Thread: 1/2 ounce Lunar rounds

Default 1/2 ounce Lunar rounds

My lcs has some really nice 1/2 ounce lunar dragon rounds for $20 a pop ( spots 28.91). I will buy a few because i like them but i was wondering if i will be able to make the premiums back on private sales.

http://thetroyounce.com/fck_upload/p...2012183407.png

any thoughts ??

Thanx for your time, Lilman

Very popular on ebay. Go into completed items under Australia coin section, they do sell for more than what you are paying for the most part.

These types of coins always carry a slight premium, I wouldn't worry too much. If you like them and enjoy them, do it for yourself. When the time comes to sell, I'll bet that it's hard to part with them. If you accumulate a set you can always trade for gold or another large chunk of silver. Like anything else, go slow, look for the deals and you should be rewarded down the road. 1/2 oz. size is fairly easy to swallow financially. Best of luck.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

I have some lunar pigs, currently could probably get 40-60+ for each half ounce. 1/2 ounce wolves (but with the limited mintage thrown in), same thing...1/2 ounce coins seem to be perpetually popular, and 20-30 per seems reasonable. I got some of the 1/2 ounce dragons awhile back for about 16-18 each, but they don't really track the spot price. It's similar with fractional gold/silver (i.e. Libertad 1/10th ounce etc)--usually they maintain a high premium. You won't get it back as easily if you sell to a mainstream/online LCS, but with a private sale shouldn't be a problem at all. The dragons are a bit bigger than an American quarter.