Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Searching the fleas for silver again

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    we ran a yard sale / tag sale Saturday and Sunday on our property in Connecticut, my wife and I and help from our son and his friend and girlfriend....great weather, pulled out items from house, garages and and barns...

    set up a small area with coins and silver by the cash box...very surprising.. sold common quarters...halves and silver dollars.. the coins sold well, we had them in coffee cans from the 1970's ..quite the conversation piece too..

    quarters were $10 ea, halves were $17.50 ea and silver dollars were $35 each.. no one haggled us down as we stated firm prices on the silver US coins, I am sure i converted a few folks...... much of the other items we sold, from antiques to "another mans junk" was either given to us, bought cheap over the years, etc etc....it made space too, for a few more motorcycles....

    ..sold cold drinks, and had the grill going selling marinated roasted veggie shish-ka-bob my wife made the night before, ...she made 210 skewered beauties and sold each and every one..much profit there too.. it was fun... we started to open the pool and weed garden beds while we were doing our yard sale.... nice all on the front of our lawn... many folks expect this and our other tag/yard sales each year...

    Saturday we pulled in $5800.00

    Sunday we pulled in $3300.00

    all was easy and the cash was flowing.. we do this yearly X3-4...

    INCT

    Holy Sheeeee-it.......you sir are my idol.



    Now take those #'s down, before some revenuer see them.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    quarters were $10 ea, halves were $17.50 ea and silver dollars were $35 each.. no one haggled us down as we stated firm prices on the silver US coins, I am sure i converted a few folks...... much of the other items we sold, from antiques to "another mans junk" was either given to us, bought cheap over the years, etc etc....it made space too, for a few more motorcycles....
    INCT
    Glad to hear those prices were met for selling. It proves you can sell real physical silver for well over the spot price...sometimes DOUBLE. I'm working on a plan to sell generic silver dimes in an enhanced setting for up to $450.00per ounce!! It's working well so far. And I like the idea of clearing space for more motorcycles!
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

  3. #13

    Default

    Picked up a rare JMC 3 oz bar from the flea a couple weeks back, paid 38 per ounce so 115 but after doing my research, that was a stea!, just sold it last night on the bay for $215.

    Woot..

    I hate to see it go but whatever! If someone is willing to pay 71 per ounce, let them have it!

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carssman1 View Post
    Picked up a rare JMC 3 oz bar from the flea a couple weeks back, paid 38 per ounce so 115 but after doing my research, that was a stea!, just sold it last night on the bay for $215.

    Woot..

    I hate to see it go but whatever! If someone is willing to pay 71 per ounce, let them have it!
    Ya man....double your money, double your FUN. Flea markets are a Great source to find deals on Silver. I've bought a good majority of my stack at them usually under the going rate.
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    25,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OLDruggedAG View Post
    Ya man....double your money, double your FUN. Flea markets are a Great source to find deals on Silver. I've bought a good majority of my stack at them usually under the going rate.
    there is a lot of fiat to be made on old pours, if ya pick them up at spot plus a normal prem... i had a collection come in a couple weeks back and it had 22 very old old 5 oz silvertowne pours... we sold them quick @ $285.00 ea. to a collector, he hardly batted an eyelash... i have a great core of many rarer bars from years back. some of them, some i will never sell, but as i get them now, and can double POS, my buy price was already very low to start too.....so on a rarer bar i too sell them now, especially if i have a few specimens alread.....

    silver for silver or extra fiat for whatever.....

    INCT

  6. #16

    Default

    Here in central EU, some decades of growing government impact on economy caused small shops/flea markets to be decimated. Buying/selling silver is nearly internet-only here.
    the void

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorian View Post
    Here in central EU, some decades of growing government impact on economy caused small shops/flea markets to be decimated. Buying/selling silver is nearly internet-only here.
    It sonds like a ripe environment for...The "BLACK" FLEA MARKET!
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •