Page 1 of 50 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Least favorite silver coin or round?

Default Least favorite silver coin or round?

Okay, we all tend to have our favorite silver. But are there any coins, rounds or bars that you actually dislike?

For whatever reason, I dislike the US '64 Kennedy halves. I think it's a combination of things;

1) I'm a bit lazy and I hate that I have check the dates to see if it is a 90% or 40%.

2) The obverse is rather simplistic. I don't need spinning tops and color wheels, but I look at it and think 'meh'.

3) It's left facing. When there is a portrait, I'm somehow drawn to those that are right facing. (insert your analysis as needed)

How about you? Anything you dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    Okay, we all tend to have our favorite silver. But are there any coins, rounds or bars that you actually dislike?

For whatever reason, I dislike the US '64 Kennedy halves. I think it's a combination of things;

1) I'm a bit lazy and I hate that I have check the dates to see if it is a 90% or 40%.

2) The obverse is rather simplistic. I don't need spinning tops and color wheels, but I look at it and think 'meh'.

3) It's left facing. When there is a portrait, I'm somehow drawn to those that are right facing. (insert your analysis as needed)

How about you? Anything you dislike?
    90% kennedys are the best circ going...hardly any wear...many available.. i love em... had for spot + or - tiny...??? nor do you need to read dates.??? the reeding is very identifiable to all..

have no least favorites..all i have and own are fine, any round is a good round as long as it is real.....sorry no dislikes, learned to love it all a long time ago..

INCT

Mexican pesos. Horrible looking junk silver. I do like libertads though. Odd.

I don't really like Franklin Half Dollars. I'll still buy 'em, just don't really like the way they look.

I really like the Kennedys

Quote Originally Posted by naturalbornchaos View Post
    I don't really like Franklin Half Dollars. I'll still buy 'em, just don't really like the way they look.

I really like the Kennedys
    Franklin was one ugly dude...but brains and foresight were important back then only i guess.....LOL

INCT

I'm not a fan of either Franklins or Kennedy's. When stacking 90% I go with quarters and dimes 100% of the time. I just love Bust Halves as numis though and have several high grade examples. For .999 it is pretty much anything Canadian. I have nothing against Canada in general but their milk spot problem is terrible and really sucks.

Canadian Maples.

I know many of you will find this strange, but I think phils look kinda lame.

I just dislike generic rounds. Except for some Perth stuff I find their artwork kind of bland. I can appreciate them for their usually low premium though.

I stack old US coinage and gov. issued bullion, Krugs, Maples, and Eagles. It's just a personal preference and I like the history behind them.
    Carpe Omnia
    (Seize It All)

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    (Thus ever to Tyrants)

2011 brittanias design sucks. Cougar from rcm sucks..englehard bar and matthey...please change logo. Maple leaf do same. Anybody see the nice dragon design of pamp suisse silver bar? That's how the stuff's supposed to be done.

Page 1 of 50 123456711 ... LastLast