Page 4 of 965 FirstFirst 123456789101454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest score

Quote Originally Posted by kylesmth View Post
    Ya I realized the Eisenhowers aren't silver but I still only paid $6 for some cool looking coins
    Yep, pretty cool. You want another 100 or so?

74- 1964 Kennedys and some Franklins at $10.50 each

Default fair score, and some hot dogging of the best type!!!...

not much luck today as far as silver bullion, stopping at 5 pawns just outside of Manhattan, NYC....

we did achieve part of our goals today, and managed to sell a few stones down on W 47th street NYC, all diamonds, various sizes, all from being pulled from engagement and wedding and engagement bands/rings over the last couple years....we were only able to agree on a price for 11 to sell off, of the many stones we brought....i could have sold 17 at their shop, they wanted them... i decided, hemmed and hawed, and than kept the best 6 after much thought and thorough appraisal, bringing the rest back on home....it can only be a good investment down the road, especially the 6 best !! ...all good, quick money for the one's i agreed to sell....an amazing process, 3 individual gemologists looked each stone over, as i was able to also...one gemologist i know well enough from prior dealings...

anyway after a few failed Pawn stops, driving out of the city we did make a final stop at a Pawn in Stamford CT, where i have done okay in the past...we found 43 assorted silver dollars, culled it appears, but all straight, not holed or bent or stained, or any damage other then a few rim nicks, etc...their asking price of $23 each, i took all 43 and we worked it out to $20 ea....each G to VG at best... all dates and details seen, a few of the Peace dollars were a bit toward the slick side...they too had a bit of bullion but it was overpriced completely IMO, and my negotiations failed miserably...

though the silver dollars aren't my grade of 90% to stack, with POS up, they will go in the bags of other Silver dollars to move by trade or sale at some point, at that price... i assume they were priced last week ??....all parties happy enough in Stamford...

then a real nice final stop, to a decadent, dirty, well known hole in the wall, hot dog house, famed!!! even by Martha Stewart, LOL!!!...the best and most unhealthy part of the day, other than my driving as i was told several times, by a soldier that is used to off road transport vehicles, riding in M-ATV, and MRAP vehicles in Afghanistan over the last few years...

INCT

latest issue of National Geographic had an ad for 1/10 oz American Gold Eagles for $168.25/ea . Bought 10 coins and paid $15 for shipping.

Just had to listen to a sales spiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chukar Hunter View Post
    This is what I found on the net.

Some Eisenhower dollars were minted in a 40% silver clad to be sold to collectors. All of these coins were minted at the San Francisco Mint, with dates 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, and 1776-1976.

From the PCGS site:
    Silver" dollars return: Beginning with the 1971 Eisenhower dollar, silver (albeit 40% silver) dollars were again a part of the American numismatic scene. Struck in Uncirculated and Proof formats, the 40% silver Ikes were made available to collectors through the U.S. Mint. The Uncirculated version was sold in a pliofilm package housed in a navy blue envelope, earning the nickname "blue" Ike. The Proof version of the coin was housed in a large, somewhat awkward plastic holder, and came in a brown box with a gold embossed eagle design on the front, giving rise to the nickname "brown" Ike. The "blue" and "brown" sobriquets have remained in use to this day.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    Thomas Jefferson

picked up 17 generic 1 oz. rounds today off of a craigs lister for $30 a pop.

Had to buy. Been going crazy

Picked up a 5 oz. NCM bar & a 5 oz. Southeast Refining bar for 50 cents under spot

Picked up 4 Morgans and 6 Peace dollars at auction last night for $27 each, also 4 Franklins at $11 each.
    More than I would normally pay, but coming home and see the jump in POS made me feel better about it.
    Same auction; advertised as gold rings they offered choice of ring in box. Lost the first two bids then won the third at $50 for choice. I asked if the heavy ring was silver and the auctioneer said it was tested as white gold earlier that day. It looked heavy so I picked it. Came home and found that I purchased a stainless ring for $50. The auctioneer sells for me so I'm not gonna make too much of a stink. caveat emptor .

This morning I answered two ads on craigslist. The first ad was for 2 1972 silver dollars, TWO 2001 "Silver Dollars" LOL and one Morgan Copy for $7. I offered the person via email $32 each for the 2001 "silver dollars" "picture showed eagles", I don't believe this person even knows what they are. I offered him a fair price, we'll see if he answers.
    The second ad had rolls of 90% dimes for $115. Told that person I would buy one at $115 or take them all for $105 each roll.
    I may have to do some running this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Curto View Post
    latest issue of National Geographic had an ad for 1/10 oz American Gold Eagles for $168.25/ea . Bought 10 coins and paid $15 for shipping.

Just had to listen to a sales spiel.
    Do you still have the contact information on these coins? I'd like to pick a couple of these up if you don't mind sharing.

Picked up a 1/20 oz. Gold panda from a guy on kijiji for $90

Also, got my first JM 10 oz. Bar for 350 from lcs

How did I do?