Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver crash.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsilver View Post
    On paper you can have as much silver as necesary for your calculation. Some of that silver can have multiple owners. I can borrow monster box of silver deposit it in Brinks and claim I own it by showing you deposit slip. But that person who lend me that silver borrowed it from one another person... I do not claim that as a fact ... but I do not believe that numbers always reflect the truth. Books of first bankers (goldsmiths) sometimes showed more gold than they had in their vaults...cooked books are not as rare as you think...
    The thing is that the amount papersilver is less than the Comex depositories stock reports. And that the amount tonnes seems to conform to other stocks, supply data, etc. That 100 paper to 1 physical ratio claim would be even laughable, in that case I would own more than 1% of the entire Comex depositories "real" amount ounces. So while your paper theory CAN be the case, the resulting numbers make it too ridiculous to BE the case.
    the void

Quote Originally Posted by coindog View Post
    cooked books are a time tested tradition. the ones at our business were cooked to a crisp. as to a silver crash i don't see it. further downside, quite possible but the end of year price will be higher than now. just play the market as it unfolds. forget to da moon and the gloom & doom.
    What worries me the most is with Europe in recession and serious troubles with the P.I.G.S. and that people of these countries are fighting austerity at every chance. If the Euro trades lower, perhaps much lower = a much higher Usd. Deflation is another justified concern, metal will again get smoked hardcore.

The forex bears will be quick to re-load their short posistions and make up for their extremely unprofitable speculation this year. With Silver/miners as beat up as they are is of little relevence the metal and miners could go much lower. Lets say for a nightmare situation the Euro traded on par with an inflated Us/petrodollar. Teens could be possible, I have never spoken those words before but in this situation it could.

But there are many saving graces such as the Usa doesn't want a stronger dollar especially to the level I just spoke of not that they manufacture, but for many reasons it's not good for their weak economy. Without a full out market collapse due to Europe, there will be physical/paper buyers all the way down. In a tight market like Silver the powers that be really can't let Silver go on that type of fire-sale due to impending shortages if left low to long, physical buyers will impact spot/market for once if any shortage looms or occurs. :}

As far as metals/miners, we are in a weak seasonal period, expect an upswing in late July. Although seasonality for Silver and Gold differ, look forward to Indian wedding season in October, silver will ride Gold's coat tails up. Seasonality is so rarely if after talked about, it needs to be given more credience by advanced stackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorian View Post
    The thing is that the amount papersilver is less than the Comex depositories stock reports. And that the amount tonnes seems to conform to other stocks, supply data, etc. That 100 paper to 1 physical ratio claim would be even laughable, in that case I would own more than 1% of the entire Comex depositories "real" amount ounces. So while your paper theory CAN be the case, the resulting numbers make it too ridiculous to BE the case.
    That 100 paper to 1 physical ratio conspiracy theory was not in regard to CME inventory but total silver trading. Do you have any numbers that show how much actual physical silver was withdrawn from those inventories? How many Moz was actually delivered in form of physical silver... not just numbers shuffled from Brink's to JPM or Moccata? Was it not a case that some customers were charged storage fees for silver that did not existed physically in vault?

I believe that USA have a lot of gold in Fort Knox but can I be sure of that fact 100% if for couple decades there was no audit?

Maybe that silver in JPM vaults have multipple owners and each of them think he is sole owner?

Why some governments expressed interest in shipping their gold from New York FEDs vaults back to their countries? Numbers show that their gold is there and they can sell it to other governments without expense of shipping costs. Only "stupid" Chavez do not have full trust in numbers. I bet if he would send auditors FED would show them German gold to ease unsupported worries.
    Everything I write in my posts is just my opinion.

silver crash coming,dirt cheap silver .

Quote Originally Posted by jbsilver View Post

I believe that USA have a lot of gold in Fort Knox but can I be sure of that fact 100% if for couple decades there was no audit?

Why some governments expressed interest in shipping their gold from New York FEDs vaults back to their countries? Numbers show that their gold is there and they can sell it to other governments without expense of shipping costs. Only "stupid" Chavez do not have full trust in numbers. I bet if he would send auditors FED would show them German gold to ease unsupported worries.

Why is Chavez ''stupid'' for wanting to re-patronize His Country's Gold.

Where he went wrong waz to speak of metal backed currency.

Default so hold cash

now might be a good time to build up your cash. I posted several monthe ago when it looked like Europe was going into recession that cash would be the thing to have. I have more cash on hand now than I have had for 2 years. just waiting to see how it goes. even sold a bit of gold at the start of the month. was planning on getting more but no rush now. at some point it will hit here and the Fed will kick in. the trick is to time it before they do.

Quote Originally Posted by coindog View Post
    now might be a good time to build up your cash. I posted several monthe ago when it looked like Europe was going into recession that cash would be the thing to have. I have more cash on hand now than I have had for 2 years. just waiting to see how it goes. even sold a bit of gold at the start of the month. was planning on getting more but no rush now. at some point it will hit here and the Fed will kick in. the trick is to time it before they do.
    While it will hit at end of Twist at the end of June or not until next year. I agree a great time to be in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by OvalNut View Post
    Now is a time to buy and hold. Remember too, "deflation precedes hyperinflation". This is not about short term gains.

Tim
    The question is how long will deflation last? What if it goes on for 12-24months or longer?

I'm seeing a lot of asset price deflation locally and globally. But at the same time, cost of living seems to be inflating.

It may be better to hold off a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12