Werner then the image at the bottom middle it reads.. "photogravure Berlin Photographic co." And in the right bottom margin it reads "Printen on the HESS Press"

trying to find intel on this item... The image I have is back and white as opposed to colored and made of very nice paper.... the photo or print in the center is surrounded by one inch margins on the side and two inch or so margins on the top and bottom.

Really cool stuff on the last couple of pages, well done.

My first foreign bullion, and certainly not my last. I was never a huge ASE fan to begin with, though I own a few. These are far more exciting for some reason, lol.

Yes love the Phils and I find its an interesting piece to buy and sell. They can be purchased at a low premium at times but then I will see them being sold for ase premium.