Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If PMs and dollar down, what has value?

Default If PMs and dollar down, what has value?

PMs are taking a strong downward push, yet dollars buy less and less (groceries, cars, motorcycles, antiques, all sorts of daily-life stuff is sky-high)...

Why aren't PMs, ESPECIALLY silver, which is more 55:1 instead of the 40:1 we saw not too long ago, and even 33:1 for a short time... in other words, where is the VALUE we expect from PMs when the dollar goes down in real terms?

And silver has taken a hit just in the decreasing value vs gold: from 40:1 to 55:1 is a cheap way of reducing silver's value by THIRTY EIGHT PERCENT. So it's massively undervalued, a great deal indeed- except that you may not be able to get this back because entities who deal in billions to trillions of dollars are able easily to make silver's price literally anything- and the ratio can be messed with as we also are seeing. Too bad for PM holders like me, the long-term situation looks about as bleak as it can be: no regulation, criminals do whatever they want, no prosecution, no investigation (for example, what about the CFTC 'investigation' into silver prices? Zip.

Is there hope for PMs?

Honesty ammo and some guns not all guns have gone up...
    When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they are not the leaders of the government nor do they control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” – Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, 1815

$x1

Quote Originally Posted by Killver View Post
    PMs are taking a strong downward push, yet dollars buy less and less (groceries, cars, motorcycles, antiques, all sorts of daily-life stuff is sky-high)...

Why aren't PMs, ESPECIALLY silver, which is more 55:1 instead of the 40:1 we saw not too long ago, and even 33:1 for a short time... in other words, where is the VALUE we expect from PMs when the dollar goes down in real terms?

And silver has taken a hit just in the decreasing value vs gold: from 40:1 to 55:1 is a cheap way of reducing silver's value by THIRTY EIGHT PERCENT. So it's massively undervalued, a great deal indeed- except that you may not be able to get this back because entities who deal in billions to trillions of dollars are able easily to make silver's price literally anything- and the ratio can be messed with as we also are seeing. Too bad for PM holders like me, the long-term situation looks about as bleak as it can be: no regulation, criminals do whatever they want, no prosecution, no investigation (for example, what about the CFTC 'investigation' into silver prices? Zip.

Is there hope for PMs?
    Fact: the silver dollarprice tripled since 2008.
    Fact: the purchasing power of the dollar didn't decrease 200% since 2008.
    And you see silver as negative?
    Is this a practical joke topic?
    My reaction?
    Hereby a big thankyou to all those that stacked silver since 2008 and had confidence and trust in their fellow stackers. We now represent already $20 of the silver price, and the manipulators just $9. They'd need to exit all their positions, in other words: totally leave the silver market and block all buying during the time they need, to bring $20. And then they would just have run out of means to manipulate lol, with stackers replacing them in the $20-30 price range and their stocks being dried up.
    Last edited by Lorian; 05-13-2012 at 03:08 AM.
    the void

Quote Originally Posted by Lorian View Post
    Fact: the silver dollarprice tripled since 2008.
    Fact: the purchasing power of the dollar didn't decrease 200% since 2008.
    And you see silver as negative?
    Is this a practical joke topic?
    I think with a join date 07 the OP remembers silvers history maybe he/she are like a few others here tired of the trend and are ready to move on..
    When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they are not the leaders of the government nor do they control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” – Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, 1815

$x1

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueDevil View Post
    I think with a join date 07 the OP remembers silvers history maybe he/she are like a few others here tired of the trend and are ready to move on..
    Ok no problem fine let silver price double every year for the next decades.
    Is that what you mean with 'ready to move on'?
    What is a bank accounts annual yield? 1%? 2%?
    Lets pick over double silver yield: what is 5% of todays silver price: $28.89+5%=$30.3345.
    So next year, 13/05/2013, silver price is $30.33. Now lets see how much movin' on that is: 30.3345-28.89=1.4445 over 12 months, roughly 240 trading days. 1.4445/240=0,006 dollar silver price rise per day. That's less than a dollarcent a day. How many boring sideways topics would that deliver on this forum?
    So let me ask you, how do you define 'move on'?
    The silver price rose +200% in a couple years, due to the crisis and its consequential bail-out dollarcreation. In the coming years, other prices will catch up more. Why would anyone speculate on further dollarcreation if the general price uptrend barely took some catching up start with the previous? That would have been as silly as already paying $30 an ounce silver in 2001, anticipating on QEpreQE1 and QE1+2. Yes, it is possible, but only if more people start to save in silver instead of dollars or euros, AND if they take care about the price they buy at, so that they keep confidence and don't dump disappointed.
    the void

Quote Originally Posted by Lorian View Post
    Ok no problem fine let silver price double every year for the next decades.
    Is that what you mean with 'ready to move on'?
    What is a bank accounts annual yield? 1%? 2%?
    Lets pick over double silver yield: what is 5% of todays silver price: $28.89+5%=$30.3345.
    So next year, 13/05/2013, silver price is $30.33. Now lets see how much movin' on that is: 30.3345-28.89=1.4445 over 12 months, roughly 240 trading days. 1.4445/240=0,006 dollar silver price rise per day. That's less than a dollarcent a day. How many boring sideways topics would that deliver on this forum?
    So let me ask you, how do you define 'move on'?
    The silver price rose +200% in a couple years, due to the crisis and its consequential bail-out dollarcreation. In the coming years, other prices will catch up more. Why would anyone speculate on further dollarcreation if the general price uptrend barely took some catching up start with the previous? That would have been as silly as already paying $30 an ounce silver in 2001, anticipating on QEpreQE1 and QE1+2. Yes, it is possible, but only if more people start to save in silver instead of dollars or euros, AND if they take care about the price they buy at, so that they keep confidence and don't dump disappointed.
    Banks at 1 or 2%, where are those banks? Imho thats pretty good if you can find that at any bank around me anyway (assuming you had any faith in putting your money there in the first place -- QE is theft of your money right out from under you). Most banks are less that .5% still and they don't give you a free toaster for opening a new account with them anymore either. It's not a customer oriented business anymore.

Note 'You' is used in general terms, not you specifically, I know you know this already.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"Knowledge talks, wisdom listens."
    - Jimi Hendrix

United we stand, Divided, we fall.

If PMs and dollar down, what has value?
    Values has transfer to trillions and quadrillion new digit created out of thin air to the cronies. Inflation is theft as defined by Ron Paul and many economist and well support by Austrian economy.

There are tonnes of expenses by surviving and each commodities and living cost just keep going up. Cost of human dignity is suppress like value of Gold. Oil and energy manufacture goods with minimal human are reaping values and transfer to the owners of the business.

The FIAT digits in other countries just simply change gear from export to self consumption models. Their own FIAT are now repeating a growth similar to FIAT has drive the wealth of US and the west for the past many years.

What has values? All salaries in third world are now defining their own digit values regardless of USD. Eventually you will see Chinese bankers earn more than NY bankers and they value their own land, building many times more based on the same model how NY/London bankers drive up their properties valuation.

Just picked up another 2K in 90%...at these prices can NOT stop.

The reasons we felt the need to stack have only gotten WORSE...none better.
    I have no needs that the money we put today into PM's would be better spent on, so to me it is insurance.

Either we leave a nice little bonus to our kids, or we REALLY enjoy retirement if that insurance need is not realized.

Quote Originally Posted by seascape195 View Post
    Banks at 1 or 2%, where are those banks? Imho thats pretty good if you can find that at any bank around me anyway (assuming you had any faith in putting your money there in the first place -- QE is theft of your money right out from under you). Most banks are less that .5% still and they don't give you a free toaster for opening a new account with them anymore either. It's not a customer oriented business anymore.

Note 'You' is used in general terms, not you specifically, I know you know this already.
    In my local area bank ( Elgin ,Illinois) rates are in 0.20%-0.55% range. See screen grab below... the first two banks are online offers from Pensylvania, you can contact Ally or Barclays only by phone or sendening a letter to P.O. Box in Pensylvania...

[IMG][/IMG]

POS needs to increase just 1%.... (currently it means price increase $0.30) to beat return those banks offer.
    Everything I write in my posts is just my opinion.

Ya know, one of the BEAUTIES of stacking that I just realize is when you have money stashed away, you get the "hey, why don't we get a (fill in the blank)...and you can "justify" spending the fiat on whatever that is....but with stacking, it is bought, stashed and DONE. At least for us, it is a REAL stash vs the means to the next "whatever".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast