Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Ouch. Silver isn't that Shiny anymore

  1. #1

    Default Ouch. Silver isn't that Shiny anymore

    Manipulation will continue to abound. I believe this is the 9th straight day down. Unreal but expected. Paper trading of PM's should be outlawed.

  2. #2

    Default

    *Looks at Stack*

    Yup, still shiney.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by refrep View Post
    Manipulation will continue to abound. I believe this is the 9th straight day down. Unreal but expected. Paper trading of PM's should be outlawed.
    It could go much lower, but isn't that what everyone wants? Lower prices?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    It could go much lower, but isn't that what everyone wants? Lower prices?
    yes, but theres always that fear on the back of my mind, what if everything ive read is wrong, what if silver was a bubble, what if it settled in around say $15 and stays there for a decade or two like it did in the 80s and 90s.

    I 99% sure that all this price movement down in PMs is short term and is a great chance to buy but.....hmm

  5. #5

    Default

    me thinks it is just the tarnish on those old pours that is not so shiney

  6. #6

    Default

    Well, I realize that lower prices mean many people can simply buy more and thats cool. It is kind of cheesey though that you can buy something and not really hold it or own anything. You are essentially buying air...or molecules of air. I dunno. Why cant I just claim Im sitting on a bunch of Plutonium or Oil and charge for "shares" of my land? People buying in have nothing in that case too.

    I wish PMs didnt have to play the paper game. Not even just because of pricing stuff - just because...well.... metals are metal, not paper. Bah Humbug.

    ... Let us bring him Silver and Gold!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    25,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertip View Post
    me thinks it is just the tarnish on those old pours that is not so shiney
    that tarnish on the right old pours is money in the bank, old pours are a sub collection of silver enthusiasts...and at well above POS too on the right bars....

    INCT

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartikis View Post
    yes, but theres always that fear on the back of my mind, what if everything ive read is wrong, what if silver was a bubble, what if it settled in around say $15 and stays there for a decade or two like it did in the 80s and 90s.

    I 99% sure that all this price movement down in PMs is short term and is a great chance to buy but.....hmm
    thats why i wont ever "back up the truck"

    or convince my folks or friends to spend thousands

  9. #9

    Default

    Well I say just keep on buying if you still believe in the reasons why you started stacking in the first place.

    Sooner or later there has to come a time where the paper price is irrelevant. Nobody will be willing to sell the pysical at that paper price level. In the meantime enjoy the gift they have given you by allowing you to purchase a real asset at lower prices.

    Personaly since I am still adding to my stack I would rather spend $28 per ounce instead of $45. Yeah it sucks watching what you already own lose value in terms of FRNs but stop watching that. Just look at how much more you can add now for the same amount of FRNs.
    Buy Low Sell High

    Keeping it simple with the Eagles, Maples and Krugs....

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blitzdude View Post
    Well I say just keep on buying if you still believe in the reasons why you started stacking in the first place.

    Sooner or later there has to come a time where the paper price is irrelevant. Nobody will be willing to sell the pysical at that paper price level. In the meantime enjoy the gift they have given you by allowing you to purchase a real asset at lower prices.

    Personaly since I am still adding to my stack I would rather spend $28 per ounce instead of $45. Yeah it sucks watching what you already own lose value in terms of FRNs but stop watching that. Just look at how much more you can add now for the same amount of FRNs.
    Words of wisdom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •