Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PMs continue to dive along with the DOW

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Europe is in termoil, governments don't want austerity measures, and Germany and France now have different goals. That situation will probably get much worse before it gets better so all markets, including PM's, will probably be down until some EU decisions are made or the dust settles. This is not a good time to be in any market imho.
    +1, if they dont come to an agreement, you will see gold or silver fumble nonstop.

i see this going on till the end of the month at least, if greece doesnt get their **** together. ( if they drop out of the euro zone, you will see a massive hit on metals going downwards, i heard that it could potentially cost the euro zone billions of dollars to restore their previous currency )

this means that they have to keep giving money to greece!

Also, greece has to decide if they are going to pay back the banks that are not in eurozones back their 400 million euro. ( this is for tomorrow )
    Last edited by besartioz; 05-14-2012 at 12:09 PM.

I stand by what I have said in the past. The dow is due for a HUGE crash. It should have never recovered from 8k except for all the funny money the fed has been printing. Things have not gotten better, they have gotten much worse. The longer they kick the can down the road, the harder the crash of the Dow and our economy will be. When it does crash, so will PM's as they are still tied to the fake paper market. Physical will de-couple from paper at that time. When will it crash? I don't know but it's looooong overdue. Most likely, the Obama administration and the fed will throw everything they can at it to keep stocks afloat until the elections. If the dow does hang on through the elections, it will crash shortly there after, maybe as late as March.

That being said, it will be the best buyers market of PM's we will see in our lifetimes. Shortly after the huge crash, PM's will begin to climb again, this time with no paper market, never to see those lows of the crash again for a long long long time if ever. Start gassing up your trucks.

All IMHO.
    Last edited by FelixWankel; 05-14-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Default IMF buying gold

http://www.commodityonline.com/news/imf-to-buy-gold-worth-$23-billion-as-credit-risk-increases-48052-3-48053.html

If the IMF is buying???????????? Whats up with that. Think they know something we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by dutch0469 View Post
    http://www.commodityonline.com/news/imf-to-buy-gold-worth-$23-billion-as-credit-risk-increases-48052-3-48053.html

If the IMF is buying???????????? Whats up with that. Think they know something we don't?
    Maybe the IMF is just smarter than those that bought at $1700 $1800 $1900...
    In 2008 the IMF also bought some tonnes gold, they sold them in 2010, how much was it, 6 billion dollars profit?
    This is typically what the central planning adepts/manipulators do: they raise the price first, to make other people later pay higher prices, and after those ran out of dollars to buy, they dump contracts in order to give their buddies a week or so time to load up big again.
    the void

Quote Originally Posted by Lorian View Post
    Maybe the IMF is just smarter than those that bought at $1700 $1800 $1900...
    In 2008 the IMF also bought some tonnes gold, they sold them in 2010, how much was it, 6 billion dollars profit?
    This is typically what the central planning adepts/manipulators do: they raise the price first, to make other people later pay higher prices, and after those ran out of dollars to buy, they dump contracts in order to give their buddies a week or so time to load up big again.
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartikis View Post
    no one can predict the future, not even the experts on this forum

I havent been investing in PM that long but one thing i have learned is "to da moon" isnt real, there prob never will be a parabolic move and if there was i would be worried and it prob means the PMs are in bubble territory. Weve seen 10-20% returns in most of the metals every years and you can expect that in the future. Is now a good time to buy PMs? yeah prob, but if you dont have the dry powder dont worry about it, especially with a wedding comiung up, the last thing you need to be worrying about is your PM collection when you should be worrying about wedding plans. There will always be another chance to buy PMs but you only get to have one wedding and honeymoon, (well most of us) enjoy it while you can! The rigged markets, bail outs, QE to infinity and everything else will be waiting for you when you return.
    The first move from about $24 or a bit under all the way to 49 was parabolic in my opinion. No move, hence why its coming back down a bit. We will continue to move up eventually once we find a base.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12