Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PMs continue to dive along with the DOW

Default PMs continue to dive along with the DOW

Is this the deflation before the hyper-inflation? When does this finally end? I am of the opinion that we are going to see 26.XX again before this is over. We are almost there right now.

Lorian, do you think we will see a new low in open interest? You always talk about futures contracts... does this finally end and restart the up-trend when they are finally dumped?

The long term up-trend has been smashed in gold. Just like August, the trend broke out, but it could very well rebound back into the channel.

I have no extra fiat because I am getting married in a month and have started a new job this past week. It makes me sick to see these prices and not have any dry powder.

I would love to hear some thoughts from the other members about where we head from here.

Quote Originally Posted by s1lverbullet View Post
    Is this the deflation before the hyper-inflation? When does this finally end? I am of the opinion that we are going to see 26.XX again before this is over. We are almost there right now.

Lorian, do you think we will see a new low in open interest? You always talk about futures contracts... does this finally end and restart the up-trend when they are finally dumped?

The long term up-trend has been smashed in gold. Just like August, the trend broke out, but it could very well rebound back into the channel.

I have no extra fiat because I am getting married in a month and have started a new job this past week. It makes me sick to see these prices and not have any dry powder.

I would love to hear some thoughts from the other members about where we head from here.
    no one can predict the future, not even the experts on this forum

I havent been investing in PM that long but one thing i have learned is "to da moon" isnt real, there prob never will be a parabolic move and if there was i would be worried and it prob means the PMs are in bubble territory. Weve seen 10-20% returns in most of the metals every years and you can expect that in the future. Is now a good time to buy PMs? yeah prob, but if you dont have the dry powder dont worry about it, especially with a wedding comiung up, the last thing you need to be worrying about is your PM collection when you should be worrying about wedding plans. There will always be another chance to buy PMs but you only get to have one wedding and honeymoon, (well most of us) enjoy it while you can! The rigged markets, bail outs, QE to infinity and everything else will be waiting for you when you return.

Europe is in termoil, governments don't want austerity measures, and Germany and France now have different goals. That situation will probably get much worse before it gets better so all markets, including PM's, will probably be down until some EU decisions are made or the dust settles. This is not a good time to be in any market imho.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Maybe your bride to be will let you pawn her engagement ring to buy silver? Then again, that advice may lead to a divorce. Possible to sell some stuff you don't need on Craigslist or Ebay to get some extra cash? Extra hours at work? A second PT job? Bartering your services for silver?
    Hope you have a great wedding and a lovely marriage. As Sparti said, this whole mess will still be here when you get back.

Getting married? Congratulations. I trust you found the right one!

PM's are heading into a period called the "summer doldrums", where prices pull back during the summer season. An up trend normally starts back up in September. This is something that's been noticed by the boys over at USAgold over the last several years. To their credit, there's been some consistentcy to all this. How far down it will go, and how far back up is anyones guess.

Even with all this, I'm still bullish on the DOW.

Quote Originally Posted by s1lverbullet View Post

I also have no euros to swap anymore, swapped at an equivalent of spot $31. I feel happy about these prices. Not for myself but for other stackers. But unbelievable, some need now encouragement to buy lol. Some wait because they are greedy. But fear and greed is what gives the manipulators the chance to drain us stackers off. I never played their game. I played my own game. That the manipulators needed to dump over 5000 contracts to bring price to $29, well under (2K lower) the 2008 low of 20000; I see as a big HURA. That means this downtrend is mostly NOT due to stackers fears.
    Last edited by Lorian; 05-14-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    the void

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Lorian View Post
    I also have no euros to swap anymore, swapped at an equivalent of spot $31. I feel happy about these prices. Not for myself but for other stackers. But unbelievable, some need now encouragement to buy lol. Some wait because they are greedy. But fear and greed is what gives the manipulators the chance to drain us stackers off. I never played their game. I played my own game.
    why do you call people names when they don`t do as you do?

Quote Originally Posted by silvertip View Post
    why do you call people names when they don`t do as you do?
    isn't he, Lorian, giving just a general example...as in "some people""......

INCT

Not to worry in the short-term. A few days ago Egon von Greyerz of King World News wrote that the down trend is nothing to worry about. With all the QE coming from various governments the price of gold will likely be in excess of $10K. Silver will follow. The downward movement is but mere droplets in comparison with the longer term.

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    isn't he, Lorian, giving just a general example...as in "some people""......

INCT
    we all read it differently i guess
    yesterday he was making fun of the $35+ positivity club
    today he is laughing at the forum members that are waiting for a further price drop and calling them greedy for waiting for it
    my pal is waiting for $26 again to buy
    he missed his chances last year
    this year he will get another chance i am sure
    people with a lot of PM`s can wait years
    people with little PM`s should stock up even at $35
    i thought silver was to expensive at $18 once and laughed at the price
    i learned my lesson
    we might see $50oz but we will see $26 an ounce this year once if not more than once again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast