Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching the fleas for silver again

Default Searching the fleas for silver again

With these falling Silver prices Every weekend is a RUSH to see what's available at the local flea markets.

This weekend there was an extra market open and only found 1 silver seller, numi coins mostly but I got a few decent walking liberty half dollars @ $10.00 each and some silver dimes $1.50 each...wish he had more at $15.00 face!

On to the regular flea and Bought from several regulars:
    1 OZ Engelhard Prospectors several(REAL ONES) $29.00 Each...YES
    10 OZ Englehard bars 1 extruded, 1 Old pour $320.00 each...Well OK Yes
    1 Roll 20 pieces Silver eagles $600.00...$30.00 each YES YES
    Junk silver at $20.00 face OK.

All in all it was a good weekend buying at good prices. I paid a little premium on the Engelhard 10 OZ's, but they bring it and I'm happier to have, then not have them.

I had an option of 1/2 OZ gold eagle for $825 or the Silver Eagles at $31.00 each. So I offered the vendor a choice of the gold 1/2 for $800.00 or the Eagles at $30.00 each. He gave me the Eagles.

What did you find out there?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Congrats, Nice buys/haul especially the Walking Liberties and old pour Englehard; with them out of business, I see loadz of upside on these soon to be rarities..

I don't see your roll of Eagles there.

Nice flea market if they have that type of stuff......we have a huge weekend flea but it is all used household stuff, in all the years I have been going no PM's

Dig the old pour

speaking of the local fleas, i was thinking of starting to go to one near me on fridays which happen to be one of my regular days off. its also mostly household stuff etc but if i can turn over walkers/merc dimes etc and get some free ag, may as well.. that and sell some of the junk i've had accumulating over the years. would like to sell my house eventually which means getting the junk out. can maximize what i get for it if i sell it at the flea over time rather then a take-whatever-bc-i-have-to-sell-it moving sale..

could profit from selling my .999 stuff but thats not as easily re-bought (with shipping/cc fees etc online) whereas the 90% i can reliably get around spot. so if i can sell walkers for 13-15 then i should reliably make 1-4$ or so. i try to pay 11 but will pay up to 12. whats a good flea market price on merc dimes, 3$ ? maybe i'll do 4$ each or 10 for 35$.
    maybe walkers 15/each or 5 for 65. if theres no one else selling pms im sure i'll find buyers. i should make up a little poster explaining why holding pms is good. that im buying gold/silver. bring my test kit, scale, magnets etc.
    come to think of it I have lots of junk.. i have over 150 bronze rings from as far back as the 1st-2nd century, i cd prob convert some of those to ag/au. i like the ones I can wear and they make great gifts to people that appreciate history.. work is waay too slow..
    what you say and think matters, but its what you do that counts
    improve always

Quote Originally Posted by Chadilac View Post
    I don't see your roll of Eagles there.
    There are 3 piles of ASE on the left side of pic, 20 total=1 rolls worth.
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Nice pickup!!!

SC

Default Death Dollars

picked up 4 death dollars
    1958 Canadian silver dollar
    20 bucks each all for $80
    these were EF+ they had 2 BU for $27 each
    i got a # and will probably pick those up this week as well
    flea at the speedway in Victoria

Default tag sale at home

we ran a yard sale / tag sale Saturday and Sunday on our property in Connecticut, my wife and I and help from our son and his friend and girlfriend....great weather, pulled out items from house, garages and and barns...

set up a small area with coins and silver by the cash box...very surprising.. sold common quarters...halves and silver dollars.. the coins sold well, we had them in coffee cans from the 1970's ..quite the conversation piece too..

quarters were $10 ea, halves were $17.50 ea and silver dollars were $35 each.. no one haggled us down as we stated firm prices on the silver US coins, I am sure i converted a few folks...... much of the other items we sold, from antiques to "another mans junk" was either given to us, bought cheap over the years, etc etc....it made space too, for a few more motorcycles....

..sold cold drinks, and had the grill going selling marinated roasted veggie shish-ka-bob my wife made the night before, ...she made 210 skewered beauties and sold each and every one..much profit there too.. it was fun... we started to open the pool and weed garden beds while we were doing our yard sale.... nice all on the front of our lawn... many folks expect this and our other tag/yard sales each year...

Saturday we pulled in $5800.00

Sunday we pulled in $3300.00

all was easy and the cash was flowing.. we do this yearly X3-4...

INCT

WHAT THE HECK! the flea market near me has nothing but illegally burnt dvds, cheap chinese hand bags and watered down rebottled perfume!

Quote Originally Posted by captainsilverton View Post
    we ran a yard sale / tag sale Saturday and Sunday on our property in Connecticut, my wife and I and help from our son and his friend and girlfriend....great weather, pulled out items from house, garages and and barns...

set up a small area with coins and silver by the cash box...very surprising.. sold common quarters...halves and silver dollars.. the coins sold well, we had them in coffee cans from the 1970's ..quite the conversation piece too..

quarters were $10 ea, halves were $17.50 ea and silver dollars were $35 each.. no one haggled us down as we stated firm prices on the silver US coins, I am sure i converted a few folks...... much of the other items we sold, from antiques to "another mans junk" was either given to us, bought cheap over the years, etc etc....it made space too, for a few more motorcycles....

..sold cold drinks, and had the grill going selling marinated roasted veggie shish-ka-bob my wife made the night before, ...she made 210 skewered beauties and sold each and every one..much profit there too.. it was fun... we started to open the pool and weed garden beds while we were doing our yard sale.... nice all on the front of our lawn... many folks expect this and our other tag/yard sales each year...

Saturday we pulled in $5800.00

Sunday we pulled in $3300.00

all was easy and the cash was flowing.. we do this yearly X3-4...

INCT
    Wow, Captain...pretty impressive yard-sale market with FOOD
    "Remember, the person holding the Fewest Dollars wins this Monopoly Game. Buy and Hold Something of Value" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQhl58GAxI SF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast