Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do You Really Want A Higher Silver Price?

Default Do You Really Want A Higher Silver Price?

How can anyone look at silver and say it isn't overvalued? Is there a single asset NOT driven by speculation that silver has not outperformed? Silver's in a bubble. Look at what it's down the past 7 years. How can anyone in their right mind say that isn't a bubble. And it's the foolish actions of pretty much every nation on earth and the debt they've accumulated that created the bubble and is keeping it alive. Everyone who's buying now had better pray that those nations keep on blowing into this bubble. I certainly am praying. Because the world economy WANTS TO contract and go into a credit crunch.

And when that happens, silver will fall to what the actual supply and demand dictates. Sorry everyone, that isn't $39. It's not $29. It's not $19. It's probably around the $9 level. It will happen. There may be a period of hyperinflation prior, but eventually it will crash. And in those periods of hyperinflation, our minds aren't going to be on precious metals.

Everyone says that if it goes really low they'll "back up the truck" and buy, buy buy. NEWS FLASH. No, you won't. Because if we quit living beyond our means (which we'll be forced to do eventually), money would dry up so fast - it would make our heads swim. We'd need every cent we have to put bread on the table. The last thing I or anyone would be doing is buying a metal we can't use that doesn't keep us fed or keep us warm.

Any everyone here who talks about $50 or $100 silver. OK - so let's say you're right - dollar and euro melt down - not out of the realm of possibility. Do you really think that silver would stay up there for years and years for you to enjoy it? Nope - it wouldn't. Huge spikes mean huge falls.

Every dollar you put into silver is the admission that you'll eventually lose bare minimum 60-70% of the value of that dollar. When? I don't know - but you can bet it will. Maybe that's not bad - you keep 30% of your buying power. Fiat meltdown means dollars are completely worthless. Just remember what you're giving up now to ensure that 30%. Ride the wave my friends. Heck, I'm riding it too! But remember that all waves eventually hit the reef. Be thinking about when to get off.

Until Industry complains that Silver is too high in price to use in their products there is no problem with the price.
    "Give a man a gun and he can rob a Bank, give a man a Bank and he can rob the world."

Any information or chart annotations that I provide are for speculation and not to be taken as Financial Advice. I post such speculation to express ideas, theories and provoke discussion, nothing more.

soooooooo why are you here? It doesn't sound like you enjoy silver?
    A fiat is worth only as much as someone will pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by slowdownandthink View Post
    How can anyone look at silver and say it isn't overvalued? Is there a single asset NOT driven by speculation that silver has not outperformed? Silver's in a bubble. Look at what it's down the past 7 years. How can anyone in their right mind say that isn't a bubble. And it's the foolish actions of pretty much every nation on earth and the debt they've accumulated that created the bubble and is keeping it alive. Everyone who's buying now had better pray that those nations keep on blowing into this bubble. I certainly am praying. Because the world economy WANTS TO contract and go into a credit crunch.

And when that happens, silver will fall to what the actual supply and demand dictates. Sorry everyone, that isn't $39. It's not $29. It's not $19. It's probably around the $9 level. It will happen. There may be a period of hyperinflation prior, but eventually it will crash. And in those periods of hyperinflation, our minds aren't going to be on precious metals.

Everyone says that if it goes really low they'll "back up the truck" and buy, buy buy. NEWS FLASH. No, you won't. Because if we quit living beyond our means (which we'll be forced to do eventually), money would dry up so fast - it would make our heads swim. We'd need every cent we have to put bread on the table. The last thing I or anyone would be doing is buying a metal we can't use that doesn't keep us fed or keep us warm.

Any everyone here who talks about $50 or $100 silver. OK - so let's say you're right - dollar and euro melt down - not out of the realm of possibility. Do you really think that silver would stay up there for years and years for you to enjoy it? Nope - it wouldn't. Huge spikes mean huge falls.

Every dollar you put into silver is the admission that you'll eventually lose bare minimum 60-70% of the value of that dollar. When? I don't know - but you can bet it will. Maybe that's not bad - you keep 30% of your buying power. Fiat meltdown means dollars are completely worthless. Just remember what you're giving up now to ensure that 30%. Ride the wave my friends. Heck, I'm riding it too! But remember that all waves eventually hit the reef. Be thinking about when to get off.
    you are right 9$ silver and 2$/gallon price, 450$ gold.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsenegger View Post
    soooooooo why are you here? It doesn't sound like you enjoy silver?
    I'm one of the people who is admitting a large loss on my investment so I can have some value after things meltdown and come back. I'm hoping silver crashes once more before hyperinflation so my loss will be minimal.

I'm just so frustrated with the posts here where the manipulators of the silver price (ie you and me) accuse others of manipulating the price. The only manipulators are the people who buy silver and don't have an industrial use for it.

I'm also frustrated with the posts that indicate silver is actually even close to being worth what it is selling for now. How can people who've lived through the dotcom bubble and the housing bubble, and a hundred other bubbles somehow think that silver is the one thing that looks like a bubble, tastes like a bubble, smells like a bubble - but isn't a bubble. Look at the graphs. 600% increase in 7 years? Can anyone really look me in the face and tell me that's not a bubble?

Sorry, am venting here.

Quote Originally Posted by II DALTON II View Post
    Until Industry complains that Silver is too high in price to use in their products there is no problem with the price.
    Sounds like what my friend said when he bought a home in California in 2005.

It's not in a bubble. Institutions never bought up the miners in mass, nor have individual investors. Silver mining stocks are in a 30 year rut, and the price of silver is the only commodity still selling for less than it's all time high in 1980. You need to educate yourself. Start by reading here: http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1312064021.php
    Last edited by kwyjibo; 05-12-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo View Post
    It's not in a bubble. Institutions never bought up the miners in mass, nor have individual investors. Silver mining stocks are in a 30 year rut, and the price of silver is the only commodity still selling for less than it's all time high in 1980. You need to educate yourself. Start by reading here: http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1312064021.php
    Not sure silverseek.com would constitute an unbiased analysis of silver. If they do, they need to seriously consider choosing another name!

I'd argue there are a lot of commodities in huge bubbles right now. Gold and oil being the two foremost. I don't know that comparing two bubbles proves neither one is a bubble.

Things tend to crash down to what they're worth. And, since you brought up the 1980s.......

Default Bubble

I looked you in the face but it was in a BUBBLE

Silver and gold is not a bubble. The rise was slow and steady.

Facebook is a bubble.

Amazon? A bubble.

Zynga? Groupon? LinkedIn? Bubble. Bubble. Bubble.

Just because you lost money does not mean it's a bubble.

It's a bubble to you because you lost money.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast